• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

vanty

CaLyhFdUMAATAD_.jpg:orig

broz0rs

Their covers of Sakanaction and Hoshino Gen were pretty neat

Those two were the ones that really stood out for me as well. Recently, I feel they've been trying too hard on their arrangements, but when they just get back to just guitars and keyboard I can listen to them all day.

Riripon is a lunatic

yeah man, that chick is just too much. There's a few times where I said I to myself after laughing at her clips "should I post this on GAF?" but all her shit is so perverted lol

==================

I found a English subbed compilation of my favorite Nogizaka running gag.. Maiyan's "Kuroishi-san"

tumblr_n4334qavpM1qhx9ubo3_250.gif

Shiraishi Mai mad at Akimoto Manatsu

Kurita

MONOEYES to release their first live DVD/Blu-Ray on March 9th! Can't wait!!!!
Surprised to see that the DVD is only 2900yen, that's quite cheap for live footage.

But are you going to do like with Perfume's documentary, paying the ticket but not going?
:p, I'm kidding. It's a pity you couldn't go.

Hahaha! calling me out, I still regret not being able to go to that.

#Dontdrinkbeforeanearlymorning

Maybe if Perfume tours London there's a chance we could meet (again).

I need that new Megumi Wata in my life right now. Any site streaming it digitally?

it was published by Tower Records so I don't believe so. although, it does look like Amazon japan got some physical copies, which is slightly surprising. it's also somewhat reasonably priced, so I'll order it in the next few weeks if they still have any.

Larsa

It's up on iTunes at least, but I was kinda disappointed when I saw it was only 4 full songs with 3 30 second interludes :/

It's up on iTunes at least, but I was kinda disappointed when I saw it was only 4 full songs with 3 30 second interludes :/

one of these days I need to actually do something about getting an itunes account set up.

also I retract my "reasonably priced" comment

Speaking of philosophical perversion, you should read this new interview with Hug Mii of BiSH, translated by Lurkette.

Hug Me: I think of AV as symbolic. Like in the 3 seconds it takes to get it in, time stops, nothing seems real, you know? For an adult to think of that realm, to polish up a plan, and to make it become real, that's such a dream of mine. I have one erotic manga, it uses real-life idols as the subject material, and it's all stuff that could never happen in real life. That's the dream, you know? To do something that definitely can't be done.

Koutei Camera Girl is now called Koutei Camera Girl Zwei (Kouteka 2) and they have two new members. (er, one new member? I've lost track)

http://natalie.mu/music/news/174689

One new member named うぉーうぉーとぅーみー (I won't bother to guess how it will be romanized).

vanty

X Japan's album has been delayed due to Pata having a health issue.

Due to completely unforeseen circumstances, X JAPAN have announced that their show at SSE Arena Wembley, scheduled for March 12, 2016, has now been postponed to March 4, 2017. All original tickets sold will be honored at the new 2017 date.

PATA (guitarist) was admitted to the ICU at a hospital in Tokyo on January 15, 2016. He was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition, which included a severe blood clot. He recently came out of the ICU and his condition has thankfully stabilized, however his doctors do not consider him fit to fly until he has made a full recovery.

After much discussion, X JAPAN has announced a suspension of their current performance commitments, which include the Wembley show. Given the unfortunate circumstances, the release of X JAPAN’s new album, scheduled for a March 11, 2016 has also been postponed. Expect a rescheduled worldwide release date for their as-yet-untitled new album to be announced soon.

In more positive news

Slowdive

Banned
I'm pretty sure without Pata's condition it was always going to get delayed. It's just how Yoshiki is. Don't forget unless plans have changed half the album is going to be re-recordings of old songs, pathetic it hasn't been released yet really, it was "90% complete" back in 2011, then delayed because Yoshiki decided to include one more song. If you'd have told me back in 2013 that Bowie would return and release two albums before X Japan's came out I probably wouldn't have believed you, but here we are. I don't listen to them anymore but I'm still interested in how the album will turn out after all this time.

The new Charisma.com is rubbish. :/

Larsa

Huh, I liked the new Charisma.com. The hook is unremarkable, but the verses are pretty fire. I thought OLest was a big improvement from DIStopping too.

and I admit that I'm in the ever-increasing minority in my opinion. I think they've just turned into a group that turns out super glossy tracks that by and large just bounce off of me, and that bums me out because I listened to Ai Ai Syndrome hundreds of times over a 6 month span or something after it came out.

Iinazuke Blue, Train HELL, and Arasaa Dreaming are probably the only songs since to really stick with me.

that Meliyas album though...

--

Daoko's day-late twintail pic

Kurita

Huh, I liked the new Charisma.com. The hook is unremarkable, but the verses are pretty fire. I thought OLest was a big improvement from DIStopping too.
I think it's a cool song, too.
Personnaly I prefered DIStopping BUT OLest was pretty solid and Arasaa Dreaming is just my favorite song by the duo.

Surprised to see there's no MV out for indigo la End's new single yet. Once again it's a pretty dope release. The second b-side is beautiful, especially if you like piano and acoustic guitar.

Tracklist and cover for Ame no Parade's major debut album. They decided to include some of their indie tracks in it, guess it's cool for new fans. Definitely one of my most anticipated releases of March.
Kfx2iKz.jpg

01. epoch
02. Tokyo
03. Movement
04. Focus
05. breaking dawn
06. novi Orbis
07. new place
08. 10-9
09. 揺らぎ巡る君の中のそれ
10. encore
11. Noctiluca
12. Dear J&A 
13. Petrichor

Jintor

More thoughts on new ccom - I only really started liking it when we got to one of the signature vicious verses. It's definitely not on an aiaisydrome or olest level IMHO.

The pv is real strong though

news_xlarge_unbordeallstars_art201602.jpg

A bunch of unBORDE acts are getting together Live Aid style to promote Coca-Cola with a Nakata song. Should be a glorious mess.
http://natalie.mu/music/news/174882

I like the Charisma.com song. I think they're still about as good as they've always been, it's just that they keep doing the same old thing and other acts have snatched up more of my interest in the meantime.

Surprised to see there's no MV out for indigo la End's new single yet.

It is unusual but not exactly surprising given the situation.

The only one I didn't recognize was アカシック and i kinda like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acvu2Tsj1co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWGD2Hqx9LA

yeah man, this isn't half bad. how have I never heard of them before?

So good.

Speaking of, I somehow only just found out about C.R.E.A.M Sodaz.

yeah that album of theirs with her on it is seriously pretty damn good. apparently those guys and the Flying96 guys contribute music to charisma sometimes too?

god. I hope another Meliyas album happens sometime.

Kurita

Well, there's only one of them who's actually good. (it's Kamattechan)
Come on son

Man, looking at the collage, unBORDE really is a great label : indigo la End, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, androp, Takahashi Yu, Passepied and tofubeats... <3

It is unusual but not exactly surprising given the situation.

I don't know man, indigo la End have been on TV to promote the new single so I doubt it's related.

daydream

Banned
digging the new CC

new megumi wata is a letdown, however. the album cover is the best thing about it. the four songs are fine but i don't expect the release to be looked back on as anything but 'inessential'

Top Bottom