• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

faridmon

Lol, meant Towa Tei. Had to go back and check.

Never been fan of both of their works.

Also, Tricot are touring in UK, but aren't coming to Birmingham and I am thinking of seeing them all the way in Leicester :/
God knows why they chose that town over Brum....

EDIT: Have to add, also listening to this new J-pop artist called Seira Karyia, and I am digging her two EPs, especially Nobi Nobi No Style. funnily enough, she worked and her music is being done by Tofubeat, and I don't dislike it.

anyone else had a listen?

I hope so! I think it was you that said they would announce it tomorrow lol.

Yeah it was haha, then I started second guessing myself when I saw no follow up information.

Yes, it's on 8-9pm Japan time, PTA members only. On Perfume Locks! on Monday they're going to announce more details.

Ok phew, I didn't get PTA this year, so if anyone has the password.........

Expecting a trailer tomorrow or Monday for a PV.

Ayeeee

vw6ZOy4.png

Kurita

No Europe :'(
New album yaaaay

14 songs, so how many new songs? We already have Sweet Refrain, Pick me up, Relax in the City, Hold Your Hand, Cling Cling I guess. Pretty sure they'll include B-sides.
Half old half new I guess?

llehuty

It just hit me that I'm going to be in Japan in June. I need to do research on the buying tickets thing from abroad.

No Europe is a complete dick move, though.

Kurita

It just hit me that I'm going to be in Japan in June. I need to do research on the buying tickets thing from abroad.

No Europe is a complete dick move, though.
Haha same, I was thinking "Ugh no Paris show..." but I'll be in Japan for a while starting August so I'll try to see them there!

llehuty

Onji ‏@OnjiKobe 24 minHace 24 minutos Ver traducción
New Album "Cosmic Explorer" include 14(!) songs!!! #PTATV

Onji ‏@OnjiKobe 21 minHace 21 minutos Ver traducción
The theme of the new song is "Martial Art" #PTATV

Ready for some cool choreo!

Album details are up on the PTA site in 40 minutes, I think.

In the mean time, I need to write a letter of complain @ amuse for no European tour, makes no sense considering the amount of fans they have here.

Peru

Well they've had European and US tours separately before so maybe we'll get a European one later. Not like they'll come to my country anyway. Seen them three times but it's been a couple of years since last time.

llehuty

Well they've had European and US tours separately before so maybe we'll get a European one later. Not like they'll come to my country anyway. Seen them three times but it's been a couple of years since last time.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If they want to do a full on American Tour, it makes sense announce it as a separate thing, since it's a big deal.

Kurita

Tracklist
01. Navigate
02. Cosmic Explorer
03. Miracle Worker
04. Next Stage with YOU
05. STORY
06. FLASH(Album-mix)
07. Sweet Refrain(Album-mix)
08. Baby Face
09. TOKIMEKI LIGHTS(Album-mix)
10. STAR TRAIN(Album-mix)
11. Relax In The City
12. Pick Me Up
13. Cling Cling(Album-mix)
14. Hold Your Hand

deets - http://natalie.mu/music/news/176138
DISC 1

*beaten**

DISC 2(初回限定盤A、初回限定盤B)
・ FLASH
・ FLASH -Original Instrumental-
・ Perfumeのただただラジオが好きだからレイディオ! 2

llehuty

Yessssss Story!!!

And I'm quite pleased with the selection of tracks. I wish it had Display with album mix treatment, that song had so much potential.

But Story!!! Need to see it live.

Not too hot on the B-Sides choice =/

Also let's hope the album version make Cling Cling and STAR TRAIN more interesting.

it's a total crapshoot when it comes to Nakata, for every good album version there's a corresponding crap one. watch him just make STAR TRAIN 7 minutes long and somehow crappier

--

5Xe9c4q.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo7P1iybta0

are HKT the current best 48g or what? the power of Sasshi

--

tentenko's garage sale

--

for some reason, Momoko (BiSH) is eating chocolate covered cuttlefish jerky

--

neshcom

Banned
Nakata's got a really bad percentage for album mixes being good or no. I'd say Glitter, Edge, and SAMT might be the only ones with staying power.

Nakata's got a really bad percentage for album mixes being good or no. I'd say Glitter, Edge, and SAMT might be the only ones with staying power.

I think he did a pretty decent job overall with Level 3 but then you look at Kyary's album versions and it's just disaster city. The point more or less being that songs like STAR TRAIN and Hold Your Hand (and Display frankly) don't stand to lose much by being retooled...

e: uh, so Amaranthus kind of rules? damn man.

well these were interesting listens. Amaranthus must have cost a fortune to record with all the session musicians and choirs and whatnot. it's also probably the first start-to-finish coherent album they've ever released; it's kind of what you'd want/expect out of a maturing group like them. Hakkin no Yoake is a 5th Dimension-style mixed bag but there's some rad as shit songs on there. The mastering on the KISS song is still garbage lol.

they're actually worth paying attention to again! totally buying the first live BD they put out with the new material on it. you know, since they put out like 10 with the same song pool...

Well new albums are always available one day before the official release date in Japan. That's the "Flying get day"/フラゲ日. It's kinda like a tradition!

definitely, but I don't usually see online retailers getting in on it like they did with this one. new Momoclo is a big event I guess.

the new Necronomidol has been in peoples' hands since Sunday. meanwhile I'm just waiting for the itunes release.

Kurita

definitely, but I don't usually see online retailers getting in on it like they did with this one. new Momoclo is a big event I guess.

the new Necronomidol has been in peoples' hands since Sunday. meanwhile I'm just waiting for the itunes release.
Oh yeah, online retailers are a different story you're right.
Personally I get my CDs one or two days after the Japanese release. Amazon Japan is crazy fast. They ship it on Tuesday and I get them on Thurday/Friday.

Oh yeah, online retailers are a different story you're right.
Personally I get my CDs one or two days after the Japanese release. Amazon Japan is crazy fast. They ship it on Tuesday and I get them on Thurday/Friday.

Same here on the US east coast, which is basically as far away from japan as one could be. pretty crazy.

Top Bottom