• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

S&L uploaded 3/4 of the new Especia to mediafire. I don't actually know what his end goal is. I can't tell if he's doing this because he's mad at people or happy? He's uploaded 3 new songs to soundcloud and started leaving cryptic/nonsense comments

Slowdive

Banned
I don't get it. Does he own the rights to the songs? What if Victor finds out? If he's leaking because of that fan, that isn't too smart and doesn't really make sense. And it's not like they're doing anything that bad, they paid to go to the shows, live videos get uploaded all the time. Wouldn't he be better off claiming copyright on the videos? I know it seems he did that with their Vimeo account.

I'm not complaining though whatever his reasons haha. I just find it strange.

lol Akko

--

charisma.com are live on Line (interview)

https://live.line.me/r/channels/479/broadcast/1857

e: done

--

fZSATWJ.gif

--

http://ototoy.jp/news/83156

Oomori helped Risa Satosaki (Shoujo Kakka no International) pick out a guitar.

of course she helped the poor girl pick out a several thousand dollar Gibson Dove. the story's actually pretty cute, I guess Risa was emailing around for suggestions and one of Seiko's staff said to meet her at the store.

--

Paruru v. robot

Aizo

Banned
There's a digest video of World End Girlfriend's new song. I guess what's going on is there will be a flower exhibit (because the song is called "White Flower, Red Flower"), along with the concert where they'll debut the full 18 minute version of the song, as a combined event called "Paradaise of Shadows" at the Shibuya WWW venue (one of my favorite venues in Tokyo) on March 2nd.

Apparently, those who attend the event will get download codes for the song, but I'm not sure when/if it'll be available to the public. I wish I could go, but I'm not back in Tokyo until later in March :(
I mean they're nice guitars and all but for that price range it wouldn't be even in my top 10.
That's exactly my point. It's like buying an alienware computer; they're nice, but you could do better for that price. You're paying a lot just for the Gibson name.

HcAySR2.png

--

does anybody know what the members of The Rice Panic are up to these days? I guess the bassist is in a group called "eveparty" but I can't find much about them. The other two seem to have disappeared entirely?

Kurita

Kana-Boon's new album is really good. A lot of good jams on there.

Yuuuuup. Listening to it at least twice a day, they managed to exceed my expectations. I expected something close to TIME but it's quite different, less monotonous (that being said I think TIME was a stellar album despite that).
Reading some interviews about it makes me enjoy it even more, cause they weren't as happy as before while doing music lately. For this album their thought process was more "What do we want to do personally" as opposed to "What do people want to hear" so basically they had more fun, tried some new things and it paid off!

Kurita

Wait. You mean they're happier than they were before, right?

That was confusing haha
To put it simply : with the release of this album they feel more accomplished and happier than last year, when they kinda lost motivation.

Kansoku

赤い公園 announced a new album! Out on 03/23. http://natalie.mu/music/news/177162

news_xlarge_akaikoen_jkt201603_nor.jpg

01. ボール
02. 東京
03. Canvas
04. 西東京
05. ショートホープ
06. デイドリーム
07. あなたのあのこ、いけないわたし
08. 喧嘩
09. 14
10. ハンバーグ!
11. ナルコレプシー
12. KOIKI
13. 黄色い花
14. おやすみ

鬱。/xoxo(Kiss&Hug) 2016.2.3 新宿MARZ

Trash-Up have kind of been killing it with their releases, they're basically at a point where I will buy anything they put out without a second thought.

YMMV depending on your interest in underground/offbeat idol groups

I almost pulled the trigger on the Necronomidol album in the order I just placed and backed out at the last minute

--

Guso Drop: Shion's back with the group either this week or next. they have songs ready to be recorded.

Nice, especially since PoW isn't my jam at all (and PoW has that bell that sounds like Slack DX). They really did some fun stuff with that 3D data. And that grinding was... unexpected.

I actually skipped back to that part to see if what I just saw was correct ha, interesting video.

Kurita

New sumika is quite fun and fresh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFITBgsyVr4
Happy to hear some new material by the band since the vocalist had some health problems last year.

Unrelated but I just realized SiM and Perfume's albums are getting released on the same day, guess I'll order both... Too much good music. And 9mm Parabellum Bullet are also dropping an album in april heh

Peru

The two MomoClo albums sold 161k combined first week. Not their highest number ever but pretty good after some uneventful years with plenty of naysayers. Listened through Amaranthus only so far, but it's pretty, pretty good.

Kurita

Oh yeah I need to listen to these albums out of curiosity.
I enjoyed their album 5th Dimension (especially 労働讃歌 and 5 The Power), is it similar?

Aizo

Banned
Finished listening to 白金の夜明け with my girlfriend today. She bought that, and I bought the other album, but we haven't had much time to listen because we were pretty much only listening to them together in the car. The album is pretty strong for the most part. I really didn't like the last two tracks, but there are some real hits in the first half. I also love the guitar in Moon Pride, so that song is still cool with me.

I'm excited for the other album! I really love the look of these two special editions, too. I bought the right album, since gold is my favorite color.
top one's the best, but the anime one is pretty funny.

...I should read Gantz
I recommend that you don't. It's... it's not good.
Oh yeah I need to listen to these albums out of curiosity.
I enjoyed their album 5th Dimension (especially 労働讃歌 and 5 The Power), is it similar?
I think that if you liked some of that, then you'll definitely find some tracks that you like. Instrumentally, there are very interesting things going on in many of the songs.

Kurita

i shared this video w/ my friends, i like =)

the keyboardist has a good touch. i don't see anyone in the video playing the bass guitar. the bass line compliments the keys and drums nice.
Cause they don't have an official bassist, technically they're just 4 so they have support bassists.

Top Bottom