• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

faridmon

If that's anything like the PS3 Joysound app, be prepared for region blocking disappointment :(

Damn. :(

But if they do have some good slection, I would really consider in importing in the whole service. I am planning to work in Japan for a year as internship anyway, so I hope they do have some good slection there.

How is the musical selection in PS3 Joysound?

faridmon

Also new releases from People in The Box and THE NOVEMBERS this week along with a new single by Czecho no Republic. Yay!

Zoe

Damn. :(

But if they do have some good slection, I would really consider in importing in the whole service. I am planning to work in Japan for a year as internship anyway, so I hope they do have some good slection there.

How is the musical selection in PS3 Joysound?

The numbers sound to be in line with the Wii app. There should be an online list of their offerings. I'll check later at work.

Zoe

I really can't understand. :(

Well looking at the artists you mentioned earlier:

One OK Rock: 56 songs
Fujifabric: 0
NUMBER GIRL: 23 songs
Supercar: 0
ART-SCHOOL: 52 songs
OBLIVION DUST: 2 songs

Here's the actual search page: http://joysound.com/ex/search/
Artist is the first bubble, song title is the second. The dropdown next to the input box is 1) start of phrase, 2) part of phrase, 3) exact phrase.

Infinite

After that bad mini-album and meh-ish single, people in the box really made a pretty decent album. I'm liking it so far.

faridmon

Bought the new People In The Box album yesterday.
I'll listen again to it but color me satisfied.

I want that, but no money. damn it. Piorities....

I think I'll just wait til December and get the new Androp Album and see if I have some spare money...

faridmon

Well looking at the artists you mentioned earlier:

One OK Rock: 56 songs
Fujifabric: 0
NUMBER GIRL: 23 songs
Supercar: 0
ART-SCHOOL: 52 songs
OBLIVION DUST: 2 songs

Here's the actual search page: http://joysound.com/ex/search/
Artist is the first bubble, song title is the second. The dropdown next to the input box is 1) start of phrase, 2) part of phrase, 3) exact phrase.

Thanks. Wierd that they don't have any Fujifabric songs while they have some Number Girl ones. Though that Fujifabric was bigger than that...

faridmon

Yeah, I completely forgot that Fujifabric use thier name in katakana rather than English, that is more like it.

They even have 2 Cruyff In The Bedroom songs. The song selection is surprisingly alright.

faridmon

The new Band of the day: She Her Her Hers

F8oXH.jpg

This is a brand new band I have been listening to lately and one that I have never heard of before until my friend lent me his copy of their new release which is called ''Scene'' and I have been hooked on it ever since. Their new EP sounds very much like a cross between the faux Post-punk of The Smiths, in the way the bass is driving the music, and indie Rock-like of simple structure and the delicate sound of the guitars, which remind me a lot of the Cribs. This coupled with a strong influence of Japanese Alternative bands such as Galileo Galilei and Fujifabric and you can pretty much guess what type of music this is. The whimsical vocals also play a major rule in why I consider this new band awesome. Their Website doesn’t give me a lot information since I can’t read Japanese but it’s as well designed as their music is. This band is worth looking for in the future since I am excited for whatever release they come up with!

A Seed of Tomorrow (Short ver.) - Monologue - Magic Hour (Live session)

faridmon

We talked about it a few pages ago. They are really good, can't wait to hear some new stuff by this band.

Did we? Well, apologies then.

Yeah, they are good.

EDIT: I did go back few pages back, and yeah youguys did discuss their release. Well not so new band then.

Infinite

The new Band of the day: She Her Her Hers

http://i.imgur.com/F8oXH.jpg

This is a brand new band I have been listening to lately and one that I have never heard of before until my friend lent me his copy of their new release which is called ''Scene'' and I have been hooked on it ever since. Their new EP sounds very much like a cross between the faux Post-punk of The Smiths, in the way the bass is driving the music, and indie Rock-like of simple structure and the delicate sound of the guitars, which remind me a lot of the Cribs. This coupled with a strong influence of Japanese Alternative bands such as Galileo Galilei and Fujifabric and you can pretty much guess what type of music this is. The whimsical vocals also play a major rule in why I consider this new band awesome. Their Website doesn’t give me a lot information since I can’t read Japanese but it’s as well designed as their music is. This band is worth looking for in the future since I am excited for whatever release they come up with!

A Seed of Tomorrow (Short ver.) - Monologue - Magic Hour (Live session)

Yeah I posted about these guys a few pages back but this post did them way more justice.

Momoiro Clover's new single is fantastic. Have it on repeat right now.

Wow! I love this!

Kurita

I still don't get the region blocking on online stores.
I mean, what's the point? I'd love to give them my money.

faridmon

The opening track of the latest The Novembers is... Wow.

The whole record is sublime. I love the Novembers. Them and Crystal Stilts is the reason why I love Shoegazing in the 21st century.

What's up with the hidden track on the latest EP of Czecho No Republic?
Who's that woman singing?
Is she one of the two new recruit after Yoshida Adim (The afro geezer) dumping the band?

I still don't get the region blocking on online stores.
I mean, what's the point? I'd love to give them my money.

It's not really something many understand. Sony, for example, blocks non-Japanese viewers from watching Youtube videos of their artists. It's especially annoying since Sony is the second biggest music label in Japan (behind Avex Group).

faridmon

I buy a few CDs but most of my stuff comes from iTunes/Amazon MP3, it's cheaper so...

I can never buy Japanese Music online, since Hear Japan went under, and many of the digital copies in Western market is priced smiliarly to the physical ones with out the art/booklet/lyrics sheet,etc

Infinite

I can never buy Japanese Music online, since Hear Japan went under, and many of the digital copies in Western market is priced smiliarly to the physical ones with out the art/booklet/lyrics sheet,etc

Most albums I get from itunes are like 10 usd or in that neighborhood. I used to be the same way but it just isn't feasible anymore for me. The last thing I purchased physically was Merpeoples - Metropolis

Utada is back from her retirement with a new digital single "桜流し" (Sakura Nagashi) -
http://www.sakuranagashi.jp/top.php

Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo was unveiled in its entirety and opened on November 17. Its theme song is Sakura Nagashi, a song created for this movie by Utada Hikaru, who also wrote the theme song for the previous movie. Although Utada is currently focusing her energies on her “human activities,” she agreed to create this song, thanks to the fervent requests made by the movie production staff and the deep appreciation for Evangelion held by Utada herself, who also created the movie theme songs for the two prior Evangelion movies.
Unlike the theme songs for 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone and 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, the latest song is sentimental and beautiful; it is a requiem for life full of literary elegance.

Shouta

faridmon

Most albums I get from itunes are like 10 usd or in that neighborhood. I used to be the same way but it just isn't feasible anymore for me. The last thing I purchased physically was Merpeoples - Metropolis

are many of them available in a non-Japanese Itunes? i do buy it sometimes from there when ever it is possible (Lillies and Remains ones are always available there) but many of them aren't there.

I buy a lot of live DVDs though (well, "a lot", like 3 or 4 each year).
They're expensive but hey...

Yeah, I am not touching those with 10-feet poole. Too expensive :/

I bet you have Androp ones. They are fantastic live.

Top Bottom