• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

news_header_160903_BiS_Photo.jpg

I love that this is the picture Natalie went with for their headline. poor Nagayama.

e: Watanabe straight up out-sings all of the applicants, lol

There's another new codomo mental act, this time a soloist called 少年がミルク.

I'm alright with the new BiS lineup. The important thing is that Godzilla made it plus Nagayama also won me over in the end. It helps that the others were offered a place in a different group but unfortunately it's uncertain if Tsutsu will join. It seems she was already in a BiS cover group called BiSS and she's such a dedicated fan that she would rather go back to that than be in an official rival group. It sucks that she didn't make it. I won't forget the injustice of placing her last in the singing competition even though she was clearly one of the best singers.

nu-BiS first live show at 1800 jst, which does me NO good :p It'll be on that nico stream.

I assume it's just going to be four songs (Primal, IDOL, Nerve, and BiS BiS), unless they do the most BiS thing possible and just play Nerve 10 times in a row.

e: even Watanabe is calling her "Gojira" now. they've got the IDOL IS DEAD costumes. show will be here

I'd buy a subscription to this channel.

Larsa

That was a great big mess and I fucking loved it. I am now super excited for the future of this group.

New member names:
Maina - キカ•フロント•フロンタール (Kika Front Frontale)
Megumu - アヤ•エイトプリンス (Aya Eight Prince)
Nagayama - ペリ•ウブ (Peri Ubu)
Gojira - ゴ•ジーラ (Go Ji-ra)

Peri suprisingly very quickly became my favorite.She is just adorably aloof. Bless that spicy curry that lead to this.

Paripi, Nozomu and Yufu also stormed the stage at the end as part of SiS to formally declare their rivalry with BiS. They are doing their first live show later this month.

Peri suprisingly very quickly became my favorite.She is just adorably aloof. Bless that spicy curry that lead to this.

Paripi, Nozomu and Yufu also stormed the stage at the end as part of SiS to formally declare their rivalry with BiS. They are doing their first live show later this month.

I'm also a fan of Peri but I just like ponkotsu members in general.

I'm seeing reports that Tsuttsu and Second Summer dipped out for good, not sure how accurate those are though. I'm glad Nozomu stuck around though, she's too dorky and likable.

Kurita

Takahashi Yu to release his new full album on November 16. It will include a self-cover of the song he wrote for Kanjani8 which makes me super happy cause it was great

Now I just need Sakanaction's new album to be announced and the year is pretty much perfect in terms of release. Maybe add a new Kyuso Nekokami and Brian the Sun for good measure.

bluethree

Anyone here listen to chatmonchy? I'll be seeing them live in a few weeks, they're not necessarily my favorite group but I'm still pretty excited. Going to lives in Tokyo is so much fun. I want to go to as many as I can while I'm here.

Yep, this seems to be why they warned people to turn off their wi-fi before each show. Apparently LA didn't get the drones.

I'm also a fan of Peri but I just like ponkotsu members in general.

I'm seeing reports that Tsuttsu and Second Summer dipped out for good, not sure how accurate those are though. I'm glad Nozomu stuck around though, she's too dorky and likable.

Second Summer is in but it seems both Bug Me and Tsutsu declined. They were my two faves so I don't know how interested I'll be in SiS. Of course that will probably change if they're a different style musically and not more of the same Matsukuma tunes.

Larsa

BAYCAMP2016 TIP OFF ACT 春ねむり
Oh my god Haru Nemuri is melting my heart right now. This Baycamp set is amazing. Such an emotional and hypnotizing flow. She also gets really powerfully aggressive at points.
She's releasing her debut mini album on Low High Who? next month and I'm looking forward to it more than anything else right now.

https://soundcloud.com/mcharunonemuri/fjlwhvqfrawo

Also:

edit: aaaaah, the one video she has on her low high who profile page is a Shinsei Kamattechan cover. I love her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPB6JN1bpmM

faridmon

The newest and last The Flickers album is really good. Their best. Sad to see them go, but at least they went on with a bang.

They are still young so I am looking forward to their next endeavor.

Kurita

Damn, Shout it Out just lost their guitarist and bassist. Oh well, they're 19/20yo so I guess at that age it's important to make a choice. Hope they'll be happy.
Looking forward to what Shout it Out will release from now on, one of the most promising newcomer bands. Wonder if they'll get new official members.

HAJIMETAL(ハジメタル)「 Maybe,I'll be with you」 (featuring 金子理江)

--

from the appearance on Abema today, we learned some stuff about BiS. Gojira was an OL and is still the best. Peri was a student with some idol experience. She also briefly had a tweet up where she said her singing sounded tone-deaf at their live, lol. Kika worked in a bakery and Aya worked in a shop of some kind. They stuck with the 18 years old thing :\

Larsa

from the appearance on Abema today, we learned some stuff about BiS. Gojira was an OL and is still the best. Peri was a student with some idol experience. She also briefly had a tweet up where she said her singing sounded tone-deaf at their live, lol. Kika worked in a bakery and Aya worked in a shop of some kind. They stuck with the 18 years old thing :\

Rip Peri. She's probably the only one where the 18 years thing is a lie the other way. I think she turns 18 this year and that's why she can't appear on late night tv lol.

sora tob sakana/夏の扉(MV)

I don't know if this was posted, but I missed it somehow. Their album is pretty good/better than I was expecting.

--

NEVE SLIDE DOWN『Let me out』

new group by Passcode management. Passcode 2 in all but name really.

--

VMO / Halved feat Chip King (The Body)

--

so this is apparently a thing. an idol supergroup starring Chitti (BiSH), Maina (Osaka Shunkashuto), Yoshida Rinne, Minato (predia), Yuriya (Cheeky Parade).

LayLa

Something a lot more "professional" about that BiSH MV, I guess that's the major label cash at work. Looking forward to hearing the album now!

vanty

So is the BiSH album available outside of Japan? Not in the iTunes AU store, and in the Japanese store it's 2000 yen when I thought there was something about 300 or was that something else?

So is the BiSH album available outside of Japan? Not in the iTunes AU store, and in the Japnese store it's 2000 yen when I thought there was something about 300 or was that something else?

it was 300円 for 24 hours or so i think. I don't think it's "officially" out until next week, this was like an early adopters incentive

e: actually I don't think it's out anywhere else until October!

Top Bottom