• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Cq80XDbUMAAxnq-.jpg:large

I've thought it for a while, but this pretty much confirms Avandon's Beni and Tentenko are long lost siblings.

also this normal-ass picture of 生ハムと焼うどん is kind of one of my favorite things from this weekend.

It's good, but is Kenmochi running out of ideas? The piano sounds like it's straight from Momotaro lol.

yeah I think that's kind of the downside to them being so prolific, we're starting to see patterns emerge.

he's nowhere near as predictable as Nakata or Sakurai Kenta at least.

cool video though. also I like how Dir.F still gets his name on everything even though apparently he had nothing to do with this video.

Kurita

The song this time some sort of tie-up with Toyota. They say that the song is the result of Suiyoubi trying the Toyota Prius lol

Finally got to see Perfume after being a fan since GAME came out and it was worth the wait.
The performance was great, the set list was good and Star Train was the best part about the show IMO

The Perfume show last night vastly exceeded my expectations. The setlist was exactly the same as it was for the LA show so I'm guessing it won't change for Chicago and NY. On paper it doesn't seem like a great setlist but it really does work. Those Cosmic Explorer songs are so much better in a live setting than they are as album tracks. Compared to the show I saw in LA in 2014 the stage setup was much fancier this time. I won't spoil anything but you're in for some pretty spectacular stuff if you're going to one of the remaining shows. The MC segments also seemed longer this time which is a definite plus (though I will say the 2014 show had a much better selection of songs). I went with a couple friends who didn't know too much about Perfume ant they had a fantastic time.

Already obsessed. This song is so Hana Tsuruuchi. Between the stuff she's done for Avandoned, Haupthormonie, Chaki, and her own singles, she's pretty much my favorite songwriter this year. Really excited about her album in November.

The Osaka math rock band paranoid void is finally releasing something that's not limited to their live shows. Their new MV.

Wulfric

Omg, Perfume's Chicago show is so close! Is anyone here going?

I heard they performed Jenny wa gokigen naname in L.A, was that true for you guys at the San Francisco concert? It's such a cute song and it's probably one of the few they actually sing live.

I heard they performed Jenny wa gokigen naname in L.A, was that true for you guys at the San Francisco concert? It's such a cute song and it's probably one of the few they actually sing live.

yes they play Jenny wa gokigen naname in SF

llehuty

I'm boiling right now! I saw the fancams ;_;. I needed this tour in Europe ;_;.

Kurita

Well damn, RADWIMPS announced the release of a full original album for November 23.

They released last week their soundtrack for the movie Kimi no Na ha, which topped the charts. It's the first time they manage to get the number one spot of the Oricon charts.

November is gonna be "lit" as they say with Kinoko Teikoku, [Alexandros] and RADWIMPS dropping albums

the BiS youtube channel uploaded a number of videos by audition finalists (proxy), who are bizarrely named things like "Second Summer Uika" and "Coshoji Megumu" and "Ton Tonko" and "Bug Me"

it also has them all listed as 18 years old, which I don't believe for a second.

e: pulling for "Yokoyama Hina," she seems like my kind of weirdo

Kurita

the HIATUS will hold a series of live shows in fancy clubs like the Blue Note in Tokyo in October
I think I'll grab a ticket even though they cost 6500 yen lol Might be easier to get one given the price (and the fact that you have to be an adult).
I can't miss an opportunity to see Hosomi Takeshi

Larsa

New Ichiko Aoba album out October 19th!

Really looking forward to this.
Good timing too. I listened to her 2014 live album for the first time last week and I think I might like it even more than her studio albums. Was hoping she would release something new soon.

Tain

yuuuuuuuup I'm so excited for this

New Shugo Tokumaru album 10/19.

the BiS youtube channel uploaded a number of videos by audition finalists (proxy), who are bizarrely named things like "Second Summer Uika" and "Coshoji Megumu" and "Ton Tonko" and "Bug Me"

it also has them all listed as 18 years old, which I don't believe for a second.

e: pulling for "Yokoyama Hina," she seems like my kind of weirdo

Did JxSxK forget that Wacky and Kamiya Saki existed? Anyway Bug Mii is adorably aloof.

Kurita

Took a membership for KANA-BOON's official website just so that I could access the pre-orders for their winter tour (it's just 500yen a month so whatever). Hope I'll manage to get a ticket... lol

Tentenko's video is so good. It's crazy how much BiS/BiSH related news can happen in a 24 hour period. Yufu Terashima also released a new MV (proxy) and so did UK's band.

So has Chiyono left 3776 then? There was a live stream earlier with three new members but she wasn't there. Edit: Ah, there's going to be some sort of announcement today.

Those were members of Mi-II who are sort of like trainees of the Fujinomiya idols. It's true that 3776 is planning to recruit new members for the next generation of the group though.

Fjordson

This is probably a dumb question, but is cd japan reliable for importing music to the States?

This band I like (Pictured Resort) came out with a new record, but it seems like it's not available anywhere save for the Japanese CD version. Going to just order that, but was wondering where the best place to was.

Kurita

This is probably a dumb question, but is cd japan reliable for importing music to the States?

This band I like (Pictured Resort) came out with a new record, but it seems like it's not available anywhere save for the Japanese CD version. Going to just order that, but was wondering where the best place to was.
Cdjapan and Amazon Japan are good

Kurita

I barely count 48/46 because who knows how many unique viewers that actually is and blah blah

but I had no idea Radwimps were anywhere near that popular

Kurita

I barely count 48/46 because who knows how many unique viewers that actually is and blah blah

but I had no idea Radwimps were anywhere near that popular
They always get a ton of views. And it's one of their best songs to date + a tie-up with an animated movie. Lots of new fans with this tune.

And there's also Wanima, 3.3 million views with their latest music video released 1 month ago
https://youtu.be/qag4ewos4TE

Nissy is making bank too
https://youtu.be/7GN0j2VnPIQ

Top Bottom