• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

BiS final auditions will be streamed live to NND here.

dang, they're still going. they're doing choreography/dance practice now. currently doing Nerve :')

Bug Me is still a winner, she was the only one who actually went over to the camera during the pointing part. Not a great dancer, but I bet she makes it just due to personality. "Maina The End" looks a shocking amount like Uika (the real Uika), if it came out they're sisters, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked.

e: lol, Junnosuke dancing is worth this alone

e2: I need to watch the singing part when the archive is up, but right now I'm hoping for
Second Summer Uika - she's cute, good at dance, and apparently can sing well.
Yokohama Hina- she wore a godzilla shirt, and seems like she'd be fun
Bag Me - still awkward and funny
Maina the End - looks like a cross between Uika and Sakura Ando. seems charismatic
Tsuttsu will probably make it, she seems like a natural

e3: can I just say that after like five damn hours of watching these ladies dance to BiS songs that I'm completely fangirling out that BiS is back? I'm totally on board

boyyyyy I was wrong. Watanabe read off who got the most points from the staff members from the audition so far. Megumu was #1, Second Summer Uika and and Mitsuhayashi and Tsuttsu followed up. I don't think those are final rankings though.

Pour Lui in last place, lol.

haha I think he just joked that for the girls who don't make it that Gang Parade is hiring :p

Yokohama Hina- she wore a godzilla shirt, and seems like she'd be fun
If you missed the singing audition part you missed the first look at her deadpan wit. As soon as she got in the booth Junnosuke was being his typical jerk self and asked her "what's your cup size?" Without missing a beat she responded "G cup" pointing to the image of Godzilla on her chest. Probably the best technical singer was Rio Michihayashi, plus she looks like she could be in Especia. But my favorite overall is definitely Tsutsu. There's just something about her. Add Bug Mii and Megumu and you have my top five.

Speaking of Especia, it was announced that Monari will be returning as a soloist (not hard to predict that this would happen.) She'll be releasing her first single in November on VIVID SOUND (Michiru Hoshino, microstar, Maron Hamada, etc.) It's a small label but pretty much all their music is good and I think it's a perfect fit for her.

If you missed the singing audition part you missed the first look at her deadpan wit. As soon as she got in the booth Junnosuke was being his typical jerk self and asked her "what's your cup size?" Without missing a beat she responded "G cup" pointing to the image of Godzilla on her chest. Probably the best technical singer was Rio Michihayashi, plus she looks like she could be in Especia. But my favorite overall is definitely Tsutsu. There's just something about her. Add Bug Mii and Megumu and you have my top five.

Tsuttsu definitely seems to have "it."

after everybody went to bed, Maina got up, went, grabbed a can of beer and cracked it and drank it in the room while staring into the camera. And then she started taking cell phone pictures of the ones who were asleep and showing them to the webcam. I like her.

I can't go back and watch the singing portion because they decided to just run the feed 24/7 instead of breaking it up :\

Tain

Well hurry up and find it! I want to hear a report!

It was fantastic. The setlist was great (the only song I wanted to see but didn't was Party Maker but I got Fake It so I'm good), Cosmic Explorer songs work great live and the title track served as an insane opener. A-chan talked a lot about deep dish pizza (of course) as an audience member translated. The crowd was extremely into the show throughout.

It was fantastic. The setlist was great (the only song I wanted to see but didn't was Party Maker but I got Fake It so I'm good), Cosmic Explorer songs work great live and the title track served as an insane opener. A-chan talked a lot about deep dish pizza (of course) as an audience member translated. The crowd was extremely into the show throughout.
She talked about Clam Chowder in SF

Wulfric

Well hurry up and find it! I want to hear a report!

It was incredible. Perfume looked better than in their videos.

*They started with Navigate/Cosmic Explorer, and there was this whole laser show w/ drones while the opening movie played.
*MC: Nocchi and Kashiyuka really shined here. They pointed out some of the cosplayers in the audience and Nocchi was devastated when she couldn't find a Nocchi cosplayer. A-chan was in back for a while, and when she came back Nocchi was like "Oh A-chan, you're back." The pizza made A-chan's throat itch, lol.
*We caught Perfume on screen in Pokemon Go. A-chan was adorable. "But I want to catch more rare Pokemon... (looks at the screen) ah, Perfume!
*Baby Face in English again. Hopefully this gets a studio version sometime.
*"Last song" was Chocolate Disco... then two minutes of clapping later they come back for Star Train. I don't even like Star Train but it was the perfect way to end the night.

Wulfric

ikr, I totally thought it was photoshop. Even their dancing seemed more impressive irl. If they don't come to my city again I might have to go to NYC or LA to see them. Even if that means I'm further from the stage. :)

ChryZ

A-chan was in back for a while, and when she came back Nocchi was like "Oh A-chan, you're back." The pizza made A-chan's throat itch, lol.
LKPPZoM.jpg

It really does, I don't understand American pizza.

Nice you guys had fun at Perfume. Drones with lasers sound incredible, I hope they do that for their dome concerts later in the year.

Kurita

Details about SEKAI NO OWARI's upcoming single
CD(全仕様共通)
01. Hey Ho
02. Error
03. Death Disco -remixed by melodysheep-
初回限定盤A LIVE CD
・The Dinner -Selected LIVE CD Version A
初回限定盤B LIVE CD
・The Dinner -Selected LIVE CD Version B

BiS update:

After staying up late drinking, Maina woke up 3 hours later and killed the footrace like it was nothing. For breakfast, Nagayama and Tsuttsu were super unhappy with the fact that their food was spicy (I'm not sure if they were the only ones who got spicy food), Tsuttsu was pissed off and grouchy for hours after. Nagayama was actually pretty good humored about it, she's winning me over.

Just saw Junnosuke interview Tsuttsu and she seems like an introverted weirdo, gives off kind of a Lingling vibe. Chat was asking if she's alright in the head. She also seems to be the best dancer, or at least the most natural.

Bug Me let slip that her real name is Yamada, so that's been a recurring joke.

Larsa

Bug "Yamada" Mii 10th place on day 2 voting...suffering.

this stream is super chill to just leave on in the background all day.

I barely count 48/46 because who knows how many unique viewers that actually is and blah blah

but I had no idea Radwimps were anywhere near that popular

To be fair, Nogizaka/Keyakizaka46 numbers are going to be significantly lower than they could be because Sony doesn't allow their videos to be viewed outside of Japan. Plus I don't really think you'll see much viewer inflation numbers with Jpop videos since there aren't any music shows where the number of views play a role in whether or not the artist/group wins that week like there is in Kpop. With Kpop you have fans putting together tutorials about how to inflate views because shows like Inkigayo take into account Youtube views.

On another note, I just saw the preview image for Mayuyu's new photobook. I think she may have secured the best selling photobook ever for AKB with that one shot.

Rooster12

Been getting into some Radwimps recently.

That sing-songy fast rapping thing they do is just annoying, just takes me out of the song. They seem to do that a lot too huh?

Wulfric

GAF, what do you recommend to fill the void of the Avex trinity (Ayu, Kumi, Namie)? Namie is still doing her own thing obviously, but I've been let down by Koda Kumi's and Ayu's recent albums.

Thankfully Hikki is descending from her Italian villa to drop an album, otherwise it's just been Cosmic Explorer and k-pop for me this year.

Bug "Yamada" Mii 10th place on day 2 voting...suffering.

this stream is super chill to just leave on in the background all day.

that's been me for the last two days, it's great. if she's 10th, who the hell is 11? that girl with the bob with no personality who wore a BanMon shirt?

my current personal rankings, best to worst

Maina
Hina
Tsuttsu
Yamada Me
Michihayashi
Nagayama
Second Summer
Nozomu
Megumu
Tontonko
Terayama

e: it's morning and they're running again. and Maina is killing it again. this is where they're holding it. nice looking area.

e2: well, Junnosuke hot sauce bombed two breakfasts again today. Maina volunteered to eat one, lol. she's definitely my favorite now.

--

Please Breeze / 校庭カメラガールツヴァイ live at サワソニ野外フェス2016

jbug617

Banned
Taguchi Junnosuke formerly of KAT-TUN is going solo. His single is going to come out in November.

I thought he was going to leave the music industry when he chose to leave KAT-TUN and Johnny's in March.

Kurita

The idea of idol groups is that you can hide your bad voice when you're all singing together, going solo just exposes that.
Look at Atsuko Maeda or Tomomi Itano

New Momoclo video.

BiS update:

After staying up late drinking, Maina woke up 3 hours later and killed the footrace like it was nothing. For breakfast, Nagayama and Tsuttsu were super unhappy with the fact that their food was spicy (I'm not sure if they were the only ones who got spicy food), Tsuttsu was pissed off and grouchy for hours after. Nagayama was actually pretty good humored about it, she's winning me over.

Just saw Junnosuke interview Tsuttsu and she seems like an introverted weirdo, gives off kind of a Lingling vibe. Chat was asking if she's alright in the head. She also seems to be the best dancer, or at least the most natural.

Bug Me let slip that her real name is Yamada, so that's been a recurring joke.

The food seems to be extra spicy for two random people every meal. I didn't see it but I heard that Tsutsu got one of them for dinner the first night so if she got it again for breakfast she'd be pretty justifiably pissed. Anyway, Tontonko has officially dropped out but I think it was her own decision. It seems likely that Nagayama will be next. I can't believe she only brought that one pair of platform shoes for the whole weekend. No wonder she finishes last in the morning runs.

The food seems to be extra spicy for two random people every meal. I didn't see it but I heard that Tsutsu got one of them for dinner the first night so if she got it again for breakfast she'd be pretty justifiably pissed. Anyway, Tontonko has officially dropped out but I think it was her own decision. It seems likely that Nagayama will be next. I can't believe she only brought that one pair of platform shoes for the whole weekend. No wonder she finishes last in the morning runs.

almost all the energy Nagayama had yesterday is gone, she's kind of skulking around.

Terayuma is being called Yamashita by the chat so I guess she's the second one to let her real name slip.

Maina's playing the clever game, she picked the spicy food on purpose and she's been sticking to Pour Lui all day.

it's funny how Tsuttsu could rehearse all day but she has no patience for any of the other bullshit.

chat has also taken to calling Hina ゴGラ or just G, which is pretty good.

jbug617

Banned
Details about SEKAI NO OWARI's upcoming single

CD(全仕様共通)
01. Hey Ho
02. Error
03. Death Disco -remixed by melodysheep-
初回限定盤A LIVE CD
・The Dinner -Selected LIVE CD Version A
初回限定盤B LIVE CD
・The Dinner -Selected LIVE CD Version B

like this cover
news_xlarge_sekainoowari_jkt20161005_kikangentei.jpg

Kurita

Got a ticket to see Kankaku Piero at Ebisu Liquidroom on December 8th, huzzah!

I tried to get one for Gesu no Kiwami Otome + indigo la End but I failed lol

Larsa

The new BiS. Maina and Gojira are in so I'm happy. Didn't expect Nagayama, but she did spend the last two hours eating cold spicy curry so she earned it.

The rest of the girls will form a rival group named SiS not produced by Watanabe. So relieved it's not the last we've seen of them.

BiSH who?

they're technically american shoegaze fronted by a japanese lady, but they're good.

--

Maina and Gojira <3. Nagayama really won me over too so I'm really happy she made it.

I left it on overnight and woke up to a bunch of cheering, which was apparently a swimsuit competition. If I understood it while half asleep, Yamada won the competition while still coming in dead last ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

also I've heard BiS BiS like 50 times this weekend and have only ended up liking it more?

Kurita

That happens a lot. Damn population density.
Yeah I know, last year I tried to get a ticket to see Monoeyes and failed
Two years ago it was for the Hiatus, didn't get one

Oh well lol Stop being popular, bands I like!

Hope I'll manage to get tickets for the Hiatus and Kana-Boon

Top Bottom