• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Infinite

I just listened to a few of their songs on Bandcamp and I like what I'm hearing!

Yeah they're pretty sick, touring in the uk at the moment. Here's an interview of them in the Japan times. idk I find their style really interesting considering that they cover jpop songs too and turn it into something else. I also think it's cool how one of them wears a gas mask.

tumblr_mt2r4oQy0b1rw7atjo1_1280.jpg

Slowdive

Banned
Added ya.
Man, I want a proper new Shiina Ringo album.

Accepted. :)

Same! I thought there was a good chance of a new album this year but with the announcement of 15th anniversary releases and her apparently having a baby, I doubt it now.

I'm a big Shinsei Kamattechan fan but I haven't scrobbled them too much. I see you've heard Noko's solo album, I've not heard it yet, how is it?

Larsa

Accepted. :)

Same! I thought there was a good chance of a new album this year but with the announcement of 15th anniversary releases and her apparently having a baby, I doubt it now.

I'm a big Shinsei Kamattechan fan but I haven't scrobbled them too much. I see you've heard Noko's solo album, I've not heard it yet, how is it?

It's pretty odd. It's just remakes of Kamattechan songs with some slight differences and cleaner production. I like it after listening to it a few times, but I will gobble up everything related to Shinsei Kamattechan or Noko.

Slowdive

Banned
It's pretty odd. It's just remakes of Kamattechan songs with some slight differences and cleaner production. I like it after listening to it a few times, but I will gobble up everything related to Shinsei Kamattechan or Noko.

Sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a listen soon.

Oh my god, I just found out that Broken Little Sister released a Beatles shoegaze cover album called Beatless under the name of MEEKS. http://youtu.be/XxC9HUEeqY8 SO good. Completely passed me by.

faridmon

''My brother fucked me his name is eddaword''
''My name is Patsy, i shall show my pussy to everyone''
''My Sister fucked me his, her name is Bayonne''

Holy shit, Comanechi is something else, The profanity is through the roof.

Aizo

Banned
I saw a poster of Gacharic Spin in a music store yesterday, so I decided to look them up. Apparently, they're pretty well known? I was surprised I had never heard of them. If I had one thing to say about them, it would be that theirebassist is quite accomplished. What do you all think of them? I'm still unfamiliar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXZImsZujPc

GhaleonQ

btw Cuushe's album butterfly case is on sale today and available on bandcamp. I really love it, easily one of the best of the year.

It lived up to the hype! She's collaborating with Daisuke Tanabe, Cokiyu, Dza, and Jealousguy on Kidkanevil's new album. https://twitter.com/kidkanevil/status/376263769145364480 https://twitter.com/kidkanevil/status/352760411038285824 https://twitter.com/kidkanevil/status/352384809672257537 So, watch for that.

And, man, Moskitoo's release really turned out to be something. Night Hike was actually made awhile ago. It's still probably my favorite on the LP, which is 1 of my albums of the year. http://alittlesomething.bandcamp.com/track/night-hike It's like winter in Hokkaido with warm blankets pulled up over your head.

Aizo

Banned
I went in to Tower Records today, and a band was setting up. I'd never heard of them, though. Vez was their name, I think. I also saw vezhopedeathstar, so that could be their full band name? Is anyone familiar?
They played an acoustic set, and it was pretty good. I get the impression that they don't usually play acoustic.

Before they played, I listened to a bunch of new Visual Kei albums.
Kamijo's single was average.
Girugamesh's new stuff seems really weird. There's so much electronic post-production in it.
MUCC's single seemed quite good.

I also listened to The Oral Cigarette's mini-album again. I want it, but it's so expensive. I don't really wanna pay ¥1800 for 6 songs. That's a little steep. Damn Japanese music.
Damn my wallet.

Kansoku

Confession time:

I never listened to capsule, so last weekend I decided to give it a try. Listened to STEREO WORXXX and aside from Dee J (What an awful music) it's a great album. Loved Feelin' Alright and Step on the Floor. Then I listened to past works. I was so disappointed with the rest. Most of SW is what I expected, but the rest felt too "eletronica" for my tastes, and the older albums have more of a pop feel to them.

Now I'm kinda hopping that CAPS LOCK sounds like SW...

Larsa

I'm kinda the opposite, for me the best albums are Fruits Clipper, Flashback and Sugarless Girl. I found the most recent albums a little disappointing.

Sourcerer

I'm hoping someone here can help me, I'm going on holiday to Japan for 3 weeks in November and I'm hoping to catch some concerts. Actually, I'd gladly see as many as possible of the groups I like. I mostly enjoy the upbeat girl groups, but so far have my eyes on.

• 9nine at Disney Resort Maihama Amphitheatre (4th Nov)
  • Kara at Saimama Super Arena (19th/20th Nov)
Anyone got tips of how to buy tickets? I'm pretty clueless, the 9nine event starts the day after I arrive so I'm not sure I even have a chance.

Vard

I'm hoping someone here can help me, I'm going on holiday to Japan for 3 weeks in November and I'm hoping to catch some concerts. Actually, I'd gladly see as many as possible of the groups I like. I mostly enjoy the upbeat girl groups, but so far have my eyes on.

• 9nine at Disney Resort Maihama Amphitheatre (4th Nov)
  • Kara at Saimama Super Arena (19th/20th Nov)
Anyone got tips of how to buy tickets? I'm pretty clueless, the 9nine event starts the day after I arrive so I'm not sure I even have a chance.

Check out this ticket-buying guide: http://www.tokyogigguide.com/en/tickets

I tried buying tickets for Soul Flower Union a couple years back, when it was a day before the show, from a Loppi machine in a Lawson but it said they were no longer available. I ended up getting tickets at the venue, right before the show.

That was at a smaller venue though (DUO Music Exchange in Shibuya); I'm not sure how/if it's different for larger shows like the 2 you mentioned.

Kurita

Sorry, I need to let all that hype go away from my body, I'm gonna explode
I've been listening to the album for more than 2 and a half hours now.

Just wanted to pop in and say that Party Maker is literally the best thing Perfume has ever done.

Now I'm going to go listen to it again and fall into a Nakata-induced coma.

Kansoku

Dude
Dream Land

Seriously though, aside from Mirai no Museum the album is pretty much perfect.

Agreed. I was hopping MnM would not make it, even tough I knew it was going to be

EDIT: Saw POOL MV, and it's great. I'm actually a bit more excited for T H E than for LEVEL 3 because from the livestream where they showed the whole album I can say that there's not a single bad music in T H E. Sadly there's Mirai no Museum in LEVEL 3.

Aizo

Banned
Sorry, I need to let all that hype go away from my body, I'm gonna explode
I've been listening to the album for more than 2 and a half hours now.

Weren't you going to change your avatar once you saw them live or something?
I mean, I guess you did change it slightly... You sly fox.

Top Bottom