• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Bourne reboot in the early planning phase, would cast a new actor (if it happens)

The Bourne franchise, which consists of four films starring Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, amnesiac special agent, could return--but Damon will not be playing the character again. A reboot of the franchise is being planned, and it'll be separate from both those films and the 2012 spin-off The Bourne Legacy, which starred Jeremy Renner.

In an interview with Collider, producer Frank Marshall has discussed plans to bring Bourne back to the big screen with a new creative team. "I do like the Bourne series, and I do think that’s an opportunity for different filmmakers to come in now," he said. "So, I’m hoping that we can find a new story for Bourne and a new filmmaker. We are looking."

While this doesn't necessarily mean that a new Bourne film will definitely happen, planning is, at least, underway

Who would you want to play the new Jason Bourne?

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

1: Who asked for this?

2: no Shakey can please. Hire an actor that can actually do action on screen so there's less need for quick shakey edits.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Why is this a thing? There is no need for this, all the films are fine, they likely cant do better than whats been done, so whhhhyyy? Make something new. Or pull a much older IP in need of refreshing.

Watch them do a "soft" reboot and have time travel involved (secrete US military time travel machine).

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Jesus fucking Christ, can’t they come up with some fresh ideas than rebooting a series that I thought technically was still going?

Damon was great as Bourne, there’s no need to reboot it.

JOE ROGAN AS JASON BOURNE

giphy.gif

Lady Gaga is...

Bourne This Way

Summer 2022

She's on the right track, baby she was born to brave

Last edited:

zeorhymer

Since good looking white men no longer exists....not sure if straight colored men would take up the mantle.

Erm..."men" in the loosest sense of the term.

Skyr

There were many unnecessary reboots but this one takes the crown. Pathetic hollywood folks.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Regarding Jason Bourne, they could give me a Jason Bourne 2 on next-gen systems.

Jason Bourne PS3/X360/PC was amazing. Very underrated.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Bourne is a combination of power and IQ and we've seen Bourne who isn't Damon and the world collapsed
ApprehensiveImperturbableCreature-size_restricted.gif
anyway the reason I am commenting is because I care about watching the next Bourne movie in a beloved franchise.

Meh. I dont think audiences will accept anyone not damon in the role. He made it his.

The renner one made significantly less money.

Bourne trilogy is incredible. Legacy and Jason bourne lost the spark and felt unnecessary.

I also think when Marvel gets around to rebooting they're going to run into problems casting people like iron man and captain america. People wont accept new actors in the roles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom