• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Huh..
P.SUS just posted this on Facebook:

229810_10151211249491251_772339370_n.jpg

Dunno who enjoyed or jeesh are.. but vanilla and p.sus look a bit different than I expected them to :lol

You thought they were black didn't you?

Jaroof

You thought they were black didn't you?

Well, uh... well.... maybe. Just P.SUS and Vanilla! :p
Haha.

On another note...
I FINALLY saw Emancipator tonight!
And all I have to say is:
Wow.

What a show.
It started out with some dude named Boom Baptist. He started out doing okay, but quickly won everyone over. He was pretty dope.
I'm gonna have to check out his music. He even played a tribute to J Dilla that he made.

After he was done, Yppah came on stage.
Unsurprisingly, his group did even better than the first guy. They played guitars, there was someone on the drums, and there was even a vocalist who played guitar and violin. She was very versatile. Oh, and her voice worked perfectly with the songs they performed.
While they were performing, they were doing so well, I was wondering how Emancipator would even stack up to them... but I kept in mind that he was the main attraction.

When he finally got on stage, he started off pretty mellow.. but quickly had the whole crowd dancing like crazy!
He transitioned from song to song seamlessly, and it worked amazingly.
Once Old Devil came on, there wasn't a still body in the room. It was crazy.
Near the end of his set, he played some new tracks(which means there's probably gonna be a new album in the near future :D), and they were all great.
I'm not much of a dancer, but man, that music moved through me so much, I couldn't stop dancing.
Oh, and in the middle of his set, some guy stops and points at my shirt(I was wearing a Nujabes shirt), and goes "Represent!", to which I replied "Hell yeah!". Haha.
He then gives me a bro-shake, then we continue enjoying the concert.

After everything was over, I went towards the stage, and waited to talk to him.
My friend and I started chatting with him, saying how much of a great job he did, and I pretty much told him how he's my favorite artist, and Safe in the Steep Cliffs is one of my favorite albums.
Then, I asked him about Uyama Hiroto, and Nujabes.. and how he had worked with them.
Apparently, he had gotten the chance to go to Nujabes' house and work with him!
I knew he was on the Hydeout label, but I didn't know he actually got to go to his house!
As for Uyama Hiroto, he was featured on Kamakura. I knew he was on one of Emancipator's songs, but I didn't know which until tonight.

But anyways.. after we talked about all that, I told him about how we have this thread and how there's various artists in here, and how people were loving him in here.. He seemed pretty happy about that.

20120929_013322.jpg

Man, I was cheesing hard...

As we were about to wrap it up, I brought out one of his posters I had just gotten in the mail. At that moment, I realized I lost my pen I was going to have him sign it with!
He was really cool about it, though. He just told me to go check the bar for one, and he'd wait.
I got a pen, then he asked my name so he could sign it to me.
He signed it, then we parted ways. Such a cool guy.
Can't wait to go to one of his shows again.

kid ness

Haha.

On another note...
Wow.

What a show.
It started out with some dude named Boom Baptist. He started out doing okay, but quickly won everyone over. He was pretty dope.
I'm gonna have to check out his music. He even played a tribute to J Dilla that he made.

Unsurprisingly, his group did even better than the first guy. They played guitars, there was someone on the drums, and there was even a vocalist who played guitar and violin. She was very versatile. Oh, and her voice worked perfectly with the songs they performed.
While they were performing, they were doing so well, I was wondering how Emancipator would even stack up to them... but I kept in mind that he was the main attraction.

When he finally got on stage, he started off pretty mellow.. but quickly had the whole crowd dancing like crazy!
Near the end of his set, he played some new tracks(which means there's probably gonna be a new album in the near future :D), and they were all great.
I'm not much of a dancer, but man, that music moved through me so much, I couldn't stop dancing.
Oh, and in the middle of his set, some guy stops and points at my shirt(I was wearing a Nujabes shirt), and goes "Represent!", to which I replied "Hell yeah!". Haha.

My friend and I started chatting with him, saying how much of a great job he did, and I pretty much told him how he's my favorite artist, and Safe in the Steep Cliffs is one of my favorite albums.
Then, I asked him about Uyama Hiroto, and Nujabes.. and how he had worked with them.
I knew he was on the Hydeout label, but I didn't know he actually got to go to his house!
As for Uyama Hiroto, he was featured on Kamakura. I knew he was on one of Emancipator's songs, but I didn't know which until tonight.

But anyways.. after we talked about all that, I told him about how we have this thread and how there's various artists in here, and how people were loving him in here.. He seemed pretty happy about that.

20120929_013322.jpg

As we were about to wrap it up, I brought out one of his posters I had just gotten in the mail. At that moment, I realized I lost my pen I was going to have him sign it with!
He was really cool about it, though. He just told me to go check the bar for one, and he'd wait.
Sounds like a great night man! Glad to hear he's a cool guy too. I heard recently his new album is coming out in January. How were the new tracks?

neoism

Haha.

On another note...
Wow.

What a show.

woow lucky... love his music too....

<3

He needs a new release I usually always stay away from remixes... i need another original album from him
I was amazed he out did himself with SITSC, SIWBCE... it was amazing.. I thought for the longest time that Nujabes did with rainy days one of my favorite tracks ever...<3

Jaroof

Sounds like a great night man! Glad to hear he's a cool guy too. I heard recently his new album is coming out in January. How were the new tracks?
Really? Where'd you hear that from? I hope it's true.. :D
Have a new Air Tycoon album coming up(this month, supposedly), a new Little People album next month, a Ronald Jenkees by the end of the year, and then an Emancipator album? Maaaan.. REALLY looking forward to the next few months.

woow lucky... love his music too....

<3

He needs a new release I usually always stay away from remixes... i need another original album from him
I was amazed he out did himself with SITSC, SIWBCE... it was amazing.. I thought for the longest time that Nujabes did with rainy days one of my favorite tracks ever...<3
Yeah, his Remixes album wasn't that great to me. Mostly because it wasn't his stuff(minus one track), and you could tell.
And yeah, Rainy Eyes is f'in amazing. Love that song.
I still find it amazing that he got to work so closely with Nujabes.. I wonder what kind of impact that had on him. I should've stayed and talked to him longer!!
I think he'd remember me next time he has a show, though.. I have a pretty original name, and I'm pretty sure he could tell how much I adored his work.

Oh, and for those interested.. here's one of the videos I took while at the emancipator concert:
Anthem
The bass was really intense, but.. it was great.
Oh, and sorry for shaking the camera so much, but I couldn't stop dancing.. haha

soul creator - did you end up seeing him?

soul creator - did you end up seeing him?

Yep, and it was definitely a great show. I kinda have a new crush on the woman who performed with Yppah (Anomie Belle) lol. Got to briefly talk to her for a bit and congratulate her after she performed.

Was able to get a video of Old Devil also. Unfortunately, I had to leave slightly early, so I didn't get to see him fully complete his set (I had to go to work early damnit...I'm so old, lol)

On a somewhat related note, I recorded a track last year called Equally Shared using an Emancipator beat (nevergreen) with a friend of mine. Since you said you told him about this thread...

YO EMANCIPATOR DON'T SUE ME I JUST THINK YOUR SHIT'S DOPE

IrishNinja

damn, Jaroof that's awesome man...i'd be cheesing it up too, haha!

also yeah, that stream is cool - Flying Lotus' new one drops today!

Jaroof

Yep, and it was definitely a great show. I kinda have a new crush on the woman who performed with Yppah (Anomie Belle) lol. Got to briefly talk to her for a bit and congratulate her after she performed.

Was able to get a video of Old Devil also. Unfortunately, I had to leave slightly early, so I didn't get to see him fully complete his set (I had to go to work early damnit...I'm so old, lol)

On a somewhat related note, I recorded a track last year called Equally Shared using an Emancipator beat (nevergreen) with a friend of mine. Since you said you told him about this thread...

YO EMANCIPATOR DON'T SUE ME I JUST THINK YOUR SHIT'S DOPE

Nice, man.. Equally Shared is tight. And damn, your voice is deep! Haha.
Wasn't Old Devil the shit when you heard it live??
Your recording came out pretty clear compared to mine.. the bass was too much for all my recordings.

damn, Jaroof that's awesome man...i'd be cheesing it up too, haha!

also yeah, that stream is cool - Flying Lotus' new one drops today!

Yeah, I think it was the mixture of a bit of alcohol and genuine happiness that was responsible for my cheesin'.

Aguirre

Your recording came out pretty clear compared to mine.. the bass was too much for all my recordings.

Yeah, I think it was the mixture of a bit of alcohol and genuine happiness that was responsible for my cheesin'.

you're lucky. only musician i've met is moodymann.

dat original iphone4, still going strong. I've got a bunch of other random concert videos on my youtube account, and it always seems to produce some pretty decent sound.

And yeah, that was always the hypest song on the album for me, so it was cool seeing it live.

Not sure I'm really feeling FlyLo's new album, atleast not as much as Cosmogramma. Its much less melodic and a bit more chaotic. Still pretty good though.

Something has always bugged me with some of his productions - the hi-hats are always turned up all the way to the point where its piercing.

Metrotab

Banned
I'll be checking out the stuff in this thread after finishing Jazzmatazz, which someone linked me to in that Hopsin thread.

Never heard of this kinda stuff on the radio or the television.

Everyone checkout SiSe if you haven't. Found them years ago and just started getting back into them again. Its some interesting Latin Jazz-Hop/Trip-Hop/etc.

SiSe - Mariposa

SiSe - Bizcocho Amargo

Little People's album comes out today!!
Well, the digital version, anyway..
I already have it pre-ordered, so it should be coming pretty soon..

Here's a preview of the album for those interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD7QMEy5Qac

Thanks. Preview sounds good. Will buy.

I've been listening to Aldgate Patterns a lot.

Jaroof

Little People's new album, We Are But Hunks of Wood is officially out!
I'm listening to it right now :)
Edit: Actually, I guess it's for pre-orders only.. 'til tomorrow.. or sometime later today.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but

I made a beat just now, and I thought all of you might enjoy it!

http://soundcloud.com/filthy-paw/ghost

Listens, feedback, comments, criticism, hate, date thoughts are appreciated!

That was pretty good, man!
I liked it. Was bobbing my head throughout the whole beat.

Little People's new album, We Are But Hunks of Wood is officially out!
I'm listening to it right now :)
Edit: Actually, I guess it's for pre-orders only.. 'til tomorrow.. or sometime later today.

That was pretty good, man!
I liked it. Was bobbing my head throughout the whole beat.

Word up, thank you very much!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Super compatibility with both of you. It's like we listen to the same type of music or somethin.
http://www.last.fm/user/Bizmonial
that's me.

mine!

no idea if i joined the french group or not, haha

My Last.fm. Just added you.

Man, I have such an embarrassing username.

http://www.last.fm/user/GillTy

Hooked up to my iphone through cydia scrobblr so pretty much everything I listen to gets caught.

Thanks guys. All added.

New Fat Jon album coming out tomorrow.
Any sample track available?

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
It's on Amazon, Zune, and Spotify (probably iTunes as well)

I'm planning to rap over Never Mess With Sunday, lol

Well shit, I just looked on iTunes under "yppah" and received nothing. But when I did a title search bam it comes up. Lol thanks

And btw, when that happens don't forget to share man.

Kadux

Neo Member
I didn't find anything with this on the thread, so here's my contribution: Hidetake Takayama. Anything by him is nothing short of amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW--ZGJd5Fg

I still remember the first time I heard this. It hit me strong and this CD became the only thing I listened for the entire summer...Good memories and amazing music.

CRS

Man I wish the prices for Hydeout's CDs weren't so damn expensive. It's fucking ridiculous.

And of course I can't buy it. Stupid.

Posting this here too.

Anyone in Japan want to buy me 4 albums from Hydeout's website?

There's a few that I can't buy because I'm in the States. If anyone wants to help, please PM me.

Top Bottom