• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Jaroof

Just stumbled upon this:

It's pretty nice. Really laid back.
Sample:
Black Dogs

Jaroof getting namedropped, nice!

bob42jh - just wanted to say that CCR releases have been an absolute highlight of this thread, there's a lotta quality about but that name is up there for me with some of my hydeout favorites in terms of consistency. Here's to hoping you get approved over here at some point (if you're interested), any of us - including myself - would be happy to talk with you and share new release stuff up here.

I'm glad that I got mentioned, but damn! I can't find a message or anything from him.
I would have definitely answered had I gotten one. Sorry bob42jh!!
But yeah, as Irish said, CCR is amazing!

Edit:
Durr, I just found it. It was under "Other". I never really check that part of my messages, because it's usually filled with random messages from pages I've liked.
I finally responded to him and mentioned Miri and JoeFu, since they're usually the ones who link the new CCR albums.

Hey,

Have to apologise for the random message here, but my name is Bob, aka bob42jh off Youtube - co-owner of Cult Classic Records. I follow the thread you have on NeoGaff forums, and i saw your post on emancipators wall pop up and wanted to send you a message on behalf of all the artists on our label, we have been trying to contact you guys on the forum ( i was denied membership lol ), to say thank you for spreading our releases, its great to see music being shared and discussed. Our releases seem to pop up on the thread time and time again! So please pass on my thanks to everyone on there and let em know we got lots of releases in store (ljones included)!

All the best
Bob
Co-founder of Cult Classic Records and Internet Tracking Gratitude Giving Stalker =)

I just thought of something:
Hey, kid ness, when are y'all gonna release another Ten Million Sounds compilation album?? I loved the first one!

Beat Tape is awesome...
1530445001-1.jpg

http://docbattle.bandcamp.com/album/space-mountain

I like this album but I've never been given the choice to pay nothing for an album. I'd feel pretty scummy leaving a big fat zero in the payment field before I enter my email address. What would be a fair price for something like this?

kid ness

I just thought of something:
Hey, kid ness, when are y'all gonna release another Ten Million Sounds compilation album?? I loved the first one!
Hey Jaroof! Thanks for the kind words. There will be a new compilation out by Christmas :) Really excited for it, think you'll dig it!

Glad to see you're liking Hiatus! This is my favorite track by him: Hiatus - Third.

neoism

I never got around to checking this out til now.. and I'm sad that I didn't sooner!
I like it. Really chill.

I know, it sucks so much :/
I didn't get into his stuff until after he died.

It was fucked up I was listening to his stuff... I found him in 04..<3 but I was listening to his stuff when I found out he died.... a month later.. I was a million times more sad about that then Micheal. Every track he did was a masterpiece.....<3

I will listen to him until my death day.

Jaroof

So I checked out Bob42jh's page on Facebook, and he has quite a few compilation albums!
I had no idea he'd made so many.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/bobfourty-twojh/bob42jh-compilation-discography/169434756451604

It was fucked up I was listening to his stuff... I found him in 04..<3 but I was listening to his stuff when I found out he died.... a month later.. I was a million times more sad about that then Micheal. Every track he did was a masterpiece.....<3

I will listen to him until my death day.

:(
I have a feeling I'll do the same.
Island is such a bittersweet song.

JoeFu

Banned
New little sample by Lorn:
http://soundcloud.com/lorn/six

Also, Marcus D's Retro'd is available for pre-order. I pre-ordered mine, along with this poster:

They're only making 100 of them, so if you want one, hurry and pre-order!

I kickstarted the thing for 50 and I'm supposed to get a poster... I sure hope it's that one. Also pre-release for kickstarters should be next week. pretty happy. Love Marcus D

IrishNinja

Jaroof

I don't think this has been posted here before, so I'll post it now.
It's pretty solid.

My Space World & Babe I'm Gonna Leave You are dope.

CRS

Anthony always plugs it at the end of the show. Brian is a huge hip-hop head so I shouldn't be surprised that Robotobots is an instrumental hip-hop tape.

Yeah, Altano's the producer of the group.

JoeFu

Banned
YAY MY RETRO'D IS HERE!

dang, my poster has creases because they kinda just folded it over.... oh well

holy crap I love this CD

JoeFu

Banned
Seriously... this Mario Paint remix is so goood

... I'll upload it on youtube so you guys can hear it a week before. I'll let you know when I upload it, and you'll have to quote my post because I don't want it spreading :D

CRS

Just getting around to posting this in here. It's from The Doppelgangaz so you know it's top quality. One of my current favorite duo/groups right now. Hell, they probably are number one right now.

451857738-1.jpg

Doppic of Discussion (Pay What You Want / Free)

Fuck Everything, Air Tycoon is awesome

on another note, I was just thinking today about how I got into instrumental hip-hop...and I think I can actually trace it to RJD2's Clean Living on the ESPN NFL 2K5 soundtrack

I played the shit out of that game, and it also first put me on to RJD2. Went out and bought Since We Last Spoke soon after...and the rest is history. Fond memories of winning my Okayplayer NFL 2K5 league also, lol.

Then Samurai Champloo came along a few years later and got me even more hooked.

Jaroof

New Thomas Prime/Mega Ran track out.
It's gonna be part of Mega Ran's album that's coming out the 20th.

Gonna have to check out some more of Mega Ran's stuff.

Edit:
Also, this is pretty nice..
Follow ft. Holly Drummond prod. by None Like Joshua & Niazura

I had heard None Like Joshuarap over Emancipator's "Soon It Will Be Cold Enough to Build Fires" a while ago, but never looked at too much of his stuff.

Check it out!

Edit #2:
Hooooly shit.
Big news.
Emancipator just started his own label!
It's gonna be called Loci Records, and the first release will be an album by the artist known as "Tor".

emancipator said:
Fellow Music Lovers,
For years, I&#8217;ve found great purpose and pleasure in producing music as Emancipator. To have reached so many people along the way who resonate with my sound is incredibly inspiring. I&#8217;d like to build upon this response and cultivate a community of shared musical taste by introducing my own record label. As its name suggests, Loci Records is a meeting place, a point of convergence for myself and others who share a similar musical vision. Its focus is on the crossroads of melodic downtempo, instrumental hip hop, and electronica.

Loci&#8217;s first release will be the new full length album, &#8220;Drum Therapy&#8221; from acclaimed Vancouver producer Tor. Ten years in the making, this record promises to bring a soulful, cerebral blend of instrumentation that I believe to be a great representation of what Loci aims to curate. Drawing influence from across the globe, Drum Therapy is slated to entrance listeners with thought provoking harmonies and dusty samples that resonate long after the tracks end. Drum therapy will be available through Loci Records on 12/11/12.

Hell. Yes.

Ezalc

Just found out that Terry Callier who can be heard singing in the song Ordinary Joe, one of my personal favorites from that particular Nujabes album, died a few weeks ago on October 27 from cancer. Goddamn it man. R.I.P. you were no Ordinary Joe, Terry.

UncleBiz

Just found out that Terry Callier who can be heard singing in the song Ordinary Joe, one of my personal favorites from that particular Nujabes album, died a few weeks ago on October 27 from cancer. Goddamn it man. R.I.P. you were no Ordinary Joe, Terry.

Wow.. Didn't know he was 67, but still. Too early. Rest in peace, Terry.

UncleBiz

Got my copy of Retro'd today! It's amazing so far. Poster was pretty bent, and smaller than I imagined, but oh well. I still love it!

IrishNinja

playing CRS' album right now, just started but it's nice so far

Hooooly shit.
Big news.
Emancipator just started his own label!
It's gonna be called Loci Records, and the first release will be an album by the artist known as "Tor".

Hell. Yes.

awesome indeed! im late but was gonna post this...so awesome to see talent rewarded, coudln't work out for a better guy. cant wait to see what comes of this.

pretty varied stuff, i dug all of em. feel free to post more of em!

man, that sucks...RIP

I think this counts as jazz-hop.

http://lorangeproductions.com/track/alone-feat-blu

So fucking dope. Going to have to check out this guy's album.

niiiice...it's weird remembering Blu can be good again

Gambit61

New little sample by Lorn:
http://soundcloud.com/lorn/six

Also, Marcus D's Retro'd is available for pre-order. I pre-ordered mine, along with this poster:

They're only making 100 of them, so if you want one, hurry and pre-order!

Holy crap, UN Squadron. I love the theme for level 1. Gonna have to keep an eye out for this when it comes out.

Edit: It's out lol. Gonna have to wait until I get back from work to listen ;_;

http://marcusd.bandcamp.com/releases

Top Bottom