• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Fjordson

Shiat, did it get taken off of Amazon? I have $5 in MP3 credit, would love to pick this up.

Just discovered DJ Okawari, damn guys. So smooth, that late night chill vibe shit.
I'm so conflicted with this guy. His beats are fucking incredible: http://youtu.be/HzBtG4W8zys

But his pop tracks with vocalists are really boring: http://youtu.be/wsDHOMmXjFY

Insane instrumentals, though.

no idea why that Fat Jon album disappeared...it still shows up in my cloud player and everything as a valid purchased item, but no sign of it on the store.

Weird :/

Holy shit. Just found this thread. Shits like a new genre for me. Only experience ive had with any Jazz-Hop was Gurus Jazzmatazz. Liking that shook ones remix. Slowly gonna listen to all the music in the OP and move on from there.

More shit for my never ending music backlog.

Great thread.

CRS

I wonder if Amazon basically leaked it early. On Fat Jon's website, it says CD/Vinyl in Japan now, and digital versions in November.

Don't think it's allowed in the states yet. You can only order the album if you ship it to a Japan address. They re-issued copies of the Samurai Champloo OST's, "Departure" and "Impression" and have no way of getting them.

Slowly crying myself back to my lab work now. :(

Don't think it's allowed in the states yet. You can only order the album if you ship it to a Japan address. They re-issued copies of the Samurai Champloo OST's, "Departure" and "Impression" and have no way of getting them.

Slowly crying myself back to my lab work now. :(

In_before_the_lock_by_dantiscus.gif

JoeFu

Banned
Another CCR release

Minutes by Steve Blair

Haven't really listened to it yet, but didn't see anybody post it so thought I'd share.

DaFish

oh man, glad I got the Fat Jon Amazon DD then. very nice album... I'm not usually a fan of artist changing their style around. But this album keeps some "boom bap" with some styles of DJ Spinna, plus a straight up House track to finish it all off.

Dereck

oh man, glad I got the Fat Jon Amazon DD then. very nice album... I'm not usually a fan of artist changing their style around. But this album keeps some "boom bap" with some styles of DJ Spinna, plus a straight up House track to finish it all off.
Well, it is under the name Maurice Galatica, he used this name about 10 years ago on Humanoid Erotica, which I think is one of his best albums. Dude has a lush discography.

Tokubetsu

Not really sure if it belongs in here, but somebody recommended me the Neotokyo OST and it's got some good stuff in there.

Imbrium

Footprint

GREAT ost. The best thing to come out of the mod. I loved it so much I actually got the physical copy from CDBABY. It was only limited to like a couple hundred copies though. Cool packaging too.

Tokubetsu

What's neotokyo and why does it have a soundtrack.

http://youtu.be/MOh3xYPrYF8

It was a source engine mod that started as an Unreal Engine 2 mod even further back. Tactical and slower paced but it never took off (mainly because it ended up kinda sucking). A lot of cool ideas, great art and a killer soundtrack but kinda poor execution on the gameplay front.

The track in the trailer is called "Departure." It's track three off the second disc of the soundtrack.

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/edharrison

(think it's on itunes too?)

Exr

Is Flying Lotus any good live? He's playing on Monday at a club for $20 bucks, reeeally really tempted to go by myself since I don't know anyone locally that likes him.

Gambit61

I can't believe I've never seen this thread until now. I love this kind of music. Ever since Samurai Champloo first aired in Japan I've been hooked. Lol

neoism

I can't believe I've never seen this thread until now. I love this kind of music. Ever since Samurai Champloo first aired in Japan I've been hooked. Lol

brofist.....nujabes and the music made it special...still my favorite anime ever... I really don't like it that much but ploo is too dope.. lol I've bought it 3times lol....

one of my greatest mysteries is this track....starting at 4:13I would give anything for a track version of this without the shitty voice overs.... sorry about english dub in this... damn I never watched ploo unless its in japanese... Mugen's voice in english is terribad. I think Tsutchie did the track though he never got much credit... he is amazing.

IrishNinja

Is Flying Lotus any good live? He's playing on Monday at a club for $20 bucks, reeeally really tempted to go by myself since I don't know anyone locally that likes him.

aw, what? man id love to see lotus for that price, you should go!
now i gotta go see if they're coming down here.

Gambit61

brofist.....nujabes and the music made it special...still my favorite anime ever... I really don't like it that much but ploo is too dope.. lol I've bought it 3times lol....

one of my greatest mysteries is this track....starting at 4:13I would give anything for a track version of this without the shitty voice overs.... sorry about english dub in this... damn I never watched ploo unless its in japanese... Mugen's voice in english is terribad. I think Tsutchie did the track though he never got much credit... he is amazing.

Yeah, I know how you feel. There was another track that wasn't on the OST and I couldn't find the track by itself. It's been so long that I forgot what the scene was :(

Oh, I was going through my old collection and this came up. I completely forgot about this album lol.

http://youtu.be/ad5O_8KC4_I

IrishNinja

Some of you might remember my friend Wy-i's Seasons EP I posted about a year ago. Almost a year later it's been picked up for a physical release in Japan but you can still download and enjoy the full thing at his bandcamp. :)

damn, i wanna say i checked this out last time you posted it? it's so good though, tell your friend he's awesome and i hope to see more from him, will pay for the next one!

Jaroof

Some of you might remember my friend Wy-i's Seasons EP I posted about a year ago. Almost a year later it's been picked up for a physical release in Japan but you can still download and enjoy the full thing at his bandcamp. :)

I never got around to checking this out til now.. and I'm sad that I didn't sooner!
I like it. Really chill.

Listening to Nujabe's songs makes me sad that such a great composer has left the earth, never to write again. :(

I know, it sucks so much :/
I didn't get into his stuff until after he died.

gillty

Banned
Just a message for GAF from Bob42jh of the legendary YouTube channel and CCR.

Bob42jh said:
Hey man

I got your last.fm from the Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop thread.

Im Bob42jh, i co-own Cult Classic Records, i tried contacting one of the guys from the thread before on facebook i think the guys name was Jarouf but i never heard back from him. But i just wanted to say on behalf of all the artists on CCR thank you guys for sharing and talking about our releases, it's great to see people passionatly disccuss and share music. We got allot of music in store soon! I tried to register a account to post a message of gratidude but i was denied access lol.

Anyway thanks again

All the best.

Fjordson

This is real nice. Especially that "Fall" track.

I actually like the English dubs. Obviously not as great as the Japanese ones but they're not bad. *shrug*
Couple days late here, but I like them as well. Watched the whole series in English and loved it. Steve Blum is great.

IrishNinja

Jaroof getting namedropped, nice!

bob42jh - just wanted to say that CCR releases have been an absolute highlight of this thread, there's a lotta quality about but that name is up there for me with some of my hydeout favorites in terms of consistency. Here's to hoping you get approved over here at some point (if you're interested), any of us - including myself - would be happy to talk with you and share new release stuff up here.

Top Bottom