• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

1220068586-1.jpg

Nais Williams & Dfs - Inmersión Lp

free! and awesome!

checking out due to amazing cover.

Jaroof

Yessssssssss Galaxy Wars is my life right now, album is awesome.

Definitely one of my favorite tracks on there. Galaxy Wars is sooo good.
Bass is bumpiiiin'! :D
Intrepidity is also really awesome.. The sound kind of reminds me of some old RPG music.

Also, damn it. Apparently, I missed a livechat with senpai & witness while I was at work... -_-
Bob42jh messaged me. Oh well.

Edit: Apparently, they did an improv session, too. Here's the link for anyone interested.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/32268283

TCRS

Banned
I check his website every week lol. He will be featured in that new compilation album that bob42jh was talking about. Also waiting for something new by Maloon TheBoom. I love the Critical Mind EP.

neoism

Somewhat random, but I want something new from Tog'low. Mellow Feats and Goodnight Eskimo are classics.

Lost Chords Volume I: Moods

the best track on that album stone.mountain.wave.
yeah his third album was just solid, but the first two are GOD tier...

I want more insane tier like this though... listened to this song about 500+ times lol

Trog'low Borealis this song.. is soo good... ;_;.. I think I like GNE a little more than mellow feats but they are both amazing albums.

TCRS

Banned
Yeah, it's not as good as the first two, but still pretty good. I like the way he used the Joni Mitchell samples (Blue/Green and All Romantics).

Fjordson

Lost Chords Volume I: Moods

the best track on that album stone.mountain.wave.
yeah his third album was just solid, but the first two are GOD tier...

I want more insane tier like this though... listened to this song about 500+ times lol

Trog'low Borealis this song.. is soo good... ;_;.. I think I like GNE a little more than mellow feats but they are both amazing albums.
Yeah Lost Chords wasn't bad, but I didn't like it as much as Eskimo and Mellow Feats (and it says Lost Chords is all stuff from 2010 and 2011). Those two are so relaxed, I love 'em.

For some reasons both of those albums give off a sort of...outer space feel. I don't know how to describe it exactly. Maybe because GNE's cover has always looked like outer space to me (with Earth popping in at the lower left corner).

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
some time this summer I think I hope anyway... but its coming this year..
This has gotta be my most anticipated album ever since listening to Soul Below, can't fucking WAIT

man i have yet to hear a track from dude that i didn't love...his next album is easily one of my most anticipated releases
My man!! How Ljones isn't getting much more recognition in the world is beyond me

neoism

ITT: we circlejerk Joseph Jacobs (for good reason).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fk47lfspNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKSAOB1gBZU

What the FUCK is going on, here!? The shit doesn't stop with this guy! So much of his stuff reminds me of Samurai Champloo, and that's definitely a good thing.
most definitely very nice.. dude is boss... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AWiq8yKE6Fc#!
just bought that one album but it says its his second, can't find his first one..

nm found it http://rootsofsocietyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-early-hours

wow this kat is damn good.. his tube channel is gold. @_@
damn another album

Contemplations of Life
by Joseph Jacobs

@_@ woow
Just listened to this whilst watching the sunset after a beautiful summers day.

I know you guys can appreciate that :)

hell yeah man the feel is right :p <3

Are there any other artists that have a similar sound to Ljones? I listened to Soul Below for the first time a few days ago and it's been on repeat! It has that perfect "summer-driving-sunset-windows-down" vibe.

neoism

Are there any other artists that have a similar sound to Ljones? I listened to Soul Below for the first time a few days ago and it's been on repeat! It has that perfect "summer-driving-sunset-windows-down" vibe.

DJ Ezasscul4 bones for 40 tracks reallly good album one of the bests I bought last year.... not really though Ljones is just amazing I feel you though, totally amazing summer music, DJ E is a little be more jazzy, Ljones just has an amazingly unique sound... his YT channel has tracks that will probably be on his next album I posted them on this page...I really can't wait for it. :D
check out Joseph Jacobs posted above also definitely more mellow beats but amazing nonetheless

maxxpower

So I started listening to this kind of music like a year ago and it really inspired me to make some "hip hop" music of my own. My main influences are Nujabes, Nomak, Fat Jon, Pete Rock, Uyama Hiroto, Kondor, Boonie Mayfield, and Ljones.

I would greatly appreciate if you told me what you think of it(if it sucks ass and stuff) and any improvements I could make. If you want to, that is.

https://soundcloud.com/neptune_gravity/sets/hip-hop-demo

DJ Ezasscul4 bones for 40 tracks reallly good album one of the bests I bought last year.... not really though Ljones is just amazing I feel you though, totally amazing summer music, DJ E is a little be more jazzy, Ljones just has an amazingly unique sound... his YT channel has tracks that will probably be on his next album I posted them on this page...I really can't wait for it. :D
check out Joseph Jacobs posted above also definitely more mellow beats but amazing nonetheless

Awesome, thanks! I really hope he releases more stuff on his YT, there's some great stuff there already but not enough :(

IrishNinja

So I started listening to this kind of music like a year ago and it really inspired me to make some "hip hop" music of my own. My main influences are Nujabes, Nomak, Fat Jon, Pete Rock, Uyama Hiroto, Kondor, Boonie Mayfield, and Ljones.

I would greatly appreciate if you told me what you think of it(if it sucks ass and stuff) and any improvements I could make. If you want to, that is.

https://soundcloud.com/neptune_gravity/sets/hip-hop-demo

that uhm...that very much doesnt suck ass, man

i'm on track 2 so far, i know i've heard this one though, or at least riffs of it

Fjordson

Aren't many. Ljones is just so chill. Soul Below is definitely a personal classic.

I would second the Joseph Jacobs mention. Not exactly the same, but he has a similar vibe on some tracks.

JoeFu

Banned
Bad news :( Senpai record delayed until after Friends and Family 2 drops

Good news... NEW LJONES TRACK FROM F&F2 :D :D:D :D :D :D :D

oh snap, F&F2 is out this thursday...
Another track off the upcoming 'Friends & Family 2' album out THURSDAY. 40 Different artists, half instrumental half vocal. Free Download. Be sure to like the CCR fan page to be kept up to date with the release and any snippets we may drop ;)

one of bob's youtube comments on the ljones track

I just want to say to everyone who has been sharing the releases lately thank you on behalf of myself and the artists, just 1 extra person hearing the music matters, you all matter. It's because of you guys we can do big free releases like 'Friends & Family 2'.
PS - Shoutout to the Redditors / Neogaffers who hold us down.
Much love as&#65279; always, hope your all well. It's going to be a busy week =)
:D

Top Bottom