• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Jaroof

Bad news :( Senpai record delayed until after Friends and Family 2 drops

Good news... NEW LJONES TRACK FROM F&F2 :D :D:D :D :D :D :D

oh snap, F&F2 is out this thursday...

one of bob's youtube comments on the ljones track

:D

Ha yup.. I was gonna post this earlier, before I got to work, but you're too quick, Joe!! :p
Thursday is gonna be freakin' magical for me.
Bonobo concert + Friends & Family 2???
Maaan.. eargasms all around.

And Bob is badass.. Yeah, you, Bob! I know you see this!

On another note, new Kognitif:
Voodoo Spells

iavi

Ha yup.. I was gonna post this earlier, before I got to work, but you're too quick, Joe!! :p
Thursday is gonna be freakin' magical for me.
Bonobo concert + Friends & Family 2???
Maaan.. eargasms all around.

And Bob is badass.. Yeah, you, Bob! I know you see this!

On another note, new Kognitif:
Voodoo Spells

I saw Bonobo last Fri in SF. The set was fantastic. You're in for a time.

Jaroof

Thomas Prime just posted this on Facebook:

Ive got over 10 new tracks on Cult Classic Records "Friends & Family 2" and none of them are fillers. Thats better then some people can say about their whole album!

F&F2 out Friday.

Guess it got delayed another day?

And yeah, Qualia is fantastic.

Jaroof

But that's already saturday in europe.. :/

:(
Take it up with Bob! haha

Well, I just got back from the Bonobo show.
He had a band called El Ten Eleven open up for him.. and they were kinda... meh.
Didn't really set up Bonobo like I would've wanted. Their music was cool, but kinda.. redundant. I dunno. It was alright.

But Bonobo.. Oh man, Bonobo. He... actually they did badass. Live drummer, guitarists, saxophone & flute player... he had it all. Even had Szjerdene, the vocalist from his latest album, sing a few songs. And man, did she sing.
I also got a picture with her ^_^
485486_10152788398240104_989743563_n_zpse99e7e40.jpg
Oh, and the visuals were pretty nice, too. He had some panels behind him that displayed various scenery while the performers were bathed in smoke & light from above. It worked really well.

Though the pics I took don't really do the visuals justice.. -_- I was pretty far away.

Oh, and after the show was over, we saw Szjerdene standing in the front, so we went to chat with her for a minute, and that's when we took pictures. We looked around for Bonobo himself for a few minutes, then went outside and stood around waiting for him to come out.. and when he finally does, he just looks at us, nods, then goes straight to his trailer
-_-

Sooo.. yeah.
Overall, I liked Emancipator's show more. That said, this was a good show.

Fjordson

New Trog'low?? What the shit! Huge news.

me too I'll just go through it and delete them and make just a instrumental album..
Yeah, same here. I hate to talk bad about indie artists trying to get their name out there, but I'm usually not feeling any of the rappers on these bandcamp releases.

Lots of incredible producers on bandcamp, though, I have to say.

Edit: like forreal, these instrumentals on Friends & Family 2 are so dope. "Dat Jazz" by Nicholas Cheung is on repeat right now.

Jaroof

Really digging the Ghosts in the Machines track by Ljones.
The vocal sample sounds like something from NieR.

F&F2 drops, and Jaroof comes back from Bonobo with details/pics? today was a good day!

Tightness.

Edit: like forreal, these instrumentals on Friends & Family 2 are so dope. "Dat Jazz" by Nicholas Cheung is on repeat right now.

Yeah, I'm glad Nicholas Cheung is getting some recognition. He makes some badass music.

Edit:
Bob sent me a message on Facebook:
Hey man, hope your doing well. Just wanna thank you guys on the forum for spreading the music but most importantly being passionate in your discussions, i check the thread daily it's good to see people talking about music these days. I hope you all enjoy F&F2, the way it was made won't be to everyones taste but it's made so you can create your own album with the tracks, also i'm suprised that you guys being such big Kitty Wong fans didn't spot her feature on the album lol. All the best!

and added in
F&F2 was just a small thing compared to what's in store later this year ;)

neoism

dat trog'low track :D now I'm going to listen to the rest, thank you based bob42jh!

And as if that wasn't enough... NEW TROG'LOW ALBUM!!

http://troglow.bandcamp.com/

apparently released last month lolwut?

edit: there is another EP of his:
https://itunes.apple.com/ch/album/nocturne-bounce-ep/id524538795

Guess he doesn't release everything on bandcamp.
ibmwbllHNkT8BT.gif

Jesus tap dancing Christ... :O
holy shit its different and GOOD..

with this trog'low and CCR damn lol I'm still been listening to Joseph Jacobs non stop..
to much good music.

neoism

Really digging the Ghosts in the Machines track by Ljones.
The vocal sample sounds like something from NieR.

Tightness.

Yeah, I'm glad Nicholas Cheung is getting some recognition. He makes some badass music.

Edit:
Bob sent me a message on Facebook:

and added in

damn Bob is a boss.. thanks for making amazing music...

that new Trog'low EP @_@ is pure sex.. I looked at his bandcamp like less then a week ago... and it wasn't there, nice that its on itunes.. 5.94 for it is a great price..

iavi

dat trog'low track :D now I'm going to listen to the rest, thank you based bob42jh!

And as if that wasn't enough... NEW TROG'LOW ALBUM!!

This Trog'Low is so damn good. It's subdued as hell, but strong melodically, still. Love.

Huh. No wonder. Badass.

LJONES LIKES NIER?!?!?!
Respeck +1.

Edit: Okay, I just saw the posts where you guys were talking about him sampling NieR. Missed 'em up until now.

Yep. Respect +1 was my same reaction. Anybody appreciator of the Nier OST is alright in my book.

Jaroof

Huh, I don't know how I missed this:
Breezewax came out with an EP earlier this month.

Halo was the last track on it.

Edit:
Wax Triptych's out!

JoeFu

Banned
I haven't even listened to the whole album yet, just listened to evergreen.... Holy crap good stuff, so awesome to hear Kitty Wong again

JoeFu

Banned
K.. I think Evergreen is my favorite song on F&F2.

Really looking forward to TwoDaystoAlaska's album. I've liked every song he's done so far.

TCRS

Banned
Ok, finally managed to listen all of it. My god, what a compilation, the creme de la creme. I didn't mind the parts with lyrics, though I have to admit I wasn't always paying attetion. But really, this is so good.

edit: I just realised that I didn't listen to it in the correct order lol. I listened to the album alphabetically instead of according to title numbers. Oh well.

Only just discovered LJones Soul Below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnYK8YDYHwg

Wow!

Here is the whole album:

http://cultclassicrecords.bandcamp.com/album/soul-below

It's really good and free!

neoism

So someone at CCR got Kitty Wong to come out of her hole...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh-HE-Cjc4o

That's her on there as KW.

this fucking album man SOOOO damn good
Loving that Blazo track on Family and Friends 2!

yup heard that track last year and got me into him... minus the rapping tracks its a masterpiece... Beginnings is amazing..
Ok, finally managed to listen all of it. My god, what a compilation, the creme de la creme. I didn't mind the parts with lyrics, though I have to admit I wasn't always paying attetion. But really, this is so good.

edit: I just realised that I didn't listen to it in the correct order lol. I listened to the album alphabetically instead of according to title numbers. Oh well.

Here is the whole album:

http://cultclassicrecords.bandcamp.com/album/soul-below

It's really good and free!

Ljones and Joseph Jacobs are the closest thing to Nujabes vibe I've hear in a while... really hope Ljones gets his no hotness out in June or something

Jaroof

Oh. Fuck. Yeah.

blazo's facebook said:
Hey you all! I have to admit I wasn't into facebook at all. I prefer to spent time focusing inward and in nature.. Maybe it's time to change it and post a video from time to time.
Today, I wanted to share with you a great song from my close friends Dj Czarny and Tas featuring ozay Moore!
Please check it and have a good day!

P.S. For all the jazzy fans Colors of Jazz 2 is coming soon!

TCRS

Banned
Thanks bro. I take it he's a new artist and this is his first album? Any word on his future works?

Yeah, that's his first album. He keeps releasing singles every now and then. His latest:

http://www.youtube.com/user/battlecry/videos?view=

But no news on a new album afaik.

------

I just saw this on CCR, another 30 track release by Awon, Kameleon Beats and Thomas Prime:

http://cultclassicrecords.bandcamp.com/album/love-supersedes-ii-deluxe-edition (name your price)

CCR is on a roll!

JoeFu

Banned
I remember reading LJones was working in a new album. Also CCR has a Senpai album dropping soon, they are dropping bomb after bomb it's amazing.

Edit:reread his FB post and he just says new beats... Hope he does have a new album coming out this year

Top Bottom