• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
5 mins in this today and I'm already on JJ's dick as well, goddamn this thread is something out of heaven

Jaroof

New CCR!
Moderator's joined up with them!

Also, new Senpai.

Edit:
Oh, and I was listening to Blazo's "End of the World As We Know It" earlier this week... when I realized that I knew where he got the sample from.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3iCSnsBQs0

Motha f'in Hammock!!
I thought that was pretty cool that one big Bandcamp artist listens to another big Bandcamp group... and sampled them!

Edit2:
I was looking through Ljones' twitter, when I saw this:
https://twitter.com/jonesbelow/status/353517802600144896
As if I didn't love this dude enough already...

Young Magus

My trip to Shibuya was a success!

s0Iu11Frzl0lIdsF6DGo54aGD2cZsAmcVUEBNuCWkg=w276-h207-p-no

neoism

guys could someone please pm the link to those JJ tracks I cant find it I lost like 4k songs from my hdd dieing :*****************************************************************************(

soultron

Banned
Not sure if anyone's posted (Dec 2013 upload), but I just heard Madloops tonight for the first time... wow.

@ Jaroof: Moderator's great. Was listening to the album for a few days straight at work this week!

Jaroof

Not sure if anyone's posted (Dec 2013 upload), but I just heard Madloops tonight for the first time... wow.

@ Jaroof: Moderator's great. Was listening to the album for a few days straight at work this week!

I can dig it.

And yeah, Moderator's got some good shit. Check his other two albums out, too.

Oh, and there's a free Soulection(artists like Evil Needle, atu, Sango, Dpat, Ta-ku) compilation, for their 3 year anniversary.

I've been addicted to Dpat's Over for a while now. I love how the layers just stack up as the song progresses.

Edit: New. Kognitif.
Been waiting on this for a while. Creamy Story is just so good.

Edit2: Check out this Gramatik album.. It's pretty dope, and it's free!

Jaroof

New Uyama Hiroto drops on Valentine's Day with Segawa Tatsuya, who I assume is a new protégé.

adc2fb6e84d911e38ce00e4d3238112a_8.jpg

Sweeeet.. Last of Us DLC and this on the same day?? Can't wait..
Also, the website says this about Segawa:
Key Players Segawa Tatsuya that served as a front of live DJ nujabes in hydeout productions tour that took place over a period of half a year in 2006, together with Uyama Hiroto, etc., came to support the hydeout productions For a long time. As well Uyama Hiroto, which is also the allies in 2013, to release a single that launched a roph recordings in order to further sublimation of the will nujabes, made ​​his first at last.

Google translated it.

Jaroof

New Substantial coming in March!
Featuring some production from Marcus D and Haruka Nakamura... among others.
Click the image for the teaser on Soundcloud.

Oh, and I'm not sure if I shared this...
Introducing! Productions, which is a fairly new label, released a compilation album, featuring various artists from the label. It's pretty damn good.
Artists included are Blazo and Kenichiro Nishihara. I believe that Uyama Hiroto released a song on this label, as well.
Click below for the preview.

JoeFu

Banned
Almost halfway there for the Bop Alloy Kickstarter. I think it should make it. I don't follow music KS's at all so not sure how front-loaded/rear-loaded/dead in the middle they normally are.

Cerity

I hope evanawake/bakoda wants to go back to a slower sound soon, I can't really get into the funk/groove influence he's had on his last two releases. He had it bang on with Minowa.

Jaroof

Has anyone gone to see the Emancipator Ensemble yet?
Or does anyone have any plans to? I'd love to hear impressions, especially from those that have been to a past Emancipator show.

I've already purchased my ticket, but he doesn't come here until the 8th of May :/

Has anyone gone to see the Emancipator Ensemble yet?
Or does anyone have any plans to? I'd love to hear impressions, especially from those that have been to a past Emancipator show.

I've already purchased my ticket, but he doesn't come here until the 8th of May :/

was going to go, but it was really cold and snowing here so I didn't want to risk the hour drive there and back

neoism

Does anyone know where i can pick up physical copies of hydeouts/Jun's material in the US?

pretty sure their import only..

Also holy shiiit trog'low's nice album OMG I could listen to Highway forever.. lol had it on repeat all day long..

Jaroof

I've been checking out BeachesBeaches, the solo (precursor?) project of 1/2 of Odesza, and it has some really great stuff:

Two Weeks (Grizzly Bear remix)
Got Feel
comeon
I Know There Is An Answer (Beach Boys remix)
Sun Giant (Fleet Foxes remix)
Drive Slow

he put up a free download of all his stuff here

thanks again to whoever posted Odesza; I love their stuff

Oh shit, I didn't know they had solo stuff!
Checkin' that out ASAP. ODESZA is my jam. I would love to see them live.

Top Bottom