• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Jaroof

No problem!

damn. Realized I got the early cd option for the lone wolf album. I don't think I've gotten mine yet, wonder if anybody else has

Update on this - I asked Marcus D on FB when Kickstarter backers would receive their items...
Digital releases will be sent out on the release date, same with physical copies. But for those who ordered the early shipped copy, those went out today.

Ooh, new Bop Alloy track.

Cerity

Noooooooo

Longtime friend J. Moore and I are currently working on a EP which is officially the last Bakoda/Evan Awake release. I will go on a hiatus and start working on my producer skills in private.

For how long I don't know, definitely a few months. Maybe even a year or two. When "Evan Awake" was born I was a child, I still am haha. Unexperienced with no path in life. Bad decisions were made and things that seemed rock solid started to fade over the years. And that is ok.

You guys are so fucking great to allow my soul to speak to you. For the last days, weeks, months and years. Everyone of you is my motivation to go on and on and on and...

Now I want and need to evolve. That will take time. And when I return I'll hopefully be someone worthy your time.

This hiatus is for you guys.

PS: This won't affect the activity on the Pandanj Music channel of course.

TCRS

Banned
oh wow, I had totally forgotten about KuroiOto! Years ago I downloaded his 7 Days of the Breaks album (was free back then), it's brilliant. will listen to it later.

Jaroof

Just got my download code for Marcus D's Simply Complex!! :D
Yes!! Can't wait to hear it.

I'm still waiting on my Kickstarter items, though :/

Edit: Chillhop owner shared this with me. I like it.

does track 7 on the new marcus d album sample from a nujabes song? It sounds really familiar but not sure where

edit: mean track 11

Tokubetsu

Some of you might dig this:
http://andrewhenry.bandcamp.com/album/nothing-important-happened-today-2

SFejBfh.jpg

Cerity

Man I hope ljones comes around with something new soon. Listening to CCR's Friends & Family 2 and Ghosts in the machine is easily one of my favourite songs on there.

Jaroof

Man I hope ljones comes around with something new soon. Listening to CCR's Friends & Family 2 and Ghosts in the machine is easily one of my favourite songs on there.

Me too. It's been waaaay too long since he's released something. Also, Bob mentioned a few months back that Soul Below is still doing pretty well on Bandcamp. Much deserved.

I never got my Marcus D Simply Complex Kickstarter items.. but I found out that some of the items got shipped back to him, so he had to resend them. :/
For those that haven't received their items yet, he signed each copy to compensate. :D

Gonna have a signed Marcus D CD soon!

Fjordson

Me too man. Soul Below is a classic album (and free on the Cult Classic Records bandcamp for anyone who has never downloaded it).

I remember clicking on this topic way back before my account was even approved and that was the first album mentioned in here that I listened to. Probably still my favourite actually.

Me too. It's been waaaay too long since he's released something. Also, Bob mentioned a few months back that Soul Below is still doing pretty well on Bandcamp. Much deserved.

I never got my Marcus D Simply Complex Kickstarter items.. but I found out that some of the items got shipped back to him, so he had to resend them. :/
For those that haven't received their items yet, he signed each copy to compensate. :D

Gonna have a signed Marcus D CD soon!

good to hear

Jaroof

Been listening to L'Orange's Orchid Days recently.

http://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/the-orchid-days

Also check out Old Soul

http://lorangeproductions.com/album/old-soul

I know this sin't instrumentals, but I also found these people called cunninlynguists and they sound pretty good.

http://cunninlynguists.bandcamp.com/

Album is $7

If you just stumbled into Cunninlynguists, definitely check out Built to Fade, which is produced by Cunninlynguists' producer, Kno. I recommended it earlier in the thread.
It's fantastic.
www.builttofade.com

A little off-topic here but does anyone know if Hydeout or Shing02 officially released a version of Luv Sic Pt.4 w/ Emi Meyer?

There's a few youtube videos where they're playing live but no studio recorded versions

Jaroof

A little off-topic here but does anyone know if Hydeout or Shing02 officially released a version of Luv Sic Pt.4 w/ Emi Meyer?

There's a few youtube videos where they're playing live but no studio recorded versions

Not off-topic at all.. I'm sure anything Hydeout related is relevant to this thread. :D

I doubt they released an official version, if it's not on the official Hydeout website, though.

Top Bottom