• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazzpunk |OT| Everything's under control

I decided to go through it again to look for things I might have missed. Ended up getting the rest of the achievements I missed as well.

u5ssvew.jpg

Tried both of those

What worked for me was jump up from the diving board and fly over the fence behind it, landing in the grass.

Hmm, from the name I was expecting a 3D combo brawler with a Cowboy Bebop-esque soundtrack. Sadly that's not the case, but this does look somewhat interesting, and surprisingly high-quality for an Adult Swim game.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's a shame not enough people are talking about this game. They'll come around eventually.

Hmm, from the name I was expecting a 3D combo brawler with a Cowboy Bebop-esque soundtrack. Sadly that's not the case, but this does look somewhat interesting, and surprisingly high-quality for an Adult Swim game.
All adult swim games on steam are high quality and worth twice as much as what they're asking for them.

You must be confusing their Web games with this new publisher side of them.

All adult swim games on steam are high quality and worth twice as much as what they're asking for them.

You must be confusing their Web games with this new publisher side of them.

Yeah, my bad, I had only seen their Flash games. I'll have to check out the others on Steam, thanks for making me aware of them.

My new favorite game by far. So much content packed into 2 hours and it doesn't feel like nearly enough! The zany humor took me back to the first No One Lives Forever and into territories I never imagined it'd go. Truly one of the most memorable "games" I've played in general. Gah why couldn't it have been longer?! I've got nearly half a dozen things from that game stuck in my head. This is staying with me like TLoU did, but for obviously very different reasons. Really hope the devs flesh out this style into something longer maybe at least a 5 or 6 hour experience. This is indie at some of its best :)

Just finished this off, enjoyed my time with it but would find it hard to recommend to a lot of people. For a game so short the fact I came across three or four game breaking bugs that made me have to restart the level was really frustrating.

Still really fun though, the Power Rangers reference got me though more than any of the others.
After ten thousand years, I'm free and its time to conquer earth.

Wedding Qake infuriates me.
I can't win a round. EVERYONE ELSE IS AIMHACKING GODDAMMIT

I love Wedding Qake and hate Wedding Qake

daydream

Banned
^Rose Launcher is OP

So, what did you guys think about the moment where you
leave the resort and go into the computer or whatever. For me, it totally came out of left field, both with the crazy look and the narrative implications.

That part is also the reason why I have mixed feelings about the final stretch.
I guess I expected something else after that matrix sequence. The point of that was to kinda "step out of the world", no? I felt like that was the setup, escape this dream prison you're in. I was expecting a huge twist, but then it just went back to the spy spoof. Some squandered potential there, imo

On the other hand, the
70s-style apartment with Rossini playing in the background was pretty awesome. Had a good laugh at "no tricks, Polyblank" and then the cut to you in the elevator disguised as an exterminator. Classic movie shenanigans right there.

Etnos

Banned
Played 3 hours early this Morning, so far very impress with it. Making this weird and ridiculous to be consistent with a internal logic speak of smart developers.

I thought I knew what to expect when I started this up last night, but what I didn't expect was for this to be one of the rare games with a low enough FOV to give me a slight headache. I wouldn't even say it was The Darkness 2 bad, and yet, it happened during both sittings.

Outside of that little issue, I enjoyed it a lot. It was the Airplane!-esque game that I never knew I wanted in all of its absurd and pun-filled ways. The many Hunter S. Thompson appearances had me rolling every time.

Can someone recommend some other great spy spoof games aside from nolf? There's something about this genre that's so much fun. Adult swim should tackle a venture bros game next :)

Or for that matter, a game that has a wacky random sense of humor similar to jazzpunk's. Can be any genre really but something that has that level of unpredictability and out of left fieldness JP has.

After watching about the first 10 minutes of the Giant Bomb quick look I have been eagerly anticipating playing this game after having a drink or two... I have no fucking idea what's going on. Just stepped foot into the
Russian consolate
. This game is pretty great. The robotic lady of the night cracked me up with her ".RAR" line.

daydream

Banned
Can someone recommend some other great spy spoof games aside from nolf? There's something about this genre that's so much fun. Adult swim should tackle a venture bros game next :)

Or for that matter, a game that has a wacky random sense of humor similar to jazzpunk's. Can be any genre really but something that has that level of unpredictability and out of left fieldness JP has.

Have you played the Blendo games? If not, you should get right on that. Gravity Bone is free. If you like that one you should strongly consider following it up with Thirty Flights of Loving.

Saw the QL really want to buy it

How long is the game

Most people are saying 2-3 hours; I ended up at 5 hours due to massive wandering around and doing goofy stuff (More than a couple of
Wedding Qake and Virtual Boy tennis matches
) It was all wonderful, and I'm going to play it again immediately to check out the stuff I missed.

daydream

Banned
Saw the QL really want to buy it

How long is the game

It took me and others (from this thread and outside of GAF) ~3 hours to finish it. Exploring is a must, as otherwise you will miss out on some of the best jokes. The characters also have a lot of VA, some of them with 10+ lines to click through.

So yeah, go for it, take your time. The game does not overstay its welcome which is a virtue in my book.

mclem

Finished!

That is quite possibly the most batshit insane gaming experience I've had in a while. I liked it, but it was with an amused grin rather than belly laughs for much of it.

There's quite a few spelling mistakes, which bothered me a little (when they didn't make thematic sense, anyway), and the end credits didn't seem to note some of my earlier actions (Possibly it doesn't reload them correctly?)

Finished!

That is quite possibly the most batshit insane gaming experience I've had in a while. I liked it, but it was with an amused grin rather than belly laughs for much of it.

There's quite a few spelling mistakes, which bothered me a little (when they didn't make thematic sense, anyway), and the end credits didn't seem to note some of my earlier actions (Possibly it doesn't reload them correctly?)

I think any spelling mistakes you think you noticed were just nerdy tech puns - there are tons - or times when the dialogue was straight up different from the text, which I'm fairly sure was on purpose.

mclem

I think any spelling mistakes you think you noticed were just nerdy tech puns - there are tons - or times when the dialogue was straight up different from the text, which I'm fairly sure was on purpose.

No, really, I know my nerdy tech puns :)

Of course, I can't remember any right now other than "athiestmode" in the console.

Uff duh

Banned
I picked it up on launch day messed around for a bit, really like it. I not playing it thou cause I seem to have some stutter issues at the moment. Changed my pre rendered frames and various other things to fix it but to no avail. Posted in the tech support thread on steam along with a few other people with the same problem. So waiting on a fix of some sort to dive in but boy I cant wait, So if any of you have any ideas I would love to hear them I have the next 3 days off and would love to get some time in on this.

mrblippy

Neo Member
I picked it up on launch day messed around for a bit, really like it. I not playing it thou cause I seem to have some stutter issues at the moment. Changed my pre rendered frames and various other things to fix it but to no avail. Posted in the tech support thread on steam along with a few other people with the same problem. So waiting on a fix of some sort to dive in but boy I cant wait, So if any of you have any ideas I would love to hear them I have the next 3 days off and would love to get some time in on this.
Glad I'm not the only one having this issue.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That
Quake 3 Arena, Wedding Qake
parody was too spot on :|.

I noticed the Scottish tiki hotel owner was studying for her coronor's degree. Either that's a really obscure pun or it's a spelling mistake.

Also I think I'm in love with Scottish tiki hotel owner.
SCOTLAND!

mclem

I noticed the Scottish tiki hotel owner was studying for her coronor's degree. Either that's a really obscure pun or it's a spelling mistake.

Also I think I'm in love with Scottish tiki hotel owner.
SCOTLAND!

Another one of the attendants around the hotel would randomly yell
SPORRAN

r3n4ud

You folks are going to make me buy this today, aren't you. I've been hoarding my hard earned card money for a snowy day, and I think today is the day!

chris121580

I'm loving the start of this game but I have a problem with it continually freezing in the start of the second level with the koi pond. I try to get off the bench and it freezes my entire computer. Maybe I should try turning the settings down?

daydream

Banned
I'm loving the start of this game but I have a problem with it continually freezing in the start of the second level with the koi pond. I try to get off the bench and it freezes my entire computer. Maybe I should try turning the settings down?

Hmm, you're not supposed to stand up. Just toss some bread crumbs into the pond (unless that's what you were trying to do, then I have no idea, sorry).

Finished it under 3 hours. Had a pretty good time with it. Somewhat a nostalgia ride too. Definitely recommended if you're looking for some satire gold.

Top Bottom