• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jennifer Lawrence On Her X-MEN Future: 'Fox Should Be Terrified'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Her allegiances always change in the books -- but ultimately self-serving -- so it's not entirely unbelievable that she's 'good' in the movies.

The X-Men prequels suffered from narrative and pacing problems from the beginning. I'd imagine that JLaw, Fassbender, or even McAvoy would be more effective given better direction and scripts.

True but my point was of the 3 it's obvious JLaw tries the least, and I mean clearly tries the least. It was slightly apparant in first class (but that was likely due to being a relative novice at the time) but it became more and more apparant as these movies have gone on. She's a good actor but it's obvious she doesn't even want to be there.

Sure. I would take a movie without those three if they actually did a film about the X-Men.
Yeah, a weird aspect of the new Xmen trilogy. The actual Xmen aren't memorable and the 3 main characters (that are threatening to leave) don't achieve what they did in the original trilogy.
Only so many times you can do the same exact arc with Magneto and Xavier.

So Fox should be terrified that they could stand to lose the actress for the character who is a Mutant that can change her appearance?

I mean yeah I get it but, it's a little funny too.

The marketing for these movies putting her front and center like she's actually an important character cracks me up

I saw a Facebook ad for future pas that said "join Jennifer Lawrence and the X men cast"

Metalmarc

She can be replaced, in fact we can go Xforce, and more Deadpool, we dont need a Fourth back in Time X-Men Film fuck it.

If we have to, we can go with a proper X-Men 4, new timeline, also replace Singer now.

Fassbender will probably be busy with Assassins creed Sequels and the Prometheus Sequel, and we can just go back to Patrick Stewart.

jiggle

Finally, an xmen movie that can focus on all the members wolverine
Not another magneto turns bad while Xavier fellates him storyline
And no more D-list mystique

Dreams do come true

Hatty

How about they try to make an X-men movie without relying on Mystique, Xavier, and Magneto?

edit: scratch that, I still want Xavier, especially McAvoy's Xavier. The other two can bounce though.

I'd love if they focused on a smaller team of obscure characters with weirdly specific powers that were used creatively

Retsudo

Good. Regardless of her talent as an actress, or lack thereof depending on whom you ask, she just does not do the character justice.
And hopefully FOX, keeps Magneto on hold aswell for a couple more films.

So many characters to chose from, and rehashing the same over and over again, is just lazy.

Hagi

Haha. She really believes that people care for her character. That somehow she blew up the franchise. Holy shit.

Fox care about her character which is why she's been the centrepiece of the last two films. If she bounces I think a few drops of pee might come out especially seeing how Apocalypse might not fare too well.

tumblr_mdgrakqjeK1qlvie8o5_500.gif
LOL

Girl bye.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't dislike her, hell, I actually like her but that's a pretty shitty thing to say publicly.

lmao, McAvoy will be back and he's the only one they REALLY need (Magneto needs to be put on the shelf for, at least, a movie!). They finally dig into their huge-ass stash of other characters. Like, for instance, Mr. Sinister... now that they've rebooted Scott & Jean... and then there is The Shadow King, or Sauron & Savage Land, Phoenix & The Imperial Guard. The X-Universe is freaking HUGE.

the lesson these actors should learn from Guardians of the Galaxy & Deadpool's success is that they are VERY expendable.

Jennifer better get it together.

K1Tin4O.gif
Please save Sauron for Spider-Man.

1ghlol.jpg

ZoddGutts

lmao, McAvoy will be back and he's the only one they REALLY need (Magneto needs to be put on the shelf for, at least, a movie!). They finally dig into their huge-ass stash of other characters. Like, for instance, Mr. Sinister... now that they've rebooted Scott & Jean... and then there is The Shadow King, or Sauron & Savage Land, Phoenix & The Imperial Guard. The X-Universe is freaking HUGE.

the lesson these actors should learn from Guardians of the Galaxy & Deadpool's success is that they are VERY expendable.

Jennifer better get it together.

K1Tin4O.gif

Thank god for the success of Deadpool, really hope they give the crew a bigger list of Mutants that they can use for the sequel and be used properly like how Colossus finally was.

What Fox Will Do:

They'll sweeten the pot for McAvoy and bump him over to New Mutants where he films for like 3 weeks tops spouting platitudes from a wheelchair in the 80s.

By the time we rejoin the regular X-Men in the 90s, They'll handwave Mystique being gone and simply have Scott and Storm lead the team.

Magneto just fucks off somewhere. Asteroid M or something. Watches TV. Ignores Quicksilver.

I just wanna know why she took the role if she was gonna complain about the body paint.

Like you know Mystique is a 6+ hour makeup process...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't have a problem with Lawrence as Mystique, even though, truth told, they've botched her implementation since the very first X-Men movie, and I don't see Lawrence's portrayal as being somehow worse. I love Rebecca Romijn, but the Mystique seen in all of the X-Men movies sucks.

With that said, I think we need an X-Men movie that doesn't feature her or Magneto. Time to broaden the universe, and let the crew of Cyclops, Jean, and Storm get some attention, and a new, interesting bad guy and story line. I imagine we'll probably get a Dark Phoenix Saga, ideally done properly this time.

I can't see McAvoy turning down a nice paycheck of offered. I love Fassbender as Magneto, and he's one of the draws, but he's been in every movie now, and it's time to shelve him, then let him have a badass comeback in the third or fourth movie in this series.

I haven't seen Apocalypse yet, but I'll try to in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom