• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jennifer Lawrence On Her X-MEN Future: 'Fox Should Be Terrified'

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

Thank god for the success of Deadpool, really hope they give the crew a bigger list of Mutants that they can use for the sequel and be used properly like how Colossus finally was.

well, we were promised Cable, so that better happen!
GlV35T4.png

brawly

Give it back to Marvel!
semi-joke

I seriously doubt McAvoy would leave and while Fassbender gets more work he's not exactly DiCaprio when it comes to picking roles.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Imo. None of the xmen except maybe Jackman are essential. Not one characters is Robert Downey as stark or evans as Cap.

Change the actors. Who cares.

Mystique?? Who cares.

They are all rhodey tier.

Heck even Hulk changed and no one cared.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't have a problem with Mystique, but I've never understood why Fox features her so prominently and seems to think she's on or close to the same level as Charles and Magneto. I bet the box office would be the same whether she were featured or a different cool mutant were featured.

riotous

Banned
I don't have a problem with Mystique, but I've never understood why Fox features her so prominently and seems to think she's on or close to the same level as Charles and Magneto. I bet the box office would be the same whether she were featured or a different cool mutant were featured.

Because JLaw was the biggest up and coming actress in Hollywood when they signed her up.

- Get different actress
- "Whoa, Mystique, you look different"
- "Haha, like I haven't heard that one before"

Boom, done. Send me a check, Fox.

jiggle

Oscar winning lead actress from the hit franchise The hunger games

It's Magneto I will never understand

I don't like any of them. X-Men is much bigger than the actors that play it.
In the context of the movies
Most of them were treated no bigger than background furnitures :p

Ivan 3414

Pretty obvious just reading the first page that people just read the topic title and not even the OP's bolded section, let alone the article.

I don't have a problem with Mystique, but I've never understood why Fox features her so prominently

It all goes back to First Class. Once you set the character up as Charles' sister and Magneto's soulmate, there's no way you're extricating her from the rest of the series.

I dont' think Fox mandated that (wouldn't make sense that was the case, either, Fox doesn't really give a shit about which mutants get used how) I think it's just how Vaughn/Goldman broke that story. Hell, I bet they landed on her as that character simply because of how Singer used her in the first three movies.

Lawrence blowing up as a star after the fact just made it all the easier to continue along that path.

teiresias

How one signs up for a role like Mystique and then complains about the makeup requirements is beyond me, particularly given how I don't think she's in the blue form anywhere near as much as Rebecca was in the first three films. It's not like she's in a TV role as an alien having to do the makeup for years on end for 16 hour days.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LMAO. Yeah, I doubt McAvoy will leave. Fassbender is a toss-up, but I doubt he'll leave either.

Because she can turn into anyone and is Magneto's "right hand" in some regards. They can cast literally any actress for the role without having to put her in blue paint. Jennifer is just pissed because she has to spend 4-5 hours in a chair getting painted for some scenes.
Toxicity of the paint notwithstanding

How one signs up for a role like Mystique and then complains about the makeup requirements is beyond me

If I remember correctly the complaints came from the realization midway through shooting that they never needed to do it the way they had been doing it and were wasting a lot of time and effort.

I remember Nimoy complaining about the ears quite a bit, too.

Volimar

How one signs up for a role like Mystique and then complains about the makeup requirements is beyond me, particularly given how I don't think she's in the blue form anywhere near as much as Rebecca was in the first three films. It's not like she's in a TV role as an alien having to do the makeup for years on end for 16 hour days.

She probably thought it'd be a more streamlined process by now.

Pein

Banned
cool, fuck off please. Mystique is worst thing about these movies, I love fassbender and mcavoy though.

well i'm pretty damn certain mcavoy/fassbender are contingent on each other. maybe lawrence squeezed into that pact as well who knows.

I doubt Fox is terrified. The meat that sits in front of the camera and babbles can easily be replaced with fresher younger meat. They don't need Fassbender, McAvoy or Lawrence.

Jigorath

Banned
"Fox should be terrified because the deal we made was like if one of us doesn’t come back, none of us are.”

lol

Nobody's going to honor that.

McCavoy will be back for sure. What else does he have going on.

Probably Fassbender as well.

Cuburt

That's cool.Get rid of them all and reboot the franchise.

I don't even really believe this pact is as serious as she makes it sound, but I do hope it's true. She practically has one foot out the door and by this point, I bet the other 2 are more of the mindset where they could take it or leave it, and hopefully they just leave it.

Garlador

How many movies have they had Mystique in?

And then I remember the version of Mystique that I grew up reading. How complicated a villain she was, how bitter and ruthless and resourceful at first, where you thought there was no good in her... and then discovering all those parts of her past that shaped her ideology. Her love for Destiny. Her self-loathing over abandoning Nightcrawler. Her maternal love for Rogue. Her repeated attempts to manipulate and sometimes reform, never being sure which was which. Her misery over murdering her own anti-mutant son. How so many of her actions were attempts to alter a future of misery and despair, to the point where she played the villain and pushed everyone away and isolated herself to minimize the pain.

Selfish, loving, cruel, scared, devoted, manipulative, confused, controlling, broken, strong... when I think about just how complicated and complex she could and should be, to be a character defined by SO much more than just her blue-skin, and to see the movies regress her traits down so much and strip away so much complexity from her... it's been beyond frustrating. She's one of Marvel's most intriguing villains ever, and despite having such a prominent role in all the films, they've merely scratched the surface.

dabig2

No one is watching these movies for sometimes blue Katniss. I know she thinks she probably has leverage, but she really doesn't.

A-V-B

Those multiple images of J-Law are freaking my brain out. Holy shit.

That should be some kind of villain in an episode of Doctor Who. A face that is comprised of thousands of images from different times and places, of the same person. Imagine the mind-altering wackiness of seeing that person talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom