• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

LaneDS

Will scoop for PS3 and possibly double dip (well, triple or quadruple dip) on the Vita one next month too.

Mostly just want to play it loudly through my TV & receiver, and hoping that we see JSRF not long from now too (love them both).

Tain

Nice OT, getting me pumped.

Loved this game so much in 2000. Kogane-cho was probably always my favorite. Benten and Shibuya were great, of course, but Kogane sticks out the most in my memory with the orange sky and rooftops and everything. Such a beautiful game, Rez be damned when it comes to first-party Dreamcast aesthetic tours de force.

thread is giving me some seriously heavy nostalgia, jesus

Tizoc

Day 1~
Thought it was coming this week but seems it was for Plus members only, no biggy, still getting it once US Store updates X3

HYPE

iU6aLVfT6xfTI.gif

Vitacat

I'm in for Vita and probably XB360 versions.

I wonder... if this sells well, any chance at all for a NEW JGR title in the future?! Or at least maybe an HD remake of Future? Not a big Future fan, but it was OK.

Yeah. Dreamcast is like gaming generation 5.5 for me. If anyone in here joined gaming from PS2 or later... I feel so bad for you.

Eh... I dunno. I started gaming with Pong, Space Invaders and Atari 2600. It was all good, but nostalgia aside, gaming in the PS2 era was pretty damn fantastic. The kids may not have the perspective we do, but they have plenty of great games.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So is it 60 fps or not? Still great regardless but I really want to see an upgrade in performance.

Blizzard

Banned
I have never played any of the Jet Set Radio games before, and I will be getting this on Steam. It looks silly fun. :D

dreamfall

I think I'm waiting for Steam and Vita. Why did the PSN version get less trophies? It's slightly bewildering, but the game is too good to pass on any system.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Cube fo' life.

Dudes who never played this before have no idea what they've been missing.

Baron

Oh, man - I just googled which song Yappie Feet was - and it's one of my faves. Hopefully it'll be easy to play it via custom soundtracks, on PS3 or 360.

Here is a link to the song on Amazon for those who want to complete their experience.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
In for the PC version on day 1. Hopefully, it lives up. And I want that music to be as uncompressed as Sega can stand to make it.

Sucks to lose a song, but there's so much about this port that more than makes up for it.

Somewhat conflicted...

I LOVE this game (have the Dreamcast original) but I suck at it.

Still, might get it to see the beauty and encourage Sega to keep doing this kind of thing.

Reclaimer

Excited!

Definitely picking up the Vita version.

I wanted to get a console version as well... Was thinking 360 since I prefer that controller. However, do the saves transfer from Vita to PS3? I know that I have to purchase the games separately, but do the saves work?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I might just sign up for ps+ to get this tomorrow, then buy it again when the iOs version comes out. Jet Set Radio on my ipad would be glorious.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

Oh wow this...

Visually, the HD take on Jet Set Radio looks fantastic. Frame rates can reach 60 FPS under the right conditions and everything looks super sharp

...sounds really bad.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
No Birthday Cake?!

That was from JSRF.

Awwwww yeaaahhhhh!!!
Hope the controls are better than they were on Dreamcast

I'd imagine you don't have to map "spray" and "reset camera" to the same button anymore, so it practically has to be an improvement.

It's actually going to be jarring to not have the camera freak the fuck out when you spraypaint something.

Top Bottom