• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

My complaint about this is that it was teased in march as a summer release, and it's not fucking summer anymore.

The soundtrack's preorder page on iTunes lists a few JSRF tracks. Guess those will be in the game? :)

some of the tracks in jsrf are
inferior
remixes of JSR tracks.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
My complaint about this is that it was teased in march as a summer release, and it's not fucking summer anymore.

some of the tracks in jsrf are
inferior
remixes of JSR tracks.

Why spoiler an objective fact that nobody can disagree with (as it is a fact) or be legitimately offended by (because it is true)?

Tizoc

Does it really matter?
In the hearts of those who played it on the DC and are reliving/replaying the PSN/XBL release it will always be *checks original DC release date on Wikipedia* Autumn~

Kyon

Banned
Will JSRF players love this game? I saw trailers and the graffiti mechanic is way different lol

What are the differences between them?

Empty

Will JSRF players love this game? I saw trailers and the graffiti mechanic is way different lol

What are the differences between them?

they're different and some people really like one and dislike the other though plenty are into both. jsr is more arcade focused in its design. you have a time limit and you're mostly trying to maximize your score by going through the level as quickly as possible while avoiding enemies and comboing the the graffiti tags, instead of exploring larger environments at your own pace. if you like the visual style, personality and flow of skating from future you'll probably like the original but if you enjoy the more relaxed pace and vertical platforming emphasis of the sequel most then maybe not.

Kyon

Banned
they're different and some people really like one and dislike the other though plenty are into both. jsr is more arcade focused in its design. you have a time limit and you're mostly trying to maximize your score by going through the level as quickly as possible while avoiding enemies and comboing the the graffiti tags, instead of exploring larger environments at your own pace. if you like the visual style, personality and flow of skating from future you'll probably like the original but if you enjoy the more relaxed pace and vertical platforming emphasis of the sequel most then maybe not.

ohh ok thanks! :eek: I was already buying it but just wanted to see what was different. I cant wait!

Lucent

Yeah I prefer JSRF in that I can go at my own pace and stuff. And the controls were easier. But I want to give this a better shot than I did before.

'Up-Set Attack' was always my favourite track, closely followed by 'Sweet Soul Brother'. Sad as hell not to see 'Yappie Feet' included, but a single omission isn't much to complain about.

Rokal

never played this in my life what can you compare this game to?

There really isn't anything comparable. It remains one of most unique games I've ever played.

I'm pumped for this re-release. I can't believe how much of the original soundtrack they got!

Seik

Banned
Back from job!

Aw man, I'm listening to the soundtrack again. Stuff is unique.

Just to give an idea, I usually listen to metal, but this stuff grabs me by the balls, Hideki Naganuma brings me back in time. I played so much JSR/JSRF, so much. D:

Grace and Glory
Let Mom Sleep
That's Enough
Motherfuckin' Sneakman

HYPE!!!

ajHjB.gif

Muffdraul

So is it confirmed Tab is still called Tab in the NA/EU version? Since they changed the title if the game back to its original JP title, I figured they'd go back to his original name.

Where do you see God?

Go to goodwill or something and try to find a dreamcast and this for cheap. You won't be disappointed

Just asking a question, its coming to psn why would I go to goodwill bro?

There really isn't anything comparable. It remains one of most unique games I've ever played.

I'm pumped for this re-release. I can't believe how much of the original soundtrack they got!

thx

Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future have the best soundtracks of any games, ever.

Even if you enjoy the music of other games more, the soundtracks to these two completely step outside the boundaries of "videogame music", and can be enjoyed by pretty much anybody. The JSR/JSRF soundtracks are capable of immediately silencing people who look down on videogame music in general.

Blueblur1

Damn, I thought this was coming out tomorrow (for XBLM). :(

Edit: Nice OP, by the way. Also, the video preview images work as decent avatars. Not bad.

Never played this. Probably gonna opt for the Vita version! After playing The World Ends With You so much I'm in a music mood with games. Maybe I should pick up sound shapes?

The soundtrack's preorder page on iTunes lists a few JSRF tracks. Guess those will be in the game? :)

The first achievement listed is "Back to the future (10g) - Unlock all songs in the bonus menu" The icon for it is the Jet Set Radio Future logo. So I'd say it's very likely, yes.

Ein Bear

PSN games need that 2x trophy amount upgrade XBLA games got a few months ago.

Come on, Sony.

I don't think there ever was any similar limit on PSN games to begin with. Devs are just pretty lazy when it comes to this sort of stuff and could never be bothered to add extra trophies just for the PS3 versions.

I'm guessing what happened with JSR is that they did all the achievements/trophies before the XBLA update came out, which meant they had to go back and add some extras for the 360. Since they didn't have to do the same for PS3, they just left it.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Will get on PSN. I went on a classic game buying frenzy on PSN last night. One more wouldn't hurt, right?

Fox the Sly

I've been holding off replaying this again on the nullDC emulator. Losing my damned saves made it easier too. This was a must-have on the Dreamcast!

PC for me!

Top Bottom