• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

Chinner

Banned
we got any information on the iOS version? unless they're completely overhauling the controls i could imagine it being quite messy. not completely convinced if iOS is the right system for this, but i'm happy to be proven wrong.

omgkitty

I'd imagine you don't have to map "spray" and "reset camera" to the same button anymore, so it practically has to be an improvement.

It's actually going to be jarring to not have the camera freak the fuck out when you spraypaint something.

As long as they have it where I can actually move the camera with the right stick, I'll be happy. I to this day still have to sit and stare at the Dreamcast controller for a few minutes to figure out how in the hell I'm supposed to play JSR. I loved the hell out of JSRF though.

Looked pretty smooth at PAX but I can't say for sure.

Maybe this was already answered, but the version on display at PAX was certainly under 60fps. Really obvious as it was next to the 60 fps Sonic Adventure 2.

After thinking about it, the framerate looks to be about the same as the original Dreamcast game if I remember correctly.

Being able to map the camera controls to a second stick would make this game less frustrating to play. Though I can get used to the original controls quickly enough, it's jarring to go back-and-forth between control schemes, classic and modern.

I'll probably get this on everything eventually. Man it sucked when it came out back on Dreamcast and Gamestop or EB jacked the price to $55. I can't remember who. bastards
Anyways can't wait to download tomorrow

Maybe this was already answered, but the version on display at PAX was certainly under 60fps. Really obvious as it was next to the 60 fps Sonic Adventure 2.

After thinking about it, the framerate looks to be about the same as the original Dreamcast game if I remember correctly.

I suspect the reason this game likely didn't receive a framerate boost to 60fps is because the game logic is tied to the framerate - if you doubled the framerate, the game would move at twice the speed. Though I suppose they could have fixed that during porting, it would have taken a lot of effort.

Still, can't wait for this!

I suspect the reason this game likely didn't receive a framerate boost to 60fps is because the game logic is tied to the framerate - if you doubled the framerate, the game would move at twice the speed. Though I suppose they could have fixed that during porting, it would have taken a lot of effort.

Still, can't wait for this!

I'm betting that you're right. I'm still holding out hope that the PC version might be smoother.

Zeranium

Probably gonna be double dipping for PSN and XBLA.
...and figures my PS+ would run out just a few days before this drops.

Although I have PS+, holding out for the Steam version (just because it'll very very likely let me run it at 1920x1080, and at higher than 30FPS to boot). I also know my sister is going to go gaga for the XBLA version...

gwarm01

I'm so excited to play through this again. It's been nearly 8 years since I last played it and it's still one of my favorite games of all time. Too bad my stinkin' Dreamcast disc doesn't work anymore. I still have Future, but it just isn't the same.

moozoom

I've gotta switch my full-to-the-brim 60go PS3 Hdd before I can download that, but I'll certainly get it.

I just wish they had updated some of the background textures, and the graffiti to a higher res... maybe somebody will make a hi-res pack on PC ? The graffiti designs are so good, it's a shame to see them blurry and / or pixellated.

I wonder how it will control on IOS (probably not very good, except the painting mechanic which lends itself well to gestures)

Loudninja

Exclusive Early Access for PlayStation Plus Members and 10% off (Regular Price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $8.99)
SEGA’s new release of the classic Dreamcast title is hitting PlayStation Plus users first! Get it a week before anyone else, and play all the levels while listening to those classic JSR phat beatz (complete with the original world-wide soundtrack) that made this title a true original. This time, of course, you get it with full Trophy support, sharp HD visuals, and you’ll be the first to play it on current-gen consoles.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...and-scott-pilgrim-early-jet-set-radio-access/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If it's 30fps the community might figure out how to patch that on PC, you never know. As for controls, the simple comfort boost in going from DC to 360 controller will be massive.

Muffdraul

If I can get confirmation that it can be forced to upscale to 1080p on PS3 then I'll grab it on PS+. I know that's unlikely. Otherwise I'll wait for the XBLA release. Really sucks being a Bravia owner sometimes...

Top Bottom