• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jill Stein Launches Fundraising Effort To Ask For A Recount In 3 States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayon

At this point, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to discover that Russia had:

1) Supported Trump
2) Flooded voting machines with false votes in order to get Trump a win
3) Paid Stein to push for a recount that reveals the false votes and loses Trump his win
4) Encourage Republicans to impeach Clinton over EMAILS
5) Revel in the political instability

If that's all true then he deserves the win. I'm not even mad.

Galafar

Neo Member
New Theory:

The election is rigged -- Trump and Jill Stein are in cahoots in the recount and he can lose this presidency that he doesn't even want with his pride still intact.

danm999

The point we are trying to establish is if Jill Stein endorsed Trump over Clinton.

Actually the point in contention was who she said she wanted to win. By saying Clinton was the scarier and likely to drag the United States into a nuclear war with Russia, you can see the game she was playing.

I actually don't believe she wanted to see Trump win honestly, as I said earlier in the thread she probably assumed like many of us Clinton would win easily, was trying to siphon off left of centre voters, and misjudged the outcome.

GusBus

This is actually happening, assuming Stein keeps her word. Implications tbd, but I'm stunned by how fast she's raised the money.

Enosh

Wrong, they will do a recount if someone with standing pays for one.
eh the PA one is apparently a bit more complicated

also I don't get the logic behind this, if voter fraud is possible, what's to stop Trump from claiming it was the recount that was rigged not the first vote?

Zapages

eh the PA one is apparently a bit more complicated

also I don't get the logic behind this, if voter fraud is possible, what's to stop Trump from claiming it was the recount that was rigged not the first vote?

New Elections and one more year of Obama. :)

This is actually happening, assuming Stein keeps her word. Implications tbd, but I'm stunned by how fast she's raised the money.

I don't know how I feel about this. God help us if somehow Stein triggers a recount and fraud is found in favor of Trump or the recount flips all three states to Clinton. We legit will have nutbars shooting up the streets.

I don't know how I feel about this. God help us if somehow Stein triggers a recount and fraud is found in favor of Trump or the recount flips all three states to Clinton. We legit will have nutbars shooting up the streets.

To be fair, I don't think it would be as terrible as faithless electors.

Just imagine the recount flips the three states to Clinton.
Do we think Trump is going to concede? It's going to be messy.

What if they find tampering in one or two of those states? What ramifications does that have on the election and the validity of the other state elections?

To be fair, I don't think it would be as terrible as faithless electors.

Maybe, but that's not exactly a comp that settles my unease. Having your house burn down is better than having your house burn down with you trapped in the flames, but yeah, your house still burned down in the end.

Lomax

Could someone explain to me how giving money to Jill Stein's kickstarter fundraiser leads to recounts?

Like.. there's no way election officials just recount if someone give them enough money, right?

Anyone in the election can request a recount, they just have to pay for it. Doing a recount takes a lot of time and resources. In most states it will cost those election officials their holidays in addition to many hours of overtime. That's not something they're going to just do for free.

Source: my father is an election official in Virginia.

Torokil

Just lmao if you waste a penny on this. Shades of Bernie asking for money right after the Cali primary.

They did the same thing back in 2004 fyi. Similar scare tactics as well.

Elandyll

Banned
What happens if the recount shows more votes for trump?
That would be the expectation, with a slight possible difference.

If the recount were to show more votes for Clinton, indicating massive scale fraud in 1 state (or more) organized by either a foreign power, or more likely the Gop and the Trump campaign, that's when you would want to hold onto your buttocks.

Such a revelation would tear this country appart like we can't even imagine.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That would be the expectation, with a slight possible difference.

If the recount were to show more votes for Clinton, indicating massive scale fraud in 1 state (or more) organized by either a foreign power, or more likely the Gop and the Trump campaign, that's when you would want to hold onto your buttocks.

Such a revelation would tear this country appart like we can't even imagine.

Massive scale voter fraud organized by a foreign power would be the kickoff of World War 3.

slit

I did. You pointed out her siphoning votes. I pointed out that the situation is more complicated than that, and that your point is moot.

The situation isn't complicated at all. I said it was ironic, not to mention hypocritical of her. You seem to take offence to that. I'm not saying she cost Clinton the election, just that she isn't very bright.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Actually the point in contention was who she said she wanted to win. By saying Clinton was the scarier and likely to drag the United States into a nuclear war with Russia, you can see the game she was playing.
You make it sound like that's the only thing she ever said about the comparison between Trump and Clinton.

She didn't endorse either explicitly that would make no sense as she was also running.
She also didn't "prefer" one to the other. She acknowledged different analyses about aspects of each candidates' campaigns, but not a blanket "yeah this one is better" statement.

The situation isn't complicated at all. I said it was ironic, not to mention hypocritical of her. You seem to take offence to that. I'm not saying she cost Clinton the election, just that she isn't very bright.
I'm not taking offense to anything. I'm pointing out the facts of the matter.

guek

Banned
As much as I don't want Trump to be the president, the ramifications of finding fraud of the scale required to nullify his win would be devastating for democracy in the US. Possibly even worldwide, honestly.
It could easily lead to war on multiple fronts

RedHill

Banned
As much as I don't want Trump to be the president, the ramifications of finding fraud of the scale required to nullify his win would be devastating for democracy in the US. Possibly even worldwide, honestly.
Good. Better than the ramifications of four years of "climate change is a Chinese hoax" and his trusty sidekick "let's electrocute gay kids"

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Yeah, for once I'd like to really believe in this conspiracy.

lZZuSyw.jpg

Me right now.

It would be quite devastating, but people would deserve find out the truth if it really occurred, no? In my eyes, things like voter ID laws/suppression tactics, Comey's violation of the Hatch Act, and the Russia's hacking are already immense aberrations of the political process.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It would be quite devastating, but people would deserve find out the truth if it really occurred, no? In my eyes, things like voter ID laws/suppression tactics, Comey's violation of the Hatch Act, and the Russia's hacking are already immense aberrations of the political process.

Anybody sane would want it exposed if it actually happened. But to actively hope that it happened is insanity. I think that's the point that was being made.

Like the difference between saying "If Scalia was murdered, I hope we find out the truth" vs saying "I hope Obama is proven to have ordered a hit on Scalia"

slit

If it were true, then there is no democracy and gov't would need rebuilt. It's ridiculous to say, "well let's not rock the boat." when the system is a failure.

RedHill

Banned
Anybody sane would want it exposed if it actually happened. But to actively hope that it happened is insanity. I think that's the point that was being made.

Like the difference between saying "If Scalia was murdered, I hope we find out the truth" vs saying "I hope Obama is proven to have ordered a hit on Scalia"
Guess I'm insane for praying we don't have a neo nazi presidency

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
People are just throwing money away here. I hope no one donated money they really needed to survive in some false hope.

How? If there is voter fraud going on in this country, it needs to be investigated. Even if it turns out there was no fraud and the recount does little, it gives some people a sense of closure.

How could anyone be against a recount? What have we got to lose???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom