• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jill Stein Launches Fundraising Effort To Ask For A Recount In 3 States

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
it is slowing down a bit, everyone will be traveling tomorrow or busy I wonder if over the weekend they can reach the rest

they only needed 1.1m for WI the other two states have a few more days buffer

it actually hasn't slowed down at all

another $100 k in 20 minutes

Here are the filing fees and deadlines for each state:

Wisconsin: $1.1 million by Nov 25
Pennsylvania: $.5 million by Nov 28
Michigan: $.6 million by Nov 30

I would think she has lawyers and a team looking at this? Are you sure they got the PA deadline wrong that would be an epic fail lol

jfkgoblue

The reason why so many are getting annoyed at people wasting money on this, is because Stein is only doing this for the attention, kinda like Tulsi Gabbard back when she endorsed Bernie, and people are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

Sydle

Here are the filing fees and deadlines for each state:

Wisconsin: $1.1 million by Nov 25
Pennsylvania: $.5 million by Nov 28
Michigan: $.6 million by Nov 30

I would think she has lawyers and a team looking at this? Are you sure they got the PA deadline wrong that would be an epic fail lol

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Seems that this will likely get funded to the point of allowing at least two states. I will not be surprised if over the next 2 days there is more than enough to do all three states plus cover any additional legal fees.

SURGEdude

The reason why so many are getting annoyed at people wasting money on this, is because Stein is only doing this for the attention, kinda like Tulsi Gabbard back when she endorsed Bernie, and people are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

The difference is that Tulsi is doing what she thinks is right. Jill Stein is a cancer on the left.

1SqCRPj.png

Hanging out for the Wii U version tbh

eh if she is the only one pushing for a recount who cares?

If she pockets the money and no recounts take place comeback and laugh your ass off is what I would say

She is the best one to push this recount DEMS really can't afford more negative press

kirblar

eh if she is the only one pushing for a recount who cares?

If she pockets the money and no recounts take place comeback and laugh your ass off is what I would say

She is the best one to push this recount DEMS really can't afford more negative press
They won't pocket the allocated cash.

The goal for her is the leftover cash.

KingBroly

Banned
They won't pocket the allocated cash.

The goal for her is the leftover cash.
That or someone is putting her up to it

For reference, 2000 before recount was Bush plus 1700 and moved to Bush plus 538. But that had tobs of variables that this does not.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I saw this early, sighed, and left. Looks like this might actually have enough steam to succeed?

Even then, I can't say I have any expectations for anything to come of it. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they did find that it was "rigged" in some way, in part because Trump seems to constantly project and his whole "Clinton/dems/liberals are rigging it against us" spiel could be yet another case of him projecting. But if they do recount they probably won't find anything. Oh, how I'd love to be wrong though.

At this point, I'm thinking that Jill Stein is a Russian agent who is trying to create instability in the American political system, or she's just a moron.

Orrrr it's the Year of the Jackpot, and the sun will go nova soon, which honestly, you know, it would suck, but it might not even be the worst thing that could happen anytime soon.

At this point, I'm thinking that Jill Stein is a Russian agent who is trying to create instability in the American political system, or she's just a moron.

Orrrr it's the Year of the Jackpot, and the sun will go nova soon, which honestly, you know, it would suck, but it might not even be the worst thing that could happen anytime soon.

At this point, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to discover that Russia had:

1) Supported Trump
2) Flooded voting machines with false votes in order to get Trump a win
3) Paid Stein to push for a recount that reveals the false votes and loses Trump his win
4) Encourage Republicans to impeach Clinton over EMAILS
5) Revel in the political instability

wildfire

Banned
as it stands if every stein voter went for clinton trump still would have won

blame the dems who either stayed home or voted republican

I suspect more REpublicans voted for Hillary than Dems who voted for Trump. The polling indicated it would trend that way but the polls were so off on this we can only rely on exit polls if they measured this.

She said Clinton was "scarier", I believe it was her campaign manager/weed dealer who was hoping for Trump to win.

...but like a few white folks I know who said the same thing before the election, they quickly woke up after the election and realized that no, Trump and the animals in the GOP were really much, much scarier.

At this point, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to discover that Russia had:

1) Supported Trump
2) Flooded voting machines with false votes in order to get Trump a win
3) Paid Stein to push for a recount that reveals the false votes and loses Trump his win
4) Encourage Republicans to impeach Clinton over EMAILS
5) Revel in the political instability

Me neither. Honestly, we (and by we, I mean Americans) hate each other so much that Russia can pretty much do what she wants without the worry of us unifying against her.

I mean, the antipathy that I have for Trump voters and people who vote GOP in general runs the deepest that it's ever run in my life to the point that I've thought a lot of things about them that I never would have thought before. I can only imagine that a lot of people feel like me about each other right now.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Unless you can flip PA's 60k difference, this really doesn't seem like it will accomplish anything. I can believe in the possibility of flipping the other two states but PA doesn't seem likely.

Could someone explain to me how giving money to Jill Stein's kickstarter fundraiser leads to recounts?

Like.. there's no way election officials just recount if someone give them enough money, right?

Bossking

Banned
Could someone explain to me how giving money to Jill Stein's kickstarter fundraiser leads to recounts?

Like.. there's no way election officials just recount if someone give them enough money, right?

People get into the presidential cabinet by giving enough money.

robochimp

Wrong, they will do a recount if someone with standing pays for one.

was she on the ballots? Yes, yes she was... If she can pay for it by the deadline yes she can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom