• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Danger 2 |OT| The Movie

Pranay

Xbla is not what it used to be. Also do you need to have Gold to download the Xbla games?

I think PSN sales are rather getting better and Xbla is declining.

JD1-JD2 should become a text book example of how not to manage the community. With paltry sales of both games on 360 and an alienated PS3 fan base apparently ignoring JD2 I have to wonder whether Hello Games regret ever signing a deal with MS. They had a good thing going on PSN and could have also released on Steam and elsewhere without having to deal with MS and their rules on self-publishing and exclusivity. They probably thought XBLA meant easy money.

can't they release it to steam once they release it on xbox live arcade? I also don't understand the exclusivity comment. it's coming to / come out on psn within a few weeks and with lots more content, so where does the exclusivity come into it?

Xbla is not what it used to be. Also do you need to have Gold to download the Xbla games?

I think PSN sales are rather getting better and Xbla is declining.

what do you base xbox live arcade declining on? the lack of releases like retro city rampage or their release slot limit?

Pranay

can't they release it to steam once they release it on xbox live arcade? I also don't understand the exclusivity comment. it's coming to / come out on psn within a few weeks and with lots more content, so where does the exclusivity come into it?

what do you base xbox live arcade declining on? the lack of releases like retro city rampage or their release slot limit?

Well Dunno thats why i asked whether Gold is required to buy Xbla games,

I thought in previous xbla games in average had more playing in the leaderboards

but anyways seeing trails and minecraft numbers i guess i am wrong here lol

Well Dunno thats why i asked whether Gold is required to buy Xbla games,

I thought in previous xbla games in average had more playing in the leaderboards

but anyways seeing trails and minecraft numbers i guess i am wrong here lol

sorry, I thought I answered your question.

no, you don't need gold to buy or xbox live arcade titles.

Rlan

I was sad to say it sold poorly. I mean, I ended up playing through the whole thing and getting all the achievements on Xbox Live Arcade :(

It does happen though -- sequels on Xbox Live Arcade almost never sell as well as their original counterparts, despite usually being better games. Trials Evolution has sold very well, but it's not going to sell as well as Trials HD did in the long run, and probably cost more to make overall.

There are exceptions to this rule (I think Sonic 2 has sold better than Sonic 1, for example, and Pac Man CE DX) but it's a pretty consistant thing - Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, Ms Splosion Man, Galaga Legions DX, games with a lot of levels that a lot of people still didn't finish in the first place. Magic The Gathering is adding less and less people every year too.

Doesn't really stop Angry Birds from selling shittons on iPhone, but even their many spinoffs probably has diminishing returns, even if those returns are still large.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Only just noticed this came out this week. But the pricing is crazy. I bought joe danger 1 when it came out, and I'm a PS+ subscriber. So what is my reward for supporting the first game and presumably helping the developer fund the second? I get to pay £2 more for Joe Danger 2 than PS+ members buying Joe danger 1 *and* 2

I was sad to say it sold poorly. I mean, I ended up playing through the whole thing and getting all the achievements on Xbox Live Arcade :(

It does happen though -- sequels on Xbox Live Arcade almost never sell as well as their original counterparts, despite usually being better games. Trials Evolution has sold very well, but it's not going to sell as well as Trials HD did in the long run, and probably cost more to make overall.

There are exceptions to this rule (I think Sonic 2 has sold better than Sonic 1, for example, and Pac Man CE DX) but it's a pretty consistant thing - Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, Ms Splosion Man, Galaga Legions DX, games with a lot of levels that a lot of people still didn't finish in the first place. Magic The Gathering is adding less and less people every year too.

Doesn't really stop Angry Birds from selling shittons on iPhone, but even their many spinoffs probably has diminishing returns, even if those returns are still large.

It's probably because the games are based almost purely on mechanics and progression in them comes from either ratcheting up the difficulty or putting slight twists on said mechanics. I doubt many people actually finish xbla/pan games so a more refined version of what they already have and could possibly play isn't particularly enticing.

vdlow

I just finished playing it on the PS3, but I can't seem to find the Gaiden levels. I think I heard that those levels would be available on the Downloadable Tours menu, but the only thing I find there is the Team Nasty championship. Am I missing something?

V_Ben

Banned
I just finished playing it on the PS3, but I can't seem to find the Gaiden levels. I think I heard that those levels would be available on the Downloadable Tours menu, but the only thing I find there is the Team Nasty championship. Am I missing something?

Those are indeed the Gaiden levels :)

krae_man

Does this game have a glitch or something?

I'm stuck on one level. I can't remember the name of it but it basically has 3 objectives: Collect the star, beat the time limit, and do the 4 specific tricks the director wants you to do at the points in the track he wants them done. Problem is I cannot get the game to recognize the first trick. All it shows is a pic of an analog stick with arrows to the left and right. No matter which way I spin and do a front or back flip it doesn't give me credit.

What trick am I supposed to do?

test_account

XP-39C²
Those are indeed the Gaiden levels :)
I need to finish two more of those to get the last trophy. When i was playing through Joe Danger 2, i was wondering why i never bothered with the last 3 trophies in the game. But when i got to those two Team Nasty levels, which are levels from Joe Danger 1, i remembered perfectly well :)

Does this game have a glitch or something?

I'm stuck on one level. I can't remember the name of it but it basically has 3 objectives: Collect the star, beat the time limit, and do the 4 specific tricks the director wants you to do at the points in the track he wants them done. Problem is I cannot get the game to recognize the first trick. All it shows is a pic of an analog stick with arrows to the left and right. No matter which way I spin and do a front or back flip it doesn't give me credit.

What trick am I supposed to do?
Keep pressing R1 and L1 while spinning. I dont remember the exact combination, but if you mash R1 and L1 while spinning around, it will most likely register the trick.

krae_man

I need to finish two more of those to get the last trophy. When i was playing through Joe Danger 2, i was wondering why i never bothered with the last 3 trophies in the game. But when i got to those two Team Nasty levels, which are levels from Joe Danger 1, i remembered perfectly well :)

Keep pressing R1 and L1 while spinning. I dont remember the exact combination, but if you mash R1 and L1 while spinning around, it will most likely register the trick.

There are tricks later on in the stage that involve pressing the left and right bumpers(I'm still working on the 360 version, haven't bought the PS3 version yet). The first trick doesn't say anything about pressing the bumpers.

test_account

XP-39C²
There are tricks later on in the stage that involve pressing the left and right bumpers(I'm still working on the 360 version, haven't bought the PS3 version yet). The first trick doesn't say anything about pressing the bumpers.
Then i dont know, sorry. I just kept spinning around and pressing random buttons on those tricks and i landed all of them :) I only played the PS3 version, but i had no problems there.

krae_man

Okay problem has gone away. I went into the level again after completing a few others first and it gave me a different set of tricks to do. It took away the first trick I was having trouble doing and added a new one at the end of the stage after the other 3. I still don't know what was going on but I have all the objectives completed now.

Montresor

Are there any good guides for this game? The community for this game seems dead (not just here, but on TA.com and 360achievements.org too).

I need help with "The Temple Of Boom" (Act 1 Level 3). I have a hard time beating that time limit and I have no idea what to do to get the bananas.

Are there any good guides for this game? The community for this game seems dead (not just here, but on TA.com and 360achievements.org too).

I need help with "The Temple Of Boom" (Act 1 Level 3). I have a hard time beating that time limit and I have no idea what to do to get the bananas.

A guide shouldn't be necessary. This game is all about reflexes. Do you know you can double jump by pressing the jump button while in the air?

Montresor

A guide shouldn't be necessary. This game is all about reflexes. Do you know you can double jump by pressing the jump button while in the air?

Aw man, no I didn't know that. That explains how I'm supposed to get Stars/Bananas that are hovering above hurdles. Thanks.

edit:

Also, I'm trying to get the Pro Medal in Act 2 Level 2 (Cold Finger). I have the following stats and it's not giving me the Pro Medal:

Time Penalty Flag (+25 seconds)
Score: 5,881,400
Time Elapsed: 87.45
Par Time: 58.0
All blue stars collected

Do I just have to make sure I don't go over the par time by more than 25 seconds before I can earn the Pro Medal?

Montresor

This game is getting better but there are two things I don't like:

1) There doesn't seem to be any indication on what you need to do to get Pro Medals. I'm performing fast runs through a level collecting every star but I'm not getting the Pro Medal, probably because I don't have enough points? But I don't know for sure. This is really annoying.

2) The UI is too cluttered. There's too much stuff going on-screen making it hard to absorb everything. There are so many pieces of information on the UI during game play, and so many explosions, that it becomes hard to anticipate the Duck/Jump sequences. Also, the announcer sounds the same whether he says Duck! or Jump! That's really irritating. The announcer says Jump but it sounds exactly like Duck so sometimes I duck instead.

Montresor

Regarding posts #71 and #72, I FINALLY figured out what you need to get a pro medal. The game's loading screens are very misleading. They make you think you just need to get all the blue ministars to earn a pro medal. The reality is you need to get EVERY star available in a level in one run, not just all the blue ministars, but the banana star and the combo star, etc... too.

Anyhow, I think I am done with this game and will hang it up for good. I got 400 Microsoft points of enjoyment out of this, thankfully. But for my gaming tastes this isn't worth 1200 and I wouldn't really recommend it. Then again, maybe the Trials-esque style of game play just isn't for me

Regarding posts #71 and #72, I FINALLY figured out what you need to get a pro medal. The game's loading screens are very misleading. They make you think you just need to get all the blue ministars to earn a pro medal. The reality is you need to get EVERY star available in a level in one run, not just all the blue ministars, but the banana star and the combo star, etc... too.

I never felt any confusion from "misleading" loading screens.

Anyhow, I think I am done with this game and will hang it up for good. I got 400 Microsoft points of enjoyment out of this, thankfully. But for my gaming tastes this isn't worth 1200 and I wouldn't really recommend it. Then again, maybe the Trials-esque style of game play just isn't for me

Trials and Joe Danger are completely different types of game.

In Trials your goal is to complete the course with as few faults as possible, in as fast a time as possible. In Joe Danger there are multiple goals for each course, and they change frequently. It's more a score attack/platforming style of game, with times included.

Montresor

I never felt any confusion from "misleading" loading screens.

Trials and Joe Danger are completely different types of game.

In Trials your goal is to complete the course with as few faults as possible, in as fast a time as possible. In Joe Danger there are multiple goals for each course, and they change frequently. It's more a score attack/platforming style of game, with times included.

Regarding the pro medals, I agree that the confusion is probably my fault.

I just recently noticed they added 100 achievement points to this game's total, and the new achievements appear to be tied to a new DLC pack. It's titled the "Undead Movie Pack".

Interestingly enough Hello Games has said nothing about this DLC, and I even tweeted them about it last week and got no response.

Top Bottom