• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Danger |OT| If You Ain't 3nd, You're Last

I just spent 400 tries on time attack on The Klobb and finally got it with 0.1 seconds to spare.

FUCK THIS GAME

well maybe one more level...

PetriP-TNT said:
Just got 100% of the levels done :D Directors cut was pretty easy except for Insert Disk 2 which I tried like 1000 times.

Could someone please send me a level so I can get the last trophy?! My PSN name is MemphisCreep
You can send yourself a level and get the trophy. :p

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
criesofthepast said:
You can send yourself a level and get the trophy. :p

You can create another PSN account on your PS3, and then send it to yourself that way. You can't do it on the same account though, obviously.

... So I just got all the bronze trophies and I think I'm going to give up on this game. It's a FUN game and when I'm playing a level that I enjoy that isn't frustrating, I REALLY like this game. However, the more you play the harder and more frustrating it gets. Maybe it's just my expectations, but I didn't want to play a game like this that would really frustrate me. I think this would be a fun two player split screen game (I haven't tried it yet) but I think the Career mode demands too much "perfect" and trial and error on too many levels. And as much as I enjoy the core mechanic of the game... this ended up being a game that I didn't want to have to "practice" to get good at. I wouldn't mind retrying a stage over less than 10 times, but when it starts taking you more than that, it's too much. This game needed to somehow have an "Easy Mode" or something. I'd like to keep on playing new levels all through the career mode, but eventually you hit a wall in the game where it becomes too hard/frustrating to move on.

I guess I wanted this game to be more casual and pick-up-and-play than it really was. I mean it was early on, but the more you play the less accessible that it becomes. And that's a shame!

Cuisino

Neo Member
Finally at 100%....insert disk 2 was a pain, true....but not as bad as expected. I mean the time limit is not a problem at all and there are only 2-3 tricky jumps involved...the rest is pure concentration issue. And that's the main problem; insert disk 2 is just incredibly long, that's what makes it hard.

Anyway, glad I got the 100%....great game, loved every second of it!

Cuisino said:
Finally at 100%....insert disk 2 was a pain, true....but not as bad as expected. I mean the time limit is not a problem at all and there are only 2-3 tricky jumps involved...the rest is pure concentration issue. And that's the main problem; insert disk 2 is just incredibly long, that's what makes it hard.

Anyway, glad I got the 100%....great game, loved every second of it!

Insert Disk 2 was hmm... second to hardest mission for me and easily the hardest one of Directors Cut (which I thought was pretty damn easy compared to some stages).

Second game I got 100% from, nice!

Cuisino

Neo Member
PetriP-TNT said:
Insert Disk 2 was hmm... second to hardest mission for me and easily the hardest one of Directors Cut (which I thought was pretty damn easy compared to some stages).

Second game I got 100% from, nice!

which one was harder for you; the klobb?

man I had a hard time with the klobb...O_O

krae_man

Dolemitesooner said:
Still can not get the combo star on that level.

What the hell leads to getting 100% anyways. I just seem to randomly get it.

You basically have to wheelie inbetween stunts. You only have a second or two after one trick to do another one or the 100% Combo won't happen. It just takes practice and in some cases picking a different line through the level.

Jme

New Characters:

5201998922_dbd95be4c6.jpg

5201999018_7bd8b24598.jpg

5201403865_5905233daf.jpg

5201403927_a9423bb5da.jpg

Also, Joe Danger is on sale (US PSN) for 50% off between the 23rd and 30th...
So, $7.49

^ Nice! I just wish there were some new stages...

Cuisino said:
which one was harder for you; the klobb?

man I had a hard time with the klobb...O_O

The Klobb was pretty horrible, but the hardest was some long stage in the earlier stages

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wow.

For some reason or another, I passed on this game at release. I tried the demo when it came out a couple months later, I thought it was just 'ok' and did bother with it again. I got the game on a whim when it went on sale last month but didn't really play past the demo area until a few nights ago. I decided to boot it up while waiting for a demo and gotdamn this game is AWESOME.

Seriously, it's almost dangerously addictive. Once it clicked I realized I was playing one of the most ridiculously fun games this gen. When I start playing an event, I literally cannot stop until I've earned every star. It's getting a little more challenging now but it's even better that way, it's so satisfying when you finally reach that goal after dozens of attempts. And I just love the way that Joe controls, all the hopping and wheelies and flips - I love it. Plus the 60fps and the colorful, cartoonish style are very pleasing to look at.

So yeah, this came out of nowhere for me but this game is awesome. Consider me impressed.

NeoZylom

handofg0d said:
Also, Joe Danger is on sale (US PSN) for 50% off between the 23rd and 30th...
So, $7.49

Can anyone tell me if this 'deal' is up on CAN PSN too?

Aw... Forgot to look for the date ... Someone told me it was on sale from 23rd to 30th so I looked on here. ahah. Sorry!

Why would they release new characters instead of new tracks :/

I loved this game, I want new great tracks to play

(haven't really tried any of the user made maps, shame on me)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
PetriP-TNT said:
Why would they release new characters instead of new tracks :/

I loved this game, I want new great tracks to play

Yeah, it's weird they haven't released any Event DLC, especially since there's a place in the front menu for Downloadable Tours. I would like more of this fine game.

Wizpig

Well, i got a Ps3 for Christmas :D

Add me if you want: Wiizpig

The first game i tried was Joe Danger, since i wanted this as a XBLA but it never came out :D and as expected it looks like a fun game.

It's like Excitebike meets Trials HD, but more accessible and insta-fun than Trials.

What's the standard price for the game? is it currently on deal?

Wizpig said:
Well, i got a Ps3 for Christmas :D

Add me if you want: Wiizpig

The first game i tried was Joe Danger, since i wanted this as a XBLA but it never came out :D and as expected it looks like a fun game.

It's like Excitebike meets Trials HD, but more accessible and insta-fun than Trials.

What's the standard price for the game? is it currently on deal?

15 - Sorry you missed the sale.

I'm rather surprised this thread hasn't seen an upswing, with the 360 release. Or has that received an OT that is buried 15 pages deep?

Top Bottom