• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Danger |OT| If You Ain't 3nd, You're Last

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Am I the only one wishing jumping and boosting buttons were inverted?

I keep pushing X to jump. I just can't get used to using Square after, you know, about 10 years of jumping with X.

BeeDog

TTP said:
Am I the only one wishing jumping and boosting buttons were inverted?

I keep pushing X to jump. I just can't get used to using Square after, you know, about 10 years of jumping with X.

You're the only one. :p Square is great for jumping. The only control issue I have is with the lane switching; since I rest my thumb on the Left stick all the time, I often accidentally press down/up near the lane switches and fuck up a good run.

A better solution would've been to actively hold up/down near one of those green lane switchers instead of flipping the arrow with a flick on the Left stick.

jrth5s.jpg

Destroyed HelloGames on 'Green Shell' so hard I broke the leaderboard. I'm #1 AND #2.

JRW

Is anyone in California havin trouble with PSN network? I keep getting Error Code 80023103 when trying to navigate anywhere.

I tried wired & wireless with same results. This is the first time ive had this issue with PSN and Ive been unable to use it since yesterday.

dock

Really enjoying this game, although I doubt I'll ever get to a high standard of play with it.

I've never enjoyed using four fingers for both set of triggers - I usually use my index fingers and move between them. In general I'm getting into a bit of tangle with the complexity of the controls.

Also, loading screens that cut the music are something I find really annoying, I hate dropping back to the menu.

The graphics and content are amazing though, it's just that I find using so many buttons to be a bit uncomfortable.

krae_man

I like the game but I cant see myself trying for highscores. I find myself doing crazy things with my hands trying to hold [] and X along with L+R buttons, plus one stuck to rack up high scores. Screw that.

JRW

Mailenstein said:
For fucks sake, it just won't let me purchase the game. WHAT THE FUCK?! :mad:

What kind of issue are you having? I got an error code when I purchased the game but it still let me download it, I confirmed that my credit card was charged before trying to buy it again, You better make sure they haven't been charging your credit card each time you've attempted to buy it....

PSN let me download the full game even tho this error was displayed:
joe_danger_purchase_error.jpg

This game is very addicting if you're trying to go for all of the goals in each level.

Are we not able to go back to previous levels later on? It doesnt look like it..

Poetaster

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
An update and a love letter from me to you, poetaster

http://i46.tinypic.com/25tkh2g.jpg
Aww that's sweet of you. I don't have anything for you just yet but I'll try my hardest to scrape something together.

DaBargainHunta said:
Stupid question, but in the track creator, how the hell do you end the track? I can't find the checkered road piece to add to the track.
I don't think you can. It seems to place the end point shortly after the last object on the track.

DJMicLuv

Got it tonight on UK PSN. What a beauty! Love the game.

Has the similarity of the titular hero to Mark Webber been noted before? If there's ever a Joe Danger: The Movie I'm sure Webber is a shoe in!:D

DJMicLuv said:
Got it tonight on UK PSN. What a beauty! Love the game.

Has the similarity of the titular hero to Mark Webber been noted before? If there's ever a Joe Danger: The Movie I'm sure Webber is a shoe in!:D

You mean the DNF Maestro?

I just want to say what a wonderful game this is! Just sat there with a big, stupid grin on my face flinging this little motorbike around. Good, wholesome fun.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Do you unlock further multiplayer levels? There are only a few very short levels to play in split screen right away. I bought the game thinking it would be good for local multiplayer and we ended up taking turns on single player levels.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Shai-Tan said:
Do you unlock further multiplayer levels? There are only a few very short levels to play in split screen right away. I bought the game thinking it would be good for local multiplayer and we ended up taking turns on single player levels.

I think that's all there is, unfortunately. You can make your own in the editor, though.

satriales

mujun said:
How many levels in this?

How many challenges in each level (collect stars, etc)?
I count 58 levels. Some have 2 challenges, other have 6 so the average is probably 3 or 4 challenges per level

Double D

Just wanted to say that I bought this last night and was only able to play for about a half hour, but I am already in love with it. My son is able to get in on the fun without too much frustration thanks to the forgiving controls/gameplay.

meppi

Mailenstein said:
For fucks sake, it just won't let me purchase the game. WHAT THE FUCK?! :mad:

Had the exact same trouble for 2 days.
All I can say is keep trying, it's bound to work sooner or later. :-/

Loving the game btw. I can see myself spending a lot of hours playing just for high scores. :)
If anyone wants to add me, it's meppi64.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I am 3rd globally on Shock Hazard Death Race right now. psn- MikeCisThaILLest

The 2 people ahead of me must have used an exploit.

Shai-Tan

Banned
RoadHazard said:
I think that's all there is, unfortunately. You can make your own in the editor, though.

That blows. The game is fun and all but that makes it pretty much useless for local multiplayer considering the limits for level sharing.

JRW

Can anyone help with this level, I cant reach the D in Danger it seems impossibly high up above the ramp....

JD_ShockHazard.jpg

SToRM

I bought this game yesterday and I'm loving it so far. One of the most fun PSN games I've played so far.

JRW said:
Can anyone help with this level, I cant reach the D in Danger it seems impossibly high up above the ramp....
You could try jumping just before you leave the ramp to gain some extra height. Or maybe try rotating the bike towards the 'D' and boosting.

krae_man

Wish I found out you can get trophies in user created levels earlier. Would have saved myself half an hour trying to get the "4 stars in one race" trophy.

Oh well, got the 100X trophy easy as pie:lol

krae_man

JRW said:

JD_ShockHazard.jpg

There's a spring between the shark tanks you're jumping over.

took me a while to notice it too

JRW

krae_man said:
There's a spring between the shark tanks you're jumping over.

took me a while to notice it too

Wow I never did see the spring, I ended up reaching it by crouching and releasing crouch at top of the ramp, then pointed bike towards the D and hit boost.

krae_man

Darn it, I cannot find the G in "The Afterburner" in the Crush Zone tour. The N and E are so close together so there's not too much space it could be in but I cannot find it.

Never mind, found it. Good thing I posted this:lol

Ok... i tried like maybe 200 times to beat the time in "Target - Kaboom!" ... is there something i don't know... and how can i quickly do that last jump with the reversed target? I'm pissed right now with this track

"Ok... i tried like maybe 200 times to beat the time in "Target - Kaboom!" ... is there something i don't know... and how can i quickly do that last jump with the reversed target? I'm pissed right now with this track"

Jump off the ramp, backflip up and hit the target, jump off the target and boost.

Holy shit this game is fun as hell, I'm nowhere near anything on the world leader boards like you crazy bastards but it's fun competing with someone on my friends list.

Teknopathetic said:
"Ok... i tried like maybe 200 times to beat the time in "Target - Kaboom!" ... is there something i don't know... and how can i quickly do that last jump with the reversed target? I'm pissed right now with this track"

Jump off the ramp, backflip up and hit the target, jump off the target and boost.

hmm ok thanks, that's pretty much what i did but most of the time i didn't have the boost cause of the previous jump

"hmm ok thanks, that's pretty much what i did but most of the time i didn't have the boost cause of the previous jump"

You don't need to use all of the boost to clear the previous jump. If you're feeling frisky you can do some tricks while going over it to build up the lost boost as well.

Top Bottom