• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Paterno knew of Jerry Sandusky abuse in 1976 after 14 year old boy came to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Because the cult followers (PSU students and alumni) on the large feel the same way as him in regards to the media's indignant treatment of Paterno

They fired the previous president Spanier and hired Barron from FSU (who was president of FSU during Jameis's Winston's era).

NCAA was powerless and got forced to rescind the punishment. What do you expect them to do?

PSU should shut the football program down though.

It's an interesting question I would love to ask them under oath. Let's be honest, they know it's true even if they deny it even to themselves.

And that letter from PSU is total cult leader stuff.
I mean you basically answered your own question. Why would they care? That letter explicitly says it's just speculation.

Futureman

Apparently Penn State settled with 32 people over sexual abuse. The ESPN article makes note that PSU lawyers were very diligent in making sure they weren't making these stories up.

Do people who are still defending PSU think that Jerry Sandusky somehow abused 32 kids (and probably more that haven't come forward) and he was the only one that knew about it? That letter from the current president is so shameful.

highrider

Banned
You don't do that for as many years as Sandusky did and not have other people in the organization know about it. I'm stunned that people think Paterno was somehow oblivious to it.

You don't do that for as many years as Sandusky did and not have other people in the organization know about it. I'm stunned that people think Paterno was somehow oblivious to it.

Dude knew what was going on (and many others) and didn't give a fuck because football was far more important.

JABEE

This school deserved to have their entire football program wiped from the planet, not reinstated after a year or two. Absolute garbage.

And don't give me the, "bu bu but what about the current players who had nothing to do with it?" NCAA could easily have let them transfer without a 1-year redshirt season to fix the issue.

Exactly. Penn State's money was too good. Their importance to any TV deals were too good.

Fuck the NCAA and Fuck Penn State.

All the glory and wealth they have accumulated by actively ignoring, often-times facilitating child-rape is a fucking abomination. All in the name of a football program. It's all blood money.

This school deserved to have their entire football program wiped from the planet, not reinstated after a year or two. Absolute garbage.

And don't give me the, "bu bu but what about the current players who had nothing to do with it?" NCAA could easily have let them transfer without a 1-year redshirt season to fix the issue.

Well I think they did this when the initial penalties came out. I know at least seniors could for sure and incoming recruits could back out of their commitments. Issue is they should have shut down the program for at least two years from the start.

Well I think they did this when the initial penalties came out. I know at least seniors could for sure and incoming recruits could back out of their commitments. Issue is they should have shut down the program for at least two years from the start.

Bingo.

PSU got off so easily.

This should have been released when the NCAA was considering shortening the length of the football program's suspension.

When a fucking shitty sport is more important than children getting molested. Fuck Paterno, fuck Penn state, and fuck football. Get your priorities straight.

It's also more important than athlete health, both long and short term. And apparently more important than compensating the participants well.

That's american football for you.

-_____________________-

Its crazy that arresting Sandusky is like arresting the guy on the street for doing drugs.

The drug dealers in this case are still free. And still dealing.

The Franklin Coverup exposed Sandusky 20 years ago and no one did shit.

Speaking of a different Franklin, PSU's current coach, he had his own little rape issue at Vanderbilt that nobody seems to care about.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-james-franklin-testifies-rape-case/16920201/

I like Franklin is complaining about other schools negatively recruiting against PSU

"I spend all Friday and Saturday on the phone talking to all of our players because other schools are contacting them and telling them the NCAA is going to get involved again and impose more sanctions… The people we’re competing with – Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame – this is just not something they have to deal with. Although we want to move on, those other schools are not letting us move on."

"We’re able to tell kids they’re going to compete against the very highest level week in and week out. What makes it tricky, they’re not having to deal with some of the things we’re dealing with and working through, which magnifies it. Those programs as well as others know that and use that against us. We have that conversation with every single prospect. We don’t usually initiate it, but it’s coming from somewhere."

Like he never said anything bad about any other school.

Futureman

"this is just not something they have to deal with"

Those other poor schools not having to deal with the consequences of decades of covering up little kids getting molested.

Never forget.

-4ea121a892bf1906.jpg

riot-photo-5.jpg

I like Franklin is complaining about other schools negatively recruiting against PSU

Like he never said anything bad about any other school.
"These recruits keep bringing up this damn news story about how Paterno had evidence of child abuse in the program for forty years, but they never mention the letter from our President that explains that it's purely speculation. They're not getting a fair account."

http://deadspin.com/court-docs-sand...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

penn-state apparently tried to force one of the victims to write an appology letter for telling on Sandusky.

sick shit

At some point, I need to stop being surprised at how many people truly lack compassion or empathy and would trade all of it for glory and/or money

Never forget.

Why do they do they do that to their communities, Angelus?

IrishNinja

Savage thugs really. If they have time to riot for a pedophile sympathizer and enabler, then they should be dedicating it to curbing white on white crime.

ugh
angelus, have you ever even had to smile at an officer holding the door for you? been given the benefit of the doubt by like everyone, or had to censor yourself when listing ODB's discography?

check your privilege bruh

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The university still profits from that era. Penn State Football should absolutely be given the death penalty and the current players and coaches associated with Penn State should be allowed to transfer to other schools without any penalty
Fuck them too actually considering they chose to go there.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Savage thugs really. If they have time to riot for a pedophile sympathizer and enabler, then they should be dedicating it to curbing white on white crime.

ugh
angelus, have you ever even had to smile at an officer holding the door for you? been given the benefit of the doubt by like everyone, or had to censor yourself when listing ODB's discography?

check your privilege bruh

Lol made my evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom