• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan shoots an arrow at Elon Musk’s Cybertruck

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Joe Rogan podcast was transformative for Elon musk the first time and I have a hard time seeing an arrow doing damage to the cyber truck.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

lIMbSZG.jpg

LordOfChaos

Joe was actually masterful in letting Elon circle his way back to the truth and recommit to the Zuck fight. I'd watch it. But then also warning him not to be complacent because he's larger, and that a talented smaller opponent can still wreck a lesser skilled one.

People give Joe a lot of shit for every misstep but I actually do think he's a masterful interviewer that just hides it behind calling himself just some dummy and being bro-ey.

He also asked about Israel and Hamas but Elon didn't want to touch it, maybe he finally took some PR direction not to. He just kept saying "Hummus? If we stopped buying chickpea spread they'd be done for!"

Last edited:
Joe was actually masterful in letting Elon circle his way back to the truth and recommit to the Zuck fight. I'd watch it. But then also warning him not to be complacent because he's larger, and that a talented smaller opponent can still wreck a lesser skilled one.

People give Joe a lot of shit for every misstep but I actually do think he's a masterful interviewer that just hides it behind calling himself just some dummy and being bro-ey.

He also asked about Israel and Hamas but Elon didn't want to touch it, maybe he finally took some PR direction not to. He just kept saying "Hummus? If we stopped buying chickpea spread they'd be done for!"
Rogan just lets people talk. Some people like to dig their own graves when given a chance to talk without a bunch of pre-written softball questions.

Zuck has already moved on, I'm not sure why Elon can't. Then again this is Elon we're talking about, he literally pissed away $44 billion to own "the libs" or whatever the fuck. I don't even like "the libs" and I think that was a fucking retarded waste of money.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Listening to the full podcast, and Elon is trying to explain BJJ basics to Joe now. Elon is completely out of his depth but speaking with absolute confidence, to a domain expert in the thing he's BSing about, repeatedly telling Joe he's wrong.

(Joe is right)

Zathalus

I like the look of the Cybertruck, but surely that thing is going to be a hazard to pedestrians? Imagine getting hit by that thing, all sharp edges and stainless steel.

Haven't watched Rogan in a long time. What's the deal with the wig? Is this just his thing now?

Edit: I googled it. Apparently it was just a haloween thing

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
The Truck is not bulletproof.

Don't know why a car being bulletproof is supposed to be exiting. BMW has been doing it for decades (as have other manufacturers), no one cared.

It's bulletproof for 9mm/.45 rounds too, which is pretty cool!

The glass isn't. You are surrounded by glass. Its a marketing gimmick.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The glass isn't. You are surrounded by glass. Its a marketing gimmick.
Elon mentioned that bulletproof glass will be an option, but that it renders the windows inoperable.

Yes, obviously armored cars exist, but no one buys an armored car for a daily driver, unless maybe they live in Johannesburg. A car that by default has bulletproof features is a cool secondary feature though.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Elon mentioned that bulletproof glass will be an option, but that it renders the windows inoperable.

Yes, obviously armored cars exist, but no one buys an armored car for a daily driver, unless maybe they live in Johannesburg. A car that by default has bulletproof features is a cool secondary feature though.
Its a marketing stunt option, that will never see the light of day or be canceled months after the cars release. Car windows that don't work, how nice. Bulletproof glass is 30mm thick, weights a ton and costs a fortune, its not a thing. A needless marketing gimmick.

Like the Flamethrower by the boring company, the shittiest flamethrower the world has seen, that can be used for seconds at a time, or it will permanently break. But boy was it hype.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Like the Flamethrower by the boring company, the shittiest flamethrower the world has seen, that can be used for seconds at a time, or it will permanently break. But boy was it hype.
You wanted a proper Vietnam-era war crime flamethrower? I mean, don't we all, but...

LordOfChaos

What are the pronouns of the fair-haired person?
Wreck/you

Listening to the full podcast, and Elon is trying to explain BJJ basics to Joe now. Elon is completely out of his depth but speaking with absolute confidence, to a domain expert in the thing he's BSing about, repeatedly telling Joe he's wrong.

(Joe is right)

That was pretty cringey. He was describing some arm bar that Joe at first thought didn't exist but then later realized it was a thing but uncommon, and Musk was making it out to seem like that could be done at any time to anyone. He was definitely overconfident about this fight, saying he didn't need to train and cardio "wouldn't be a factor", but again Joe is pretty smart about subtly guiding him back to realizing the threat is real and training is definitely needed.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
That was pretty cringey. He was describing some arm bar that Joe at first thought didn't exist but then later realized it was a thing but uncommon, and Musk was making it out to seem like that could be done at any time to anyone. He was definitely overconfident about this fight, saying he didn't need to train and cardio "wouldn't be a factor", but again Joe is pretty smart about subtly guiding him back to realizing the threat is real and training is definitely needed.
Yes. Elon was wrong about armbars only being about arm strength. The strength differential needs to be enormous for you not to be able to armbar someone due to physical strength alone. Also wrong about size difference being the only factor in a fight. If one person is well-trained and fit, and the other person is larger but much older, out of shape, and not well-trained, that's hardly an automatic victory for the bigger guy. Quite the contrary.

The example Elon used to prove his point was that he used the Walrus Maneuver on a woman and she couldn't do anything. Um, yes, that will work on women because they're physically much weaker than men and roughly half Elon's weight. Good luck doing that to a trained, in-shape man when the majority weight difference between you is blubber.

LordOfChaos

Yes. Elon was wrong about armbars only being about arm strength. The strength differential needs to be enormous for you not to be able to armbar someone due to physical strength alone. Also wrong about size difference being the only factor in a fight. If one person is well-trained and fit, and the other person is larger but much older, out of shape, and not well-trained, that's hardly an automatic victory for the bigger guy. Quite the contrary.

The example Elon used to prove his point was that he used the Walrus Maneuver on a woman and she couldn't do anything. Um, yes, that will work on women because they're physically much weaker than men and roughly half Elon's weight. Good luck doing that to a trained, in-shape man when the majority weight difference between you is blubber.

Honestly think Elon thought Zuck was some nerd from 10 years ago and wasn't up to date on where he is now

nkbu23qo_mark-zuckerberg-ripped-1200_625x300_12_July_23.jpg

RAÏSanÏa

This arrow thing should be included in a new Back to the Future movie as a callback joke about gasoline if the company goes under and the vehicle becomes the new time machine in a few years.

DKehoe

For a guy who likes to talk about engineering you would think he would get that an armbar works like a lever.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

My brother was arguing with me that Elon would beat Zuck in a fight and I was like…Zuck can do a Murph challenge and obsesses over MMA while Elon looks like he’d be challenged by two flights of stairs, I’d bet a thousand bucks on Zuck

You wanted a proper Vietnam-era war crime flamethrower? I mean, don't we all, but...
Flamethrowers are classified as farming tools in most states and you can legally buy them online. Except in California and New York, to the surprise of nobody.

Top Bottom