• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

note that people were flipping out over Dio's rules lawyer baby eating and Santana going inside Stroheim

It's gonna be great.
Weird thing is I don't think anything in SDC really prepares you for the leap that Araki takes with the body horror in part 4...unless I'm forgetting some things. Part 2 had some fucked up shit too though. Whamu hand stitching some Nazi's is hilarious though.

Sapiens

Part 3 had some fucked up stuff. Not as easy to remember because of censorship, but it's way gorier than part 4.

It really did:

tumblr_nk3bawoeLK1u7591ko5_r1_540.gif

Wait it is? I'm only remembering Dio exploding a cat into some dudes food in the stopped time, and Pet Shop fucking up some dogs.

We got, in order:

Kakyoin possessed nurse stabbing out a student's eye
Tower of gray ripping out tongues, followed by the user getting his tongue and face split in half
Strength shoving a hook through a sailor's head
Ebony Devil shredding a waiter's face off, followed by his user getting punctured several times by Silver Chariot
Yellow Temperance squeezing a dog in half
Empress' user exploding in a fountain of blood
Justice's stab zombies
Dog exploding into a megaphone in Death 13, vomiting eyeballs into Polnareff's mouth
Judgement's zombies eating chunks out of Polnareff
N'doul ripping a dude's face off with his water hand
Alessi turning a woman into a fetus
You mentioned Pet Shop
Most of the Vanilla Ice fight
And you mentioned DIO

We got, in order:

Tower of gray ripping out tongues, followed by the user getting his tongue and face split in half
Ebony Devil shredding a waiter's face off, followed by his user getting punctured several times by Silver Chariot
Justice's stab zombies
Dog exploding into a megaphone in Death 13, vomiting eyeballs into Polnareff's mouth
You mentioned Pet Shop
And you mentioned DIO
Well...fuck SDC didn't fuck around.
Is VA more violent/gory than SDC?

petran79

Banned
We got, in order:

Justice's stab zombies
You mentioned Pet Shop
And you mentioned DIO

The irony is that in the 1993 OVA Iggy meets an even more gruesome death

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is very pleasing, altough i have the feeling the list is incomplete?

I think it's only listing shows that began in 2016.
Stuff like Sazae-san or Shin-chan or One Piece aren't included (all are ratings juggernauts in Japan).
Granted I can read Japanese so who knows.

VariantX

We got, in order:

Justice's stab zombies
You mentioned Pet Shop
And you mentioned DIO

N'doul ripping said guy's head off and pulling it into a water bottle through a space no bigger than the radius of a quarter

People and animals die horribly just by being near Jotaro and crew

Nightbird

Mothers Basement finally put out his What's in an OP to all three DiU OP's

I feel like this time it wasn't as good as his other two videos, but still very cool since there was still a bunch of stuff that i missed

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Boooo i was going to post it and be the cool guy for once. Oh well. I enjoy mothers basement and he gave me way more appreciation for that first jojo op.

Wow there's some really good stuff in here.

Mothers Basement's Whats in an OP are usually really great. He has an amazing eye for symbolism, framing, shot composition, and just general analysis. My only real complaint against him is that he can be a little much on the jokes sometimes, but that doesn't show up as much in his OP videos. I'd recommend all his OP videos, but the ones that make him seem really smart would probably be his video on Erased, Mob Psycho, and Your Lie In April.

Astral

Meh. I feel like he was reaching a bit at times. Also, those poses in the chorus of Great Days are not from the manga. Small nitpick.

Top Bottom