• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Magwik

Banned
The feel when you can't come up with reasoning as to how Roundabout can relate to the American Ctiminal Justice system because you want it to go on the class playlist.

Hmmm
eR6WxPE.jpg

So I finally caught all the way up to the end of DiU and I've loved almost every second of this series.

Is part 5 going to be made for TV too? Sorry, haven't really followed any news or threads in fear of spoilers.

cntr

Banned
Is part 5 going to be made for TV too? Sorry, haven't really followed any news or threads in fear of spoilers.
Part 5 is one of the most popular parts in Europe and Japan, so it's definitely getting adapted. Probably gonna get announced in February.

Expect them to pull out all the stops with Part 5. You wouldn't take the most popular arc of your comic and just half-ass it. Unless your name is Sam Raimi, of course.

xezuru

I know I'm going to sound like a piece of shit, but do any of the future parts stop being the sort of Villain of the week type formula and be hugely HUGELY story/character based? I went into the series with the anime thinking part1 was phenomenal, then part 2 was pretty good, and being unfortunately utterly disapointed with the remaining 2. I really want to love it too :(

cntr

Banned
Yes and no. The parts do focus more and more on the characters and character development, but it'll always be stand-of-the-week.

I know I'm going to sound like a piece of shit, but do any of the future parts stop being the sort of Villain of the week type formula and be hugely HUGELY story/character based? I went into the series with the anime thinking part1 was phenomenal, then part 2 was pretty good, and being unfortunately utterly disapointed with the remaining 2. I really want to love it too :(

You should ask that question in this thread.

Siegcram

I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive. But no the basic device of different stand encounters leading up to a boss never goes away for any of the parts that have already wrapped up.

Permanently A

It remains pretty solidly villain of the week until Part 7, which deftly retains the villain of the week formula but also mixes it up with character moments and pivotal events that aren't stand fights. Its also why Part 7 is the best part.

Can I steal this for my avi please 🙏🏾

---

I just started my new frontier into the JoJo bizarre universe and I have finally finished this season. I'm not gonna lie, it made me cry...I'm sadly a softy but this was a great season. After coming from Harmon being the main power to shifting the series to stands, I think this season reaffirms that stands will never get tiring. When Harmon was around, even I struggled to see the heights of where it could go since I felt it was naturally stagnant by design. It required special breathing and I just didn't like that design. I absolutely love Jotaru and Josuke became my new fav. Its sad papa Joseph (fav) really didn't do much this season as it focused heavily on moriah and the crew but I do wish his role had played a bigger part in josuke development. I still kind of don't know why he even came tbh..since they only shared one moment. Rohan gave me LOOKS this whole season so it was a success for me. Now I look forward to whatever is next

Jigolo

Here's a complete list of all the changes made in the BDs to Yoshikage Kira Wants To Live Quietly, Part 1.

The site, JoJo Comparisons, is really cool and I highly recommend it. If you haven't heard of it before, it allows you to compare the shots from the BD to the TV version, slide right for TV, and left for BD. Now that I look at it more, KQ actually looks a lot better in several places. Not perfect, but not an abomination either.

I wish HxH had fans like this. Hell if they even had something half as detailed I'd be fine. I've been looking for changes between the BDs and anime since October with absolutely no luck

Here's a complete list of all the changes made in the BDs to Yoshikage Kira Wants To Live Quietly, Part 1.

The site, JoJo Comparisons, is really cool and I highly recommend it. If you haven't heard of it before, it allows you to compare the shots from the BD to the TV version, slide right for TV, and left for BD. Now that I look at it more, KQ actually looks a lot better in several places. Not perfect, but not an abomination either.

I'll never understand how those KQ emblems made it to the TV. Like, they look like something you'd see in an intentionally poorly drawn JoJo fancomic. Someone just drew some scribbles and gave up

Yeah that website is amazing, highly recommended.

edit: https://jojocomparisons.github.io/jojo-bt-13/ wow what the fuck

I don't remember Joseph looking so bad

Someone on another forum was talking about how amazing season 1 looks and how it really improved on everything compared to the manga and I just replied like "lol no". Even the fixed up version ain't all that great

I'll never understand how those KQ emblems made it to the TV. Like, they look like something you'd see in an intentionally poorly drawn JoJo fancomic. Someone just drew some scribbles and gave up

When you're crunched for time, you're going to produce some subpar work just so something can be ready to air.

Ok I need help finding a specific Jojo meme video.

I forget how it started but basically Kira's standing around as Kawajiri Kousaku and he hears someone say "Kira Yoshikage, [list of personal details]" and its his stalker coworker.

Neoxon

Yeah, Killer Queen (while not as much of an improvement as I was hoping) definitely looks better than it did in the TV version.

jett

D-Member

I've gotten so used to seeing those dumb shadows that Kira's "girlfriend" looks super strange uncensored. :p

So when the FUCK do we get the Part 5 announcement.

I need more JoJo's.

Also the friend of mine who didn't like season one is currently loving Season 2 on Toonami.

Other friend is slowly watching eps with me and she doesn't hate it yet so that's cool. She's digging Baron Zapelli and Hamon so far.

Top Bottom