• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Since we're talking about Marvel the other day I was thinking I'd love to see an "Agents of Speedwagon" spin-off---it's clear they probably do a lot behind the scenes to ensure the general public doesn't learn about Stands and help clean up the main cast's messes. I don't think Araki really cares much about that, like Josuke destroying the hospital in Highway Star was glossed over, but I think it'd be a fun concept if Araki ever allows the franchise to expand beyond his work.

I think it'd be neat to see "normals" fight Stand Users like Hayato did, give them some cool non-Stand abilities like the earlier characters had though. Or limit them all to very niche utility Stands that have no combat ability, but are useful otherwise.

I mean, DIO over Heaven basically is God Emperor Doom.

INB4 Molecule Man is the Holy Corpse.

David Pro should adapt Eyes of Heaven, would love to see that.

That story isn't that great, sadly. It's by far the most stereotypical "big bad in an anime" plot that's ever graced JoJo, and it's painfully obvious the settings, characters, and dialogue are restricted by the game's budget as a video game. It's by no means a bad story as an anime game, but it's not a great JoJo story on its own. It'd need some heavy rewrites to make it work. And I mean heavy.

Neoxon

Since we're talking about Marvel the other day I was thinking I'd love to see an "Agents of Speedwagon" spin-off---it's clear they probably do a lot behind the scenes to ensure the general public doesn't learn about Stands and help clean up the main cast's messes. I don't think Araki really cares much about that, like Josuke destroying the hospital in Highway Star was glossed over, but I think it'd be a fun concept if Araki ever allows the franchise to expand beyond his work.

I think it'd be neat to see "normals" fight Stand Users like Hayato did, give them some cool non-Stand abilities like the earlier characters had though. Or limit them all to very niche utility Stands that have no combat ability, but are useful otherwise.
I feel like the Speedwagon Foundation is a mix of SHIELD & Damage Control within the JoJo universe.

Style

Banned
KZ3LChT.jpg

Source.

Nightbird

I'm curious, now that Jojo is over (for now):

Which Animes is Jojo-Gaf watching and/or looking forward to)?

For me it's Gintama and Little Witch Academia.

Gintama is one of my favorite series ever in anime and manga, and i'm especially curious about how the next season is going to be like since it's likely going to be the last season, and the series has been moved to a late-night slot.

Little Witch Academia is going to be very interesting. The two OVA's were one of my biggest surprises last year since i did not expect to enjoy it as much as i ended up doing.
If the full series can maintain such a quality while being as well animated as the OVA's were, it might be an early candidate for AotY 2017 in my eyes

Just to let you guys know, there's a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unabridgable abridged series, made by a guy named Weaboss that's a sequel to Antfish's JJBATAS (the returning characters have the same personalities as in JJBATAS, and it references the past series a few times).

Episode 1 - Shine On, You Crazy Pompadour Prince

Episode 2 - Shine On, You Pervy Milkman

While it's not as good as Antfish's JJBATAS (that being said, considering how good that masterful work of an abridged series was, I don't think many people would be able to match it), I liked it enough and enjoyed my time with it (though I do think some jokes run on a little too long).

What do you guys think?

Neoxon

Just to let you guys know, there's a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unabridgable abridged series, made by a guy named Weaboss that's a sequel to Antfish's JJBATAS (the returning characters have the same personalities as in JJBATAS, and it references the past series a few times).

Episode 1 - Shine On, You Crazy Pompadour Prince

Episode 2 - Shine On, You Pervy Milkman

While it's not as good as Antfish's JJBATAS (that being said, considering how good that masterful work of an abridged series was, I don't think many people would be able to match it), I liked it enough and enjoyed my time with it (though I do think some jokes run on a little too long).

What do you guys think?
Antfish is busy with TeamFourStar stuff, so I can understand why he didn't go back to doing his JoJo Abridged series. That said, I've been following the DiU Abridged series for a while, & I'm liking it quite a bit. Weeaboss also transplanted the Antfish audio for some of the Stardust Crusaders Abridged series into David Production's Stardust Crusaders adaptation footage.

Antfish is busy with TeamFourStar stuff, so I can understand why he didn't go back to doing his JoJo Abridged series. That said, I've been following the DiU Abridged series for a while, & I'm liking it quite a bit. Weeaboss also transplanted the Antfish audio for some of the Stardust Crusaders Abridged series into David Production's Stardust Crusaders adaptation footage.

Yeah. Apparently he'll be voicing a character in DiU Abridged, though, so it's nice to be able to see him back again. I really loved his PB Abridged, though I can understand that TFS and other VA projects are taking his time now. For DiU Abridged so far,

Favourite joke:
Autotune Ultimate Kars. Pure genius.

Least favourite joke:
I think the "gay shit" with Angelo in Ep. 2 runs on too long. It was funny when Josuke was talking about it, but I felt he dragged it into the ground after the scene in the kitchen.

TI82

Banned
Just finally watched the finale, loved it. Especially how they all had a part in the final battle. And seeing all the side characters again, even
the graveyard

Freaking
Okuyasu got me thinking he was actually dead too.

Also though the way the ending was structured was very interesting especially
that kira went back to his original face. Sad that the kid wont get his Dad back though. Freaking psycho.

ANYWAYS, when does part 5 start

Astral

Is Akira the only character not in an opening? The silhouettes in the first one showing every single characters don't count.

The Enigma fight was one I had forgotten existed until I saw it in the Anime again.

It's pretty brilliant when you think about it. Very little buildup is given to the fight itself; we don't see the Stand's powers until they're directly used on Josuke, and even then Terunosuke goes to great lengths to remain secretive about it. Until he gives the whole schpiel while gloating and winds up being
literally punched into a book.

The anime does this in the same way. He only has one appearance (at the end of SHA Part 2), and you'd only see him if you were looking for him. Aside from that, he comes out of nowhere. Koichi and Tomoko disappear, and Josuke decides to enlist Yuuya's help in finding the Stand user.

Top Bottom