• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinky

When you hear part 4 has good scans your are hearing it ironically or the retranslations. Part 4's original scans were infamously bad (or amazing if you like engrish). The retranslation is somewhat close to being done so if you read Part 3 now then you will probably get a completed retranslation of Part 4 by the time you catch up.

Yeah I did meant the retranslation. I am aware of the Duwang scans which are really hilarious.

啊啊啊啊啊啊

Erigu

Well, I'm talking only about the spelling, no way that god knows what number rebooted universe's son of Jonathan is actually canon along with all that other crazy shit, but it's not like that automatically makes a spelling wrong.
I was talking about the spelling as well. I don't think there's any reason to take the "Jorge" thing seriously, considering it comes from that novel in particular and nothing else.
Besides, it's "George II". Bit weird to name him "II" if his name actually isn't the same as his grandfather's.

Haha, well, you just never really know with Japanese written names. At least it's not like some of Togashi's names for Hunter X Hunter characters.

Tizoc

Jorge/George II is all the same to me.
Would love to read the light novels someday though.

In regards to All-Star Battle, the recent reveals seemed to be:
Good guy+Bad guy

We already got one set for Part 2 and for 4, wonder if we'll see any for 3 and 5-7?
COME ON WEKAPIPO+SOUNDMAN!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I decided to check out the last few chapters of 4 that has DUWANG.

Oh god what's up with its grammar... and how come there's this weird single character?!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
If Akira can get in, I would say almost anyone can. He was so unmemorable.
Speaks volumes about the greatness of part 4 :)

So I decided to check out the last few chapters of 4 that has DUWANG.

Oh god what's up with its grammar... and how come there's this weird single character?!
Because 啊. The translation is so bad it's amazing.

Because 啊. The translation is so bad it's amazing.

tumblr_mcdkvvCSsa1rcwc9lo1_500.jpg

Well I don't know exactly how bad this one is, but it's a classic.

I actually read DUWANG with little difficulty, I don't think my brain actually processed all the mistakes, that or it just straight up ignored them all.

Same with me, but on my second try. I seriously couldn't stand DUWANG at first (mostly the scan quality) and skipped right to Vento Aureo. Now it's one of my favorite parts so it goes to show you that you shouldn't ignore it anyways.

tumblr_mlbhwbnMjm1qb7j9wo1_500.png

Posting this one only because of jojokes

Alrite, I just started reading Part 4. the Duwang isn't that bad. It's actually understandable, i thought it would barely even be english. I guess it gets much worse, because, right now there isn't a shitload of grammatical errors.

Josuke is awesome. But his hair looks like shit.

Jotaro is cool, I guess. I like how he's actually trying to show some emotion.

Joseph you dog, how many bastards do you have roaming around? Shame we don't get to see him, he must be pushing 90? now, so he's probably ancient.

Boss Doggie

Alrite, I just started reading Part 4. the Duwang isn't that bad. It's actually understandable, i thought it would barely even be english. I guess it gets much worse, because, right now there isn't a shitload of grammatical errors.

Josuke is awesome. But his hair looks like shit.

Jotaro is cool, I guess. I like how he's actually trying to show some emotion.

Joseph you dog, how many bastards do you have roaming around? Shame we don't get to see him, he must be pushing 90? now, so he's probably ancient.

Wait, I thought Duwang scans have been removed save for the last few chapters?

Well, it's not like just because a retranslation exists DUWANG was going to be erased from existence. Besides, afaik most manga reading sites haven't or don't care to swith the scans.

Boss Doggie

Well, it's not like just because a retranslation exists DUWANG was going to be erased from existence. Besides, afaik most manga reading sites haven't or don't care to swith the scans.

Ahh I see. I always thought everyone updated.

So DUWANG is like Dio huh?

laaame

I've actually noticed there is the duwang scan out there that has been (slightly) edited. They sorta fixed the garmmar and took out the obscene swearing, but you can still find random ABAJ's on the pages which let you know its authentic.

@Alim: I'm not sure why you are reading the duwang(?) when the rescan exists.

啊

laaame

^
Btw thanks for linking to that tumblr a while back when you posted the jojolion comic strip. Found some great art and comic strips.

One of my favorites that isn't too spoilery.
tumblr_mippsbyFD61qmh94to1_1280.png

tumblr_mippsbyFD61qmh94to2_1280.png

I've actually noticed there is the duwang scan out there that has been (slightly) edited. They sorta fixed the garmmar and took out the obscene swearing, but you can still find random ABAJ's on the pages which let you know its authentic.

@Alim: I'm not sure why you are reading the duwang(?) when the rescan exists.

啊

1. I'm lazy
2. It's legible still.

I had thought the Duwang was random and not even english. it's not so bad.

Alrite you folks convinced me to read the rescans. I was tired of using online readers anyways, those sites are always so slow.

I can't believe Joseph turned into a senile old man. He's got to be screwing around, he just has too.

So as I watch the anime of part 1 into part 2 with some friends one of them asked "is speed wagons sole job in the plot to narrate back to us every play by play of the plot in case we weren't paying attention?" It's funny as an old man under nazi torture he still feels the need to narrate everything lol

So as I watch the anime of part 1 into part 2 with some friends one of them asked "is speed wagons sole job in the plot to narrate back to us every play by play of the plot in case we weren't paying attention?" It's funny as an old man under nazi torture he still feels the need to narrate everything lol

Speedwagon died for our sins and ascended into heaven. he was too good for this sinful earth,

Boss Doggie

Narration is pretty common back in the 70's and 80's, Jojo just turned it into a character.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sidekicks whose sole purpose is to make the main character look better/serve as the envoy of the author to the reader are nothing new!

Somax

Just bought Jojolion volume 1, so happy right now lol...even if I still have to go through SBR

So it's out?
Good, I need to stop by the comics shop and buy it asap... I decided I'll stop with the reprint after Stone Ocean, and keep the "original" version for both SBR and Jojolion.

Mr.Ock

So it's out?
Good, I need to stop by the comics shop and buy it asap... I decided I'll stop with the reprint after Stone Ocean, and keep the "original" version for both SBR and Jojolion.

Yes, it came out yesterday, went to the comic shop, also got a Jojolion poster!
And, I'm doing the exact same thing as you, I'm not even sure SBR will be republished in the "big" format, and I also like the colorful SBR covers!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seems Romi Park is voicing Koichi in the PS3 game.

Which is weird since she did Giorno in the Part 5 Dreamcast fighter, yet he's voiced by a different dude now. :0

Lirlond

New jojolion. Im guessing Joushuus stand will work like Bruno's, but with screws connecting joints rather than random zippers. The big question is whether he can control his seperated body parts.

I also take it the leaves are sliding anything that touches them along a set path? This is the only confusing part for me lol.

Mr.Ock

Hey guys, stupid request but whatever lol; I can't find anywhere an image of Kira's tie pattern (the little skulls) to use as a background for my phone... have you got something?

Articalys

I was literally just about to post that.

Looks like it's a live event for the official JoJo anime radio show, with the VAs for Jonathan, Joseph, Speedwagon, Erina, and Caesar in attendance, along with a performance from the guy who sings the first OP.

Combined with the fact that David Production is hiring, there's a good chance they might announce Stardust Crusaders there. Don't take my word for it though.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
A special event for an anime that already finished airing is kinda suspect.

Tizoc

New jojolion. Im guessing Joushuus stand will work like Bruno's, but with screws connecting joints rather than random zippers. The big question is whether he can control his seperated body parts.

I also take it the leaves are sliding anything that touches them along a set path? This is the only confusing part for me lol.

Might wanna put that in spoilers...

JoJoLion Ch. 20
Damnit Araki, pick up the pace!
So is the Stand User the neighbourhood or what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom