• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Rohan, he's such a dick. Of all the side characters in part 4, he gets a ton of screentime.

Kira is an okay villain.

Joseph isn't even a side character. He's a background character now. What a sad fate.

Only in joJo can a game of Rock paper scissors be so epic.

Josuke is pretty cool.

So, how many volumes are still left before they're caught up? I don't wanna go back to Duwang.

fertygo

I like Rohan, he's such a dick. Of all the side characters in part 4, he gets a ton of screentime.

Kira is an okay villain.

Joseph isn't even a side character. He's a background character now. What a sad fate.

Only in joJo can a game of Rock paper scissors be so epic.

Josuke is pretty cool.

So, how many volumes are still left before they're caught up? I don't wanna go back to Duwang.

Six, I guess.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, poor Spin - it really is alt universe's Ripple. Hyped up as something awesome but eventually forgotten.

I dunno Johnny's Stand utilizes the Spin doesn't it?

Yea, he needs to use the spin to do the techniques that he does throughout the manga. He also needs to be on his horse to form the golden rectangle and get the spin right for his best techniques.

I still don't understand how the spin actually effects alternate dimensions like how the Valentine's stand works, besides Araki just saying it does about something something, gravity transferring between dimensions blah blah blah. It sort of made it seem like a 7th hour powerup (thanks tvtopes) just to give them a fighting chance against what is seemingly an unstoppable power.

Tizoc

Wait he can only utilize the Golden Rectangle if he's on his horse? I thought he just needed to visualize it and blammo Super Spinny attack.

As for the final Spin form, all I know is Act
4 lets him launch a Spin that'll chase the target til they are dead

No, the golden rectangle can be used at any time, I'd equate being on the horse with having the stand pierced with the arrow in a way, it's the only way to awaken his stand's most powerful form.

Wait he can only utilize the Golden Rectangle if he's on his horse? I thought he just needed to visualize it and blammo Super Spinny attack.

As for the final Spin form, all I know is Act
4 lets him launch a Spin that'll chase the target til they are dead

How far are you in SBR?

If you didn't reach the end do not highlight
Yea, him on his horse form the golden rectangle so he can do things like have the holes of the nails enter and spin things into non existence. I think it's act 2 is when he learned he can move the holes after shooting, because he used it during the soundman fight. Act 3 is entering holes and Act 4 is super spinning that can resets a person forever. When Dio cut off his leg that was shot by nails in the last part of the race and threw it at Johnny, Johnny got locked down and was dying from his own power because he was off his horse and couldn't reverse the spin. That is until Steven Steel came by and put Johnny on a horse, so he can form a proper golden rectangle and reverse the effect so he doesn't die, but that disqualifies him from the race since it wasn't his horse.

edit: I thought basically the horse makes it an even larger and better golden rectangle when on the horse. That's why
Zeppelli and Johnny had their best attacks on a horse, with that super spin that effects Valentine through his dimensions

He means forgotten after SBR.

oh yeah : (

Jojolion is Jojo post part 3ish now. Given the direction part 8 went with the slice of life angle it makes sense. Wonder when we are going to learn how people get stands

I'm pretty sure people getting bitten gave them stands. Joshuu & Yashino had them

Lirlond

Daily reminder: josukes hair looks like crap.

TukyuGp.png

Beckx

Just saw Play-Asia's price for the limited edition of ASB. $349. They are high. I could get the game and 2-3 much cooler items from HobbyLinkJapan for that.

-----

Started to watch vol 2 the other night but my son (who had walked by a few times when I was watching vol 1 a few months ago and got engrossed by it) heard the opening thing and ran in and stopped me. I am no longer allowed to watch without him. Makes me far prouder than any report card.

Mr.Ock

Reading Stone Ocean... the meteorite control stand is a great idea, shame it lasted so little, I also liked Jailhouse Lock. So far I'm liking it more than Part V (minus the setting, but maybe I'm a bit biased there), I don't understand the people that told me that it's the "worst" part

Erigu

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56770374]Stone Ocean is definitely one of the top parts and anyone who says otherwise is an ass.[/QUOTE]
Let's say it's in the top 8.

I know this is kind of a weird thing to say about any Jojo part, but Stone Ocean is just too over-the-top. The battles are so completely insane (and long, and they happen one after another with almost no break) that part 6 is just exhausting to read. I think Jolyne is one of the best protagonists in the whole series, though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, Jolyne is a really good protagonist, but I feel Part 6 as a whole is weak. I personally don't remember enough about it to give a specific reason anymore though.

Tizoc

So I had this bizarre dream that there was a new JoJo All-Stars trailer/teaser released and I was watching it.
...it Koichi and Secco in it.

Mr.Ock

from the Izanagi magazine.

Man Japanese don't fuck around when it comes to cosplay, do they?

Regarding Stone Ocean, ok, I feel the whole Dio-Pucci meetings retcon is kinda forced, but it's not a big deal... the Dio sons thing however, Araki kinda throws it there without no further explanation... oh well I still have to finish it so we'll see

Big0Bear

I really enjoy stone ocean the most I think, either that or arch 5. I really did enjoy the characters and the fights but I will say the end was a bit meh too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom