• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Pucci is my favorite antagonist, great backstory and he develop as much as Jolyne with the story goes.

And he successfully damages the group in the progress, take that Dio.

Pucci is a great villain. He's only second to Kira in that respect. His deranged motivations weren't the whole "I just want to be anonymous!!1!" shtick Diavolo had (which was just a retread of Kira imo). Yes, he wants peace of mind like almost every JoJo villain. It was all connected to fate, which was a good connection to DIO and the legacy of the Joestars. It also doesn't hurt that Pucci is charismatic as fuck + sweet stands.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Pucci was a top villain. Jolyne and him are kind of what make Stone Ocean for me (that and all the fuckery on display, of course). His stands are hype as hell, too.

Pappasman

Well considering pucci is the most successful villain in the series (he pretty much wins) I think that automatically makes him the best.

Jaxec

Now that i slept on it. I have to say that i really liked part 6, not as good as 4 but certainly an improvement over 5. Jolyne is only outclassed by best JoJo as far as protagonists go so far.

You mean Josuke, right?

What if...

The DVDs sold bad because...

The Jojo anime isn't that good to begin with?

Hmm.

7r0tUcaCNKt7FZlWA5eEnu.jpg

Pucci is a great villain. He's only second to Kira in that respect. His deranged motivations weren't the whole "I just want to be anonymous!!1!" shtick Diavolo had (which was just a retread of Kira imo). Yes, he wants peace of mind like almost every JoJo villain. It was all connected to fate, which was a good connection to DIO and the legacy of the Joestars. It also doesn't hurt that Pucci is charismatic as fuck + sweet stands.

Thank you. Pucci is an awesome antagonist. I've talked with people who just call him a DIO fanboy/henchman and it always confuses me why they would think that. Though I would put Kira and Valentine above Pucci.

Pucci was a top villain. Jolyne and him are kind of what make Stone Ocean for me (that and all the fuckery on display, of course). His stands are hype as hell, too.

Whole-heartedly agree with this.

Tizoc

Can I just say that Pucci is one sexy looking dude? Dat bod, dat face, DEM POSES, hnnnnnng

Also we are now 1 week away from first JoJo Part 4 details, pray to DIO that it won't be TOEI doing the animation.

There are 9-10 days left (depending on if UJ leaks before the website updates) until we get actual Part 4 details! I wonder what exactly they'll tell us...

Jaxec

Can I just say that Pucci is one sexy looking dude? Dat bod, dat face, DEM POSES, hnnnnnng

Also we are now 1 week away from first JoJo Part 4 details, pray to DIO that it won't be TOEI doing the animation.

Almost had a heart attack thinking about that.

I've talked with people who just call him a DIO fanboy/henchman and it always confuses me why they would think that.

Well it's not like they're wrong. He IS DIO's biggest fanboy/henchman (along with Vanila Ice). The entire reason he does what he does in part 6 is because of/in the name of DIO. He hates the Joestars not because of himself but because of DIO. This does not make him in any way a lesser character however. If anything it just makes it better how he managed to accomplish what his master could not.

saher

Banned
Reading part 6 for the first time and i gotta say im loving it ,the visitor and hermes's kiss chapters are my fav so far.

lmxCFtw.png

I love how the whole part feels like a long extension of SC's start

2.png

Jaxec

Reading part 6 for the first time and i gotta say im loving it ,the visitor and hermes's kiss chapters are my fav so far

Glad you're enjoying Stone Ocean. Yeah I also also enjoyed those chapters since Hermes is a favorite of mine. If I may ask how are you liking Jolyne as the main so far? How would you rank your favorite parts based on what you read so far?

saher

Banned
Glad you're enjoying Stone Ocean. Yeah I also also enjoyed those chapters since Hermes is a favorite of mine. If I may ask how are you liking Jolyne as the main so far? How would you rank your favorite parts based on what you read so far?

Im loving her more than giorno and josuke thats for sure,Jolyne and Hermes make a great jojo duo.

Tizoc

Guys I can't take this anymore, where are the leaks?!
WHEN ARE THE LEAKS?!!??
I NEED MY PART 4 ANIME FIX DIO-DANGIT.

The English JoJoniums are very worth getting. Fantastic quality paper, great translation, pretty much no censorship (Danny isn't a rat!), etc. I can't remember if any of Dio's baddies' names have been changed in Part 1.

D-Man

The English JoJoniums are very worth getting. Fantastic quality paper, great translation, pretty much no censorship (Danny isn't a rat!), etc. I can't remember if any of Dio's baddies' names have been changed in Part 1.

Agreed with all of this. I've been getting every volume on Day 1 and I am pretty impressed with how well Viz has been handling the series. There's only been a few name changes (Bruford = Blueford, Santana = Santviento, etc.) but the translation is actually very faithful to the original and significantly better than the anime's dub.

I fully recommend picking them up.

Jaxec

We're so close to news about Part 4 (less than a week). The wait is killing me. I hope David Production is still somehow involved with this. I also need all the ASB voices to return, especially Kamiya as Rohan. I'm looking forward to Rohan calling Josuke an asshole.

So I'm about 2 chapters away from finishing the Japanese adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn (aka SBR).

I need somebody to hold me once the journey is all over

Squishy3

So I'm about 2 chapters away from finishing the Japanese adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn (aka SBR).

I need somebody to hold me once the journey is all over
The journey isn't over until you catch up on Jojolion and wonder what is even happening like the rest of us

Diamond is Unbreakable in April!

Josuke: Yuki Ono (Wataru Hatano in ASB previously)
Koichi: Yuki Kaji (Romi Park previously)
Okiyasu: Wataru Takagi
Rohan: Takahiro Sakurai (Hiroshi Kamiya)
Jotaro: Daisuke Ono

Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Director: Toshiyuki Kato
Chief Director: Yuuta Takamura
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi Character Design: Terumi Nishii
Stand Design/Action Animation Director: Kenta Mimuro
Sub-Character Design: Shun'ichi Ishimoto
Prop Design: Yukitoshi Hōtani
Art Setting: Kaoru Aoki, Junko Nagasawa
Color Key: Yuko Sato
Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
Director of Photography: Kazuhiro Yamada
Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Music: Yuugo Kanno
Animation Production: David Production

NvJYxr4.jpg

Jaxec

Now that I researched some more...I don't like the voice actor they chose for Rohan. Kamiya was the perfect choice.

I swear to God if I don't hear Kappei Yamaguchi as Fatty or Rikiya Koyama as Kira then it's literally over. I don't even like Part 4 but the casting was so on point in ASB. Literally flawless.

Yonafunu

I'm not too bothered by the changes in the cast, but I'm a bit apprehensive about Yuki Ono and Yuki Kaji. Then again, Stardust Crusaders worked out great, so I have faith.

Edit: Kira better be Koyama tho

JayEH

I really don't follow Japanese voice actors that much but the change from ASB to Part 3 in the cast was good so I hope that continues onto 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom