• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

Ladies and Gentlemen, we now live in a world where in 2 weeks' time we have our first nugget of information about the JoJo Part 4 anime.

The hype is unreal. It can't come any faster!

Did anybody get the english JoJonium release of Battle Tendency volume 1 today? My copy just arrived at my doorstep and I'm pretty pleased with it.

I'm like three volumes behind on this. Need to get the rest of Phantom Blood and the first of Battle Tendency. How is it?

Ladies and Gentlemen, we now live in a world where in 2 weeks' time we have our first nugget of information about the JoJo Part 4 anime.

details on this?

Did anybody get the english JoJonium release of Battle Tendency volume 1 today? My copy just arrived at my doorstep and I'm pretty pleased with it.

I thought I had forgotten to pre-order it but I just saw that I did that back in August. I haven't checked but I usually get my stuff a little bit later from Amazon Germany since I live in Switzerland.

Nairume

Banned
Mine just got here, too.

Looks like we're stuck with Santviento going forward :p

D-Man

I'm like three volumes behind on this. Need to get the rest of Phantom Blood and the first of Battle Tendency. How is it?

It's actually pretty good. The translation is well done (besides lol Santviento) and the book is the thickest one yet. Viz has been handling this release pretty well so far.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I wonder if Viz have plans to release more Jojonium books once Battle Tendency wraps up. Would be a shame if they never get to 4 and beyond, even if band name changes will get a little wild, I'd still like to have my favorite parts on a shelf.

Nairume

Banned
I wonder if Viz have plans to release more Jojonium books once Battle Tendency wraps up. Would be a shame if they never get to 4 and beyond, even if band name changes will get a little wild, I'd still like to have my favorite parts on a shelf.
I'd say maybe the issue will be that JoJonium itself stops with part 3 in Japan, but, given how they take three months between each printing, they may very well start with part 4 by that point. Would make sense for them to reprint it anyway with the Part 4 anime happening. If it happens, I'll definitely gladly keep buying them.

Also, I guess they full on are sticking with the Crunchy Roll names at this point,
since something as minor as Donovan was left as Donobang
. Consistency is nice, I suppose.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dang, I could've sworn they had Jojonium'd up most of the franchise over in Japan, didn't know they haven't gone past Stardust Crusaders still. Well, then.

Tizoc

tumblr_nx8cnbpsLM1s2kojso1_540.png

Thank goodness I never watched the 2000s OVA series

tumblr_nx4hdn4bkq1s2kojso1_1280.png

Pucci enters DIO's world.

tumblr_nwqanfJuTE1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

I just now realized Weather was in the fucking piano.

I'd think they'd just move into releasing the Part 4 volumes over here and not wait for a hypothetical part 4 Jojonium.

Assuming they do get to release Part 4, I'd be OK with needing to change some stand names, but I would love it if they could somehow sneak some Duwang in there.

Jaxec

It's actually pretty good. The translation is well done (besides lol Santviento) and the book is the thickest one yet. Viz has been handling this release pretty well so far.

That's great to hear. Gonna go order mine now.

I'd think they'd just move into releasing the Part 4 volumes over here and not wait for a hypothetical part 4 Jojonium.

Damn. I really hope more JoJonium is released because if parts 4-6 get released in North America and they're not Jojonium then all my volumes wouldn't be the same and that'll bug me...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, Bruno confirmed for Eyes of Heaven. Other Part 5 characters confirmed are Diavolo, Trish Una, & Vinegar Doppio.

Squishy3

why do weather report's snails heal whatever bullshit pucci/dio did to mind control them?

edit: oh, it's a piece of jesus. still looks like a snail

jgminto

I've lost a lot of interest in EoH's story. Everything I've seen looks like pure fanfic tier. I'm just waiting for the 36 Kars from Mars to appear at this point.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I've lost a lot of interest in EoH's story. Everything I've seen looks like pure fanfic tier. I'm just waiting for the 36 Kars from Mars to appear at this point.

what have you done

they approach

tumblr_mtlv6yAn491qdiw9jo2_500.png

According to the rightstuf CEO, the Jojo DVD's sold like garbage over here.

Not surprising, considering the bargain bin presentation and terrible marketing.

Jaxec

I've finished part 6.... what

Welcome to the other side.

Congrats! Now you can start the superior part 7.

Agreed.

Not surprising, considering the bargain bin presentation and terrible marketing.

Well with something like JoJo the fan base here is really hardcore and dedicated. So if you shit all over what should have been an amazing blu-Ray, the fans will response in kind.

The story of EoH feels like DBZ Xenoverse but better

I am ok with that

It's so sad to think that that is entirely well deserved.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I really can't get over how bad EoH looks.

Despite the significant additional detail, it really has that PS2 look (flat, simple environments, barely rigged characters with unnatural animations, voice acting with long pauses between each sentence). I guess I could just pretend they went for a retro feel intentionally.

That's how CC2 usually does it, even for their more popular Naruto series. They save all the good looking stuff for in game battles/bosses or certain cutscenes. EoH probably won't even those bombastic boss battles until maybe the end though.

Nice to hear about Trish. Still salted over Part 7 to care though.

Tecl0n

Now that i slept on it. I have to say that i really liked part 6, not as good as 4 but certainly an improvement over 5. Jolyne is only outclassed by best JoJo as far as protagonists go so far.

In a franchise named Jojo's Bizarre adventure, it says something that 6 is the weirdest part

bohemian step it up a notch, damn. I mean, world ending stands already appeared in part 5 but goddamn they took it to heart in this part.

Welcome to the other side.
quite literally.

Congrats! Now you can start the superior part 7.

I'll probably take a while before starting part 7.

Part 6 is good stuff, though compared to the other series you don't see much talk about it. Kind of the odd child of the series I think.

Jolyne definitely has my favorite main protagonist stand. I don't know how string-based powers became cool but dat dere Araki worked that magic.

On one hand I feel this is justified considering the hilariously awful release, but on the other hand they'll probably take it as a "Alright guys, no more JoJo, it clearly doesn't have a market!" sign. I did my part and bought the DVD anyway, but it's easily one of the crappiest anime DVDs I've purchased in years.

...the Phantom Blood dub is a lot of fun, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hopefully they see the reason it sold like garbage because they treated the release like garbage. Plus come on, no Blu-Ray doesn't help either.

Hopefully the digital versions are faring a bit better.

Hatty

The manga is certainly better
but you can say that about most shows based on manga and they still sell well. Must be the marketing

of course that dvd sold like shit, it should've been the blu ray and they should've actually put some damn effort into it, then I would've been all over that.

I really really like Part 6 and everything from Survivor onwards is really good.

part 6 had a shitty bad guy but i also really liked it a lot. the stands are just fucking bonkers in it, best stands as far as part 3-7 go (still haven't started jojolion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom