• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

I can't believe it's next week. Time sure did fly. I wonder what kind of teaser they'll show? I hope it involves someone insulting Josuke's hair. I still can't believe we're actually getting a part 4 anime, it feels like a dream. With this being my Araki's favorite part (as well as mine) I hope they go all out. If they do then Highway Star is gonna be an amazing ride when it finally airs.

Also if anyone wants to hear Sugita and Wamuu's VA sing bloody stream (it starts at (5:11). It's awesome.

http://youtu.be/3xv5nE4Tn4I

ionitron

So I'm reading part 5 and I'm kinda bored. Small arc with Sex Pistols just begun. Just had a quick question.

Part 5 had a decent start, the part with Giorno and the candle was pretty good and the aftermath was pretty awesome, but does it pick up later? I'd say that it took at a while for part 4 to really do it for me but when it did, I loved it. Right now I'm finding part 5 a little of a chore to read, but I'm mainly doing it because I hear part 6 is also really, really good.

Squishy3

Part 5 is very love it or hate it and the retranslation still isn't complete.

I don't care what anyone says, Part 6 is really good.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Stone Ocean's one of my favorites, but it's generally only decently liked, not thought of as one of the best.

Hatty

Stone Ocean is great, like all of JoJo. Are you reading the new part 5 translation? It improved my opinion of the characters

Jaxec

So I'm reading part 5 and I'm kinda bored. Small arc with Sex Pistols just begun. Just had a quick question.

Part 5 had a decent start, the part with Giorno and the candle was pretty good and the aftermath was pretty awesome, but does it pick up later? I'd say that it took at a while for part 4 to really do it for me but when it did, I loved it. Right now I'm finding part 5 a little of a chore to read, but I'm mainly doing it because I hear part 6 is also really, really good.

Although the current scans for part 5 leave a lot to be desired (a lot), I was able to enjoy it for the battles. I read somewhere that dialogue is a big part of characterization for this part and that is why it suffers a lot due to the translations. To answer your question I think it picks up starting from the Grateful Dead on. I remember starting part 5 and stopping at Sex Pistols for like a year because I just couldn't and then willed my way past it. One of my favorite arcs happens to be the Boss's King Crimson and at that point I really began diggin part 5. So I'd tried to at least get to the the Grearful Dead.

Also I really liked Part 6 too. Jolyne is not only an awesome JoJo, but also an awesome female character (one of my favorites in manga). Part 6 also gets really bizarre and more seinen in my opinion. I've seen mixed opinions on this part, but ultimately it's a part I really like.

Pappasman

4, 5, and 6 all have slow starts but keep getting better and better. 5 i wasn't a huge fan of, but by the time I finished it I really liked it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part 6 is right in the middle for me. I'd take it over parts 1 & 5, but I still prefer 2 & 4.

I guess maybe my 3rd favorite? Hard for me to rank parts 3, 6, & 7 overall.

If I remember right you just got over the soft serve fight, which was pretty slow. I don't have much to add other than yeah, it picks up around grateful dead and it's either love it or hate it from there.

Part 6 is real messy, but I love the setting and the protagonist and antagonist, which did a lot for me.

Part 6 is kind of messy. The Stands got so complicated that it was ridiculous, which wouldn't really be a problem but some of the fights dragged on and on (Dragon's Dream...) The ending is legit amazing though.

dani_dc

I had a similar experience to yours, enjoyed the start but after that I felt like Part 5 never got interesting again.
There are some fun fights but overall I didn't care for any character or the overall plot.

I often hear the translation justification, but I was suffering from those issues before reaching the bad translations.

Part 6 has some really great points and some really bad ones, but overall I would say it's a pretty good part with one of the better protagonists.

Part 7 is where it's at though.

Some White Album chapters have been cleaned up (Part 5) and Mista has a great line after shooting out Ghiaccio's skates

"Got a kiss for ya too. A guy like you needs fast, hard lovin'...piping hot, with THE ROAD"

*Ghiaccio smacks face first on the highway road*

Tizoc

Some White Album chapters have been cleaned up (Part 5) and Mista has a great line after shooting out Ghiaccio's skates

"Got a kiss for ya too. A guy like you needs fast, hard lovin'...piping hot, with THE ROAD"

*Ghiaccio smacks face first on the highway road*

Mind PMing me with where to read those please? Most I can find is Grateful Dead arc :p

If he has no road roller that would be disappointing. Still, his Hol Horse encounter inspired attack is pretty good looking and hooray for anime time stop effects.

Jaxec

I hope there's Road Roller Da somewhere in the game. If not then I hope God DIO brings down an asteroid or planet and muda mudas the hell out of it.

Also the cover for Jojolion volume 11 looks dope.

dua8PQp.jpg

delSai

I hope my copy of EOH doesn't arrive all that late, would be happy if it shows up this year, but i've a bad feeling about it, had awful luck with preorders this year. Don't let me down Yesasia.
And please release a trailer for Akira tomorrow, Bandai. He's in my top 3 of all Jojo characters.

LPride

Banned
Stone Ocean's one of my favorites, but it's generally only decently liked, not thought of as one of the best.

Too much fighting in Stone Ocean, same problem as 5 for me. Needed more of those moments where the characters get a breather and get to have some fun, like when Jolyne whipped a bottle at the alligators head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom