• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

Hmm alright, and one last question: does Harmon ever start playing a bigger role again?

Nope

So I've been watching JoJo since last week and I'm not really feeling Part 3 at all. What's the consensus on it?

i feel attached to part 3 story arc more so bc it was my first introduction into the series. the 90's had an OVA loosely based on the 3rd story that got me hooked. Knowing this series is following the manga more completely, i more or less watched part 3 to see how much it would compare to the OVA.

Hmm alright, and one last question: does Harmon ever start playing a bigger role again?
After Part 3, it is never used or mentioned again. How far are you in Part 3? Stands get more fleshed out and diverse as it goes on. Also, this is the manga thread. Beware!

EDIT: Someone edited the twitter videos into one cohesive camrip of the PV. Not the greatest fan of the OST at the end. It probably won't be the OP because I have a feeling that a lot of the OST will have vocals. Hip-hop? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StWQEXH4Iz0

Someone edited the twitter videos into one cohesive camrip of the PV. Not the greatest fan of the OST at the end. It probably won't be the OP because I have a feeling that a lot of the OST will have vocals. Hip-hop? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StWQEXH4Iz0
I noticed that title for part 4 in the PV is Diamond is Unbreakable instead of Diamond is not Crash in japan. Looking forward to Part 4 being animated and I hope they do Part 6 someday.

I noticed that title for part 4 in the PV is Diamond is Unbreakable instead of Diamond is not Crash in japan. Looking forward to Part 4 being animated and I hope they do Part 6 someday.

part 4 is Diamond is Unbreakable, Diamond is not Crash is an early translated name so it makes sense it is called Diamond is Unbreakable

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I've been watching JoJo since last week and I'm not really feeling Part 3 at all. What's the consensus on it?
Rather mixed. Some like it because that was their introduction to the series (& it's considered the most popular, partly because it was the one Viz brought over and we got the Capcom fighters as well), others don't feel like the story holds up compared to other parts.

Personally, I feel it's similar to Part 1 where it's alright, but was more about laying the foundation down and then improving upon it in the next part, which is why parts 2 & 4 are my favorite.

Jaxec

Looking back at the LQ teaser I notice that when Crazy Diamond comes out the aura just before is literally diamonds crashing....Sweet Jesus.

They stopped using "not Crash" ever since some time around the first anime and ASB's release iirc? "Is not Crash" never made sense anyways so it's a good thing.

Jaxec

Yeah I know. Never really liked "is not crash" anyway. Always thought "diamond is unbreakable" sounded leagues better. Just thought it was cool that it was diamonds. Makes me wonder if they'll do something unique for each stand summoning.

I'm glad that they got Josuke's bancho attitude down with the way he walks and talks, though.

Dying to see more of the MVP of the arc, Koichi.

Astral

Aw that was more of a teaser than a full trailer. It looks great though. The art style looks better than I thought. Just over 4 months to go...

D-Man

I'm pretty pleased with what they showed in the PV. Josuke's new voice sounds fine (his game voice is still better, imo) and the animation style looks really nice in motion.

Really excited to watch this in April! I hope Kira keeps his ASB and EoH voice...

man, glad i found this thread in the nick of time.
all this great info has me hyped up. nice to see there's interest in Jojo to keep pumping out story arcs. (anime and manga)

i honestly thought it was over after stone ocean a while back.

2015 has been a good year...
Shenmue, FF7Remake, Yakuza 5/0, and this...
can't wait for 2016 =)

imo part 3 is the 2nd weakest part(part 5 being the weakest). jotaro is simply a very dull main character. He's so god damn dry compared to Jonathan's bizarre poses and Joseph's colorful personality. don't worry tho, after Jotaro we have fun leads again. season 2 of part 3 has some dope ass fights tho.

i'm at the other end of the divided opinion of part 3.

i crack up when Jotaro was writing down everything Dan did when the Lovers was inside Joseph =)

yea he has his moments I'll give him that but every dog has their day. My favorite fight in part 3 is EASILY Jotaro vs D'arby #1. oh my god, that shit is pure fucking gold, I just started reading part 8 not to long ago and nothing still compares to that D'arby fight, its soooo fucking hilarious.

Nottle

I think In the west people find it duller than 4 and 2. In Japan I think it's like behind part 5 as the favorite.

Personally I really liked watching part 3. I sort of love how Jotaro is made to come off as the coolest person ever. Like he is ridiculously flawless in his abilities other than sometimes turning around right when something bad happens or not picking up on something right away. I really like Old Joseph and Polnareff is probably my favorite Jojo character. I also like the diverse cast of villains they are up against.

yea he has his moments I'll give him that but every dog has their day. My favorite fight in part 3 is EASILY Jotaro vs D'arby #1. oh my god, that shit is pure fucking gold, I just started reading part 8 not to long ago and nothing still compares to that D'arby fight, its soooo fucking hilarious.

yeah, love that part too! it seems a strong consensus part 4 is favorite, hopefully the anime will do it justice

Good to see they're continuing the matching music references in the character's theme, seemingly to an even greater effect.

weather report's theme is sex.

Astral

I just had a scary thought. What if the part 4 anime only covers everything after Kira's introduction? I gotta see that Pearl Jam episode.

Squishy3

I just had a scary thought. What if the part 4 anime only covers everything after Kira's introduction? I gotta see that Pearl Jam episode.
It showed every single character in the fly-by of the silhouettes. So no, they aren't starting at when Kira is introduced.

delSai

I'm most excited to see/hear Mikitaka. Also, they better not replace Showtaro by someone else as the voice of Akira. He's perfect.

Kurtofan

Part 3 has a rough start when setting up the stand systems, the second part is much better (but nowhere near the heights of subsequent parts). There are still a good deal of good episodes in Season 1.

Erigu

Lol at David not adapting everything. Those guys are jojo-nuts
Well, they did skip some elements of Parts 1 and 2... In the end, they'll have to find a way to fit the story of Part 4 into the cours format (i.e. multiples of 12/13 episodes), and that might get slightly problematic here and there.

Part 3 has a rough start when setting up the stand systems
Yeah, I think it's fair to say all JoJo parts have a bit of a rough start.
(so... something to keep in mind for Part 4 as well)

Yeah, I think it's fair to say all JoJo parts have a bit of a rough start.
(so... something to keep in mind for Part 4 as well)

That's fair, and I'm not sure why. Maybe since jojo is characters > plot a lot of the early chapters of each part is setup for the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom