• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

my copy of eyes of heaven has time traveled, quite fitting

2r7hpzj.png

Tizoc

Oooooof
16./00. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.12.17} (¥7.549) - 19.164 / NEW <40-60%>
17./00. [PS4] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.12.17} (¥8.856) - 18.516 / NEW <40-60%>
I know sequels of licensed anime games tend to not do as well as their predecessors, but that's really saddening, do hope it's Western release does better >_>;

Oooooof

I know sequels of licensed anime games tend to not do as well as their predecessors, but that's really saddening, do hope it's Western release does better >_>;

It's sad but not too surprising tbh

The hype of "OMG A JOJO GAME OF ALL PARTS" died off already AND there's the negative word of mouth ASB had AND EOH wasn't looking that good gameplay-wise to many to begin with

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Is there an OT for Eyes of Heaven? I'd like to read some impressions (especially on the PS3 version since both demos were PS4 only).

delSai

My copy of EOH still hasnt shown up. Booo!

lmao yeah no way

It's sad but not too surprising tbh

Aye, most expected it to happen. Maybe we'll get a new game when CC2 is not as busy as they are at the moment

Is there an OT for Eyes of Heaven? I'd like to read some impressions (especially on the PS3 version since both demos were PS4 only).

Nah, no one made an OT for it. Guess this thread kind of is.

Squishy3

Went to 4chan to talk about Eyes of Heaven and figure out some menu stuff (because gamefaqs boards are a whole lot of nothing) of course it's seemingly not working since no topics are showing up

Went to 4chan to talk about Eyes of Heaven and figure out some menu stuff (because gamefaqs boards are a whole lot of nothing) of course it's seemingly not working since no topics are showing up
There'll probably be one once the new JoJolion chapter gets translated. Whenever that'll be.

Squishy3

There'll probably be one once the new JoJolion chapter gets translated. Whenever that'll be.
No I mean, no topics period were showing up when I posted that. Regardless of the board.

Little Jolyne in Morioh needs more stuff!

Also, god DAMN the lip synching in EoH is still awful. Like FUCK
So having played it now the issue with this is for anything that isn't the cinematics they just use generic mouth opening animations for every character that open and close until they stop talking, some characters have it better off than others where it does match what they're saying and some don't.

Weiss

Banned
So after an unsuccessful attempt with the manga, I've gotten into JoJo with the anime.

Johnathan was kind of boring so I was way more into Dio, because he is simultaneously ridiculously over the top and strangely human, but Joseph Joestar is the most hilarious asshole.

PS: Speedwagon is best girl.

Squishy3

So after an unsuccessful attempt with the manga, I've gotten into JoJo with the anime.

Johnathan was kind of boring so I was way more into Dio, because he is simultaneously ridiculously over the top and strangely human, but Joseph Joestar is the most hilarious asshole.

PS: Speedwagon is best girl.
Leave now and don't come back to this thread, you'll want this thread for after you've finished Stardust Crusaders. This is the manga thread. Granted, if you want after you finish the 2012 series, you're safe to make a LTTP thread if you'd like.

Edit: Talking to Solarknight before I PM a mod, even if getting the title changed to reflect it's the manga thread is probably an innocuous change. :p

I learned today there is a JoJo light novel written by Nisio Isin of Monogatari fame and its a bunch of Dio's thoughts throughout the series. JoJo + Nisio sounds like the most batshit crazy thing of all time, hopefully this gets localized one day.

I learned today there is a JoJo light novel written by Nisio Isin of Monogatari fame and its a bunch of Dio's thoughts throughout the series. JoJo + Nisio sounds like the most batshit crazy thing of all time, hopefully this gets localized one day.

Outer Heaven, yeah I heard of that one. I haven't read it but I know it's been translated by someone on the jojo forum and dio's outfit on the cover (drawn by araki) is an alternate costume for dio in eyes of heaven.

Over Heaven, actually. Not sure if Heaven DIO's stand in EoH "The World Over Heaven" is something from the book or the name is just taken from it.

Over Heaven seems to go into detail about how "Heaven" actually works and was conceived, which is a level of madness fitting for Nisio

JayEH

I read part of over heaven. Found it really boring. I know it's supposed to be diary entries or whatever but dio just kept going over the same thing over and over again. I get it, you hate everyone lol. I recommend the Part 5 light novel if anyone wants to read a good jojo book.

Tizoc

We were graced by his presence GAF.
So glad JJBA is finally using modern anime artstyle instead of that outdated blocky character design. It was terrible that fanartists were drawing Ceaser and Joseph, Jotaru, and Kakyoin better than the animators were. Josuke is easily likeable so far and has a great design. And I love Yuki Kaji character in this video, it looked like he was even running up to and so excited to see his Josuke, and the way they cut that scene was he about to hold his hand or something. Cruel place to cut it. First time Im excited for a JJBA experience again. Praying that the writing has been improved though, please dont kill Yuki Kaji character, I dont want to relive another Ceasar Kakyoin type of affair, and dont bring folks back to life unless youll bring EVERYONE back to life, not just senior citizens, please.

tumblr_nzoqbkCFP61u0jrjfo1_540.gif

Speaking of gorgeous Irene, Araki's original one shots are really interesting and all over the place

Cool Shock BT is a weird hybrid of detective Conan and early yugioh starring obviously dio and his best friend obviously koichi. The art, while rough, resembles Mitsuteru Yokoyama and Go Nagai.

Both Say Hello to Virginia and Armed Poker are actually really subdued and suspenseful stories with art that resembles American and European comics.

Then with Gorgeous Irene he's just like FUCK THAT NOISE THROW MY FASHION MAGAZINES AND 80s MOVIES IN A BLENDER BECAUSE IT'S TIME TO GET CRAZYYYY.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
We were graced by his presence GAF.

I think DTL is one of my favorite posters in the anime-only thread, so many strange and hilarious posts.

Also :lol at that last sentence. Koichi's "death" by donuting is going to be so satisfying if one of the Sheer Heart Attack episodes ends on a cliffhanger.

Astral

I think DTL is one of my favorite posters in the anime-only thread, so many strange and hilarious posts.

Also :lol at that last sentence. Koichi's "death" by donuting is going to be so satisfying if one of the Sheer Heart Attack episodes ends on a cliffhanger.

It's a shame no one really dies in Part 4. Even if Koichi getting impaled is how an episode ends DTL will probably just figure and hope that Josuke heals him with Crazy Diamond. I want DTL to have absolutely zero hope. Though Koichi getting impaled is how the season ends, that'd be pretty hilarious.

I really hope that before they explain Bites the Dust they just end the episode with Remy in anguish over Rohan's death and then give no clue in the preview at all that time loops will be happening

It's a shame no one really dies in Part 4. Even if Koichi getting impaled is how an episode ends DTL will probably just figure and hope that Josuke heals him with Crazy Diamond. I want DTL to have absolutely zero hope. Though Koichi getting impaled is how the season ends, that'd be pretty hilarious.

Okuyasu's brother, Kiecho dies, i think? memory is foggy; been a while since i read it.

Squishy3

I really hope that before they explain Bites the Dust they just end the episode with Remy in anguish over Rohan's death and then give no clue in the preview at all that time loops will be happening
I'm hoping for Bites The Dust the OP or ED is just that morning with changes for each subsequent episode that reflect how things change.

What about Shigechi?

Yeah yeah, I know. "What about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom