• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Ringo is amazing, and most of the stands in SBR are tools which the users utilize in various creative ways. Some of them are just innate powers though.

Jaxec

Although Ringo is my favorite of the minor antagonists I have a deep love for Blackmore. The dude's amazing and I loved his Stand ability.

latest

Squishy3

It starts off strong but I think the Boom Boom Brothers up until the start of Scary Monsters is kinda weak. It's really good from then on, though.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
You know who showing up at the end was hype as all fuck, and I'm not one of those who thinks SBR is the end all be all of Jojo either.

Hatty

The D4C fight was such a great finale, it was just a little weird to have one more battle stuck on the end despite how cool it was

Jaxec

Kira > Valentine > DIO ≥ Pucci > Diavolo ≥ Kars

Killer Queen ≥ D4c > Za Warudo > King Crimson > Made in Heaven/C-Moon/Whitesnake

Weiss

Banned
True, but then Battle Tendency benefits from a small supporting cast, so they feel less boxed out by the best JoJo in the franchise (yeah I take it back; Jolyne and Josuke are cool but Joseph is fucking magic).

Stroheim was kinda lame, but Caesar was a great counter to Joseph and Kars and Wamuu I felt were well characterized and continued Araki's trend of developing his villains along with his protagonists.

Astral

Esidisi is the only villain in Part 2 I didn't find memorable at all. If he didn't have that whole crying thing I feel like people wouldn't even remember him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Esidisi had the honor of being named after a cool band. Plus that whole "I'M STILL ALIVE VIA A BRAIN & NOW I'M GONNA TAKE OVER YOUR FUTURE WIFE!!" deal.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The fight between Santana and Joseph was cool, though, if only because it turned Stroheim into a cyborg via heroic sacrifice. Plus there was the body horror stuff, like Santana's rib cage, the scene where he squeezes into the vents, and that time he melts a dude from the inside out.

Esidisi didn't get as much screen time as the other Pillar Men, though Wamuu felt like the most important one to me (at least in terms of characterization and moving the plot forward), more so than Kars.

Ezalc

I'm mad that Esidesi is named after one of my favorite bands of all time but Wamuu was my favorite pillar man due to using wind attacks, though none are more fabulous than Kars. I liked Santana as well.

Astral

The fight between Santana and Joseph was cool, though, if only because it turned Stroheim into a cyborg via heroic sacrifice. Plus there was the body horror stuff, like Santana's rib cage, the scene where he squeezes into the vents, and that time he melts a dude from the inside out.

Esidisi didn't get as much screen time as the other Pillar Men, though Wamuu felt like the most important one to me (at least in terms of characterization and moving the plot forward), more so than Kars.

This is precisely why I consider even Santana more memorable than Esidisi. The fight was really fun. Esidisi just doesn't do much unfortunately.

A lot of JoJo figures and stuff were confirmed at WonFes. What I've seen on twitter so far are:

Nendos of Josuke, Rohan, Jotaro (Part 4), Okuyasu, and Koichi

Figures of Josuke, Rohan, Baoh, and White Snake. (sorry, don't know the makers)

Jaxec

A lot of JoJo figures and stuff were confirmed at WonFes. What I've seen on twitter so far are:

Nendos of Josuke, Rohan, Jotaro (Part 4), Okuyasu, and Koichi

Figures of Josuke, Rohan, Baoh, and White Snake. (sorry, don't know the makers)

Yeah they look pretty awesome. I need them. Josuke and Okuyasu look so beautiful.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D-Man

They're making Part 4 nendoroids? Hell yeah, man! I'm definitely getting Josuke and Okuyasu.

Baoh getting a figure is surprisingly awesome. I can't wait to see how it'll look like.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Those aren't Nendoroids proper, to throw that out there. Different company.

I really wish more scaled Jojo statues were made. The SAS figures seem pretty cool, but joints are a deal breaker for me.

Weiss

Banned
The problem with buying JoJo merch is that:

I'll want each corresponding Stand.

I'll want literally all of them.

Squishy3

yeah it's probably all medicos for the full sized figures

The problem with buying JoJo merch is that:

I'll want each corresponding Stand.

I'll want literally all of them.
They're pretty reasonably priced, all things considered. i paid $60 for kira and killer queen from amiami. yen being weak helps immensely too

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the SAS figures are awesome. I got Blue Jotaro/Purple Star Platinum and DIO/The World and they're the absolute best.

Still waiting on that SAS F.F.!
Can we also get a non-papercraft Road Roller that'd be swell

wwm0nkey

Got the Johnathan SAS figure for myself and the Part 1 DIO one for my gf, my local arcade just randomly had them and were selling for only $40 each, they were never opened either so someone just sold them there randomly.

Also got Josuke but I am waiting on opening him until I get Crazy Diamond

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't get the significance of Jesus in SBR like at all.

I will say that left-side ataxia freaks me the fuck out...anything that messes with vision like that is inherently creepy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom