• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll go ahead and stop in here for a bit. I've read all the way up through the end of SBR (wtf at that last fight, really?), though I haven't started JoJoLion or whatever because it's not done yet, and I don't want to wait a million years between chapters and such.

I guess you guys do Rankings, eh? I'm terrible at remembering the names, but I'll go with what I remember:

Favorite Stands: Stone Free, C Moon, D4C, hrm I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.
Favorite Protagonists: Jolyne, Gyro, JOSEPH JOESTAR, Josuke
Favorite Antagonish: Yoshikage, Fuckyourlifeup Dio, Valentine and very closely after, Pucci.
Also Stone Ocean is the best. The entire ending sequence is just the hypest shit ever. SBR started off okay and got good, though there were some confusing ability mechanics towards the end. Part 3 is... Meh. The abilities didn't really stand out to me at the time, and looking back they were quite generic. Auro Vento however was terrible IMO, didn't really enjoy it at all.

Ezalc

I guess I'll go ahead and stop in here for a bit. I've read all the way up through the end of SBR (wtf at that last fight, really?), though I haven't started JoJoLion or whatever because it's not done yet, and I don't want to wait a million years between chapters and such.

I guess you guys do Rankings, eh? I'm terrible at remembering the names, but I'll go with what I remember:

Favorite Stands: Stone Free, C Moon, D4C, hrm I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.
Favorite Antagonish: Yoshikage, Fuckyourlifeup Dio, Valentine and very closely after, Pucci.
Also Stone Ocean is the best. The entire ending sequence is just the hypest shit ever. SBR started off okay and got good, though there were some confusing ability mechanics towards the end. Part 3 is... Meh. The abilities didn't really stand out to me at the time, and looking back they were quite generic. Auro Vento however was terrible IMO, didn't really enjoy it at all.

I approve of all of this. Though SO isn't my favorite part it's not bad though. probably 4th favorite for me.

12669534_10153554227374633_6337358353640199765_n.jpg

Also, vanilla ice cream melts in the sun

And he "scoops" the ground.

I'm gonna cry.

Also, looking back at my list of favorite stands, how the hell did I forget Weather Report and Jail House Lock? I loved those two so much. Though it's hard to top C Moon/Stairway to Heaven and Stone Free.

JayEH

Technically, DIO is Italian for god

Diavolo, however, is Italian for the devil

That's why I've always interpreted Polnareff meeting them as looking up the stairs to god in heaven, and looking down the stairs at the devil in hell.

Giorno the son of God defeats the devil.

Part V in general was just silly. Giorno's Stand is complete bullshit haha.
Like what the fuck did Golden Experience Requiem even do. Other than win.

cntr

Banned
1: noblemen and their family issues
2: gay bigamy
3. road trip!
4. a guy with a part time repairman job, eats italian food, gambles, fixes windows
5. a guy dyes his hair, joins the family
6. drunk driving leads woman to find religion
7. cowboys with balls, who find jesus and betray their country
8. FFFFFUSION-HA

Reknoc

Congratulations on taking the napkin.

That last part though, hrmmm.

Hamst3r

That Jojo All Star Battle game from a few years ago, most of the reviews I've seen of it were basically, "eh, it's alright." but they weren't from Jojo fans. How was that game really? Just okay or better than that?

"Eh, it's alright" is a pretty good way to describe it.

From a pure fanservice perspective, it's absolutely amazing. Lots and lots and lots of attention to detail.

From a gameplay perspective...it's just okay. Not a particularly great fighting game, but it's serviceable.

Story mode is garbage, though. Just text? C'mon now.

Tizoc

2 months til Part 4 anime! Need to finish watching Purple Rain for character screenshots and make a draft 3.0.

Well from a Jojo fan standpoint, the fan-service in All-Star Battle is top-fuckin-notch'. Nearly everything is a reference to something that makes you wanna go back and read the series. That on top of the performances, both voice acting and animations, of each character is a near perfect match.

The actual fighting is just that though. It's alright. You can tell there was some good ideas here and there, but sometimes that can be overshadowed by bigger problems like how slow the pace of fights are. Story mode is pretty barebones too but since that's a hot topic right now, it might not bother you. Unlocking alternate costumes, which again are top-fuckin'-notch, gets repetitive pretty quick.

I'd say you should still give it a shot. I had fun with it despite it's problems.

jgminto

That Jojo All Star Battle game from a few years ago, most of the reviews I've seen of it were basically, "eh, it's alright." but they weren't from Jojo fans. How was that game really? Just okay or better than that?
I enjoyed playing it quite a bit, there are a lot of cool character mechanics even if they could have used some more polish. But I'd only recommend getting it now if you have somebody to play with, the single player is barebones and online is likely dead by now but if you want a fun couch fighter, you can definitely do worse.

Demise

Part V in general was just silly.

Wich part is not ? Every part are silly. My favorite is Steel Ball Run by a large margin and damn, it's one of the most silly thing I ever read in my whole life.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Iwasuke, the "dog" thing from part 8, might have a Stand. Or it could just have rock powers.

Also, don't forget about Coco Jumbo, polnareff's true spirit animal.

I thought Iwasuke is an "animal" version of the pillar men part 8 ed.

And I don't think Coco Jumbo counts :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
"Iwa" means rock.

I haven't read part 8, but I'm just saying.

The character that names it says that, too, for spoiler-related reasons.

I thought Iwasuke is an "animal" version of the pillar men part 8 ed.

And I don't think Coco Jumbo counts :p

Coco Jumbo has a named Stand though, it doesn't matter how useless it is in actual combat :p

It's never really said from what I remember (it's been some time since Iwasuke showed up in part 8), but
Iwasuke either had the stone disease and was affected by the fruit, or it's just a stone dog and the fruit affects its period of hibernation. If it is a stone dog, it might have a Stand, since 90%+ of the rock humans have Stands. It can still go through stone walls either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom