• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So Vitamin C manifests as those hand things right?

And man he doesn't really play. He even manages to subdue SHA.

It's kind of like Highway Star in that it has a humanoid appearance along with the ability to manifest as hands/fingerprints (instead of feet/footprints like Highway Star).

I've seen speculation that Damo is AU Fatty, which would be pretty funny

rKVRPs7.png

Never noticed the spikes. Damn.

Squishy3

Yeah but there could be some dumb magical bullshit where they split Kira and Josefumi and Kira's spirit and testicles go back into his dead body.

"Let's go to the Morgue Part 1!"

And we haven't met our Rohan equivalent yet.

SoulUnison

Banned
Maybe not the right place to ask but I can't think of anywhere more relevant.

Anybody know anywhere that sells discount digital game codes, or any hints of a Flash Sale or PS+ Sale involving Jojo: All-Star Battle happening anytime soon?

I've got the itch to play an online-enabled JoJo fighting game, but 30 bucks seems a little steep for a slightly dated, extremely niche fighter that probably doesn't have much of an online community anymore.

Matsukaze

I've seen speculation that Damo is AU Fatty, which would be pretty funny
I noticed the spikes as soon as I first saw Damo. I like to think it's true, because I think it'd be awesome for Araki to do a complete 180 like that, taking one of the most innocent JoJo characters ever and turning him into a cold-blooded bastard.

People are speculating Damo is the final boss of part 8 but I really don't think so.

For one, he doesn't look like a final boss to me and for two Vitamin C isn't time based like all the other final boss stands.

But he's definitely the step below the final boss.
I can't say I blame them for suspecting as much. I have a difficult time imagining the endgame for JoJolion rests in Damo's hands, but he's far too powerful to be just some low-level schmuck, so sub-boss makes sense. I imagine it'll take a team effort of multiple Stand Users to beat Damo.

Squishy3

I noticed the spikes as soon as I first saw Damo. I like to think it's true, because I think it'd be awesome for Araki to do a complete 180 like that, taking one of the most innocent JoJo characters ever and turning him into a cold-blooded bastard.
I wouldn't say Shigechi was 100% innocent considering he wasn't exactly the nicest guy before Josuke and Okuyasu got the upper hand on him.

Matsukaze

I wouldn't say Shigechi was 100% innocent considering he wasn't exactly the nicest guy before Josuke and Okuyasu got the upper hand on him.
He wasn't all sunshine and smiles, but he only acted like a jerk when he thought he was being taken advantage of. He wanted friends more than anything else, friends who would treat him nicely. I can't help but think of him as a nice guy (admittedly with certain confidence issues).

Plus it also helps that he doesn't go around punching sixth-graders and yuckin' it up when someone's house burns down. :p

Hatty

I'd be more excited for Ace Attorney if it wasn't a straight adaption. Would like to see if they make Turnabout Bigtop good though

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Started Steel Ball Run. Beginning is kinda weak so far, so I hope it gets better.

Johnny is such a dick.

Get past chapter 27. Chapter 28 is when SBR gets really good. The arc beginning with that chapter has some of the wackiest, most memorable quotes in the franchise.

So I watched Part 1 and Part 2 on Crunchyroll and I have a few questions.

Why were the Pillar Men stone for all those years? I looked at the wiki and it just said they were hibernating, but why?
Why was Santana in a big ass ornate pillar by himself back in South America when the other three had left to Europe and became stone there?
When their past was being explained it said that Kars and Esidisi took a child, but that would mean one of the Pillar Men wouldn't be accounted for, the wiki says they took 2 so was this a sub error or an anime error or something?

Anyways, I really enjoyed it, gonna start part 3 tomorrow.

Why were the Pillar Men stone for all those years? I looked at the wiki and it just said they were hibernating, but why?
Why was Santana in a big ass ornate pillar by himself back in South America when the other three had left to Europe and became stone there?
When their past was being explained it said that Kars and Esidisi took a child, but that would mean one of the Pillar Men wouldn't be accounted for, the wiki says they took 2 so was this a sub error or an anime error or something?

Fair warning, this is the manga thread so there are open spoilers around.

Don't really focus on small little inconsistencies, because thats what they are. I think the third may have been a sub error

Fair warning, this is the manga thread so there are open spoilers around.

Don't really focus on small little inconsistencies, because thats what they are. I think the third may have been a sub error

I was actively not looking at any other posts and just came in to have some questions answered, so don't worry about that. So the first two questions don't really have answers? Fair enough I guess.

Welfare

1. They were looking for the Red Stone of Aja, and when they couldn't find it, they went into hibernation.

2. Santana had actually been petrified by the sun while in Mexico.

3. They took two children, Santana and Wamuu. That was a sub error.

1. They were looking for the Red Stone of Aja, and when they couldn't find it, they went into hibernation.
I know why they were in Europe, but what's the deal with the hibernation? I don't remember any explanation of them having to hibernate.
2. Santana had actually been petrified by the sun while in Mexico.
Oh? When was this said? Why didn't the others help him? Was it just because Kars is an asshole?

Welfare

I know why they were in Europe, but what's the deal with the hibernation? I don't remember any explanation of them having to hibernate.

Oh? When was this said? Why didn't the others help him? Was it just because Kars is an asshole?

I don't think it's stated outright, but they were waiting to see if the stone was found by someone else.

I think it was said in the manga (anime skipped some scenes). The others didn't help him because they are assholes.

Really, almost everyone in JoJo is an asshole.

I don't think it's stated outright, but they were waiting to see if the stone was found by someone else.

I think it was said in the manga (anime skipped some scenes). The others didn't help him because they are assholes.

Really, almost everyone in JoJo is an asshole.

except joseph joestar

and holly

they have a heart of gold

Jaxec

There are gonna be 3 different PVs for Part 4 in three different cities on the same day next week. Hype is unreal. I'm wondering if they'll be character trailers for Josuke, Koichi, and Okuyasu.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP COMING TO THE SPOILER THREAD WITHOUT FINISHING JOJO GUYS PLS JOJO IS SACRED SAVE YOURSELVES

GzXqeYy.gif

To be fair finding out about what happened to one of the Part 7 protagonists is the reason I finally decided to marathon all of JoJo way back when. No more spoilers for me!

I don't mind about the spoilers. I've absorbed enough of Jojo through Osmosis thanks to a combination of my friend(I'm excited for Funny Valentine) and saltybet.

I don't mind about the spoilers. I've absorbed enough of Jojo through Osmosis thanks to a combination of my friend(I'm excited for Funny Valentine) and saltybet.

Real talk, Part 5 Jojo on Saltybet is on some fuckery. I say "always bet Jojo" but then Part 3 characters always fuck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom