• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real talk, Part 5 Jojo on Saltybet is on some fuckery. I say "always bet Jojo" but then Part 3 characters always fuck me.

Yeah, they recently added part 5 jojo characters and some of them....are ok? Giorno can get good spam going but it's so so.

I always bet on dbz tbh. Now that's real bullshit win or lose.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I can't believe this all stemmed from a Daffy Duck image.

/co//co/'s bizarre adventure is pretty amazing

while Book Daffy and Zoot Tom is popular though, I think this is underrated

3cc.png

Jaxec

It still feels unreal that we're getting a part 4 anime. I didn't think they'd actually continue after part 3, but now we're only two weeks away from the first episode. I'm really looking forward to Let's go eat Italian, Lets go to the Mangaka's House, Yoshikage Kira wants a quiet life, and Sheer Heart Attack. Those four are definitely my favorite arcs from the beginning half of Jojo so hopefully they impress in the anime. What are some arcs you guys are most looking forward to?

Astral

I'm looking forward to pretty much everything except The Man on the Tower and Enigma Boy. I don't know if it was because I was tired when I was reading them or if they were just extremely boring fights.

Jaxec

I'm looking forward to pretty much everything except The Man on the Tower and Enigma Boy. I don't know if it was because I was tired when I was reading them or if they were just extremely boring fights.

I've noticed that a lot of people dislike The Man on the Tower and Enigma Boy online and that always confused me. I though they were pretty enjoyable encounters, especially the later because it really made me like Fungami. Does the dislike have to do with the actual battles or their positioning in the story? If I remember correctly they were near the end and weren't as good as Another one bites the dust.

Astral

I've noticed that a lot of people dislike The Man on the Tower and Enigma Boy online and that always confused me. I though they were pretty enjoyable encounters, especially the later because it really made me like Fungami. Does the dislike have to do with the actual battles or their positioning in the story? If I remember correctly they were near the end and weren't as good as Another one bites the dust.

In my case it wasn't positioning. Cheap Trick was after Enigma Boy and I thought it was fucking great. I thought The Man on the Tower was just a really uninteresting fight. Enigma Boy was less boring but I still rushed through it.

Tecl0n

It still feels unreal that we're getting a part 4 anime. I didn't think they'd actually continue after part 3, but now we're only two weeks away from the first episode. I'm really looking forward to Let's go eat Italian, Lets go to the Mangaka's House, Yoshikage Kira wants a quiet life, and Sheer Heart Attack. Those four are definitely my favorite arcs from the beginning half of Jojo so hopefully they impress in the anime. What are some arcs you guys are most looking forward to?

Quiet life, Cat, RPS/Janken kid is coming.

Jaxec

In my case it wasn't positioning. Cheap Trick was after Enigma Boy and I thought it was fucking great. I thought The Man on the Tower was just a really uninteresting fight. Enigma Boy was less boring but I still rushed through it.

I can understand why you'd feel that way. What made Enigma Boy so good for me was Fungami desperately trying to help Josuke and Koichi. He really came out looking cool during this arc. I'm especially looking forward to how they animate this particular scene since it's my favorite from that arc.

w6Qzm5X.png

Quiet life, Cat, RPS/Janken kid is coming.

I imagine RPS Kid is gonna one of those wtf episodes for a lot of people, especially with how him and Rohan just start flying around the town. I hope David Pro goes all out with that episode.

Highway Star, duh.

Highway Star is gonna be so good. I can't wait to see Josuke say this line after beating the crap out of Fungami:

B6QGBESCAAAN_lE.jpg

I went back to re-read Highway Star after seeing these post and man is forgotten just of amazing it was. I know people usually say that Josuke doesn't do much in his own part (it felt like Koichi's story), but Highway Star made him look like a damn star.

RPS Kid, Cheap Trick, Let's Go Eat Italian Food, anything and everything with Kira

Kira will definitely be glorious and seeing how people react to him after coming off DIO will be interesting. I wonder if they'll keep his VA from the games, if not I'm trying to figure out who'd be a perfect Kira.

fertygo

I went back to re-read Highway Star after seeing these post and man is forgotten just of amazing it was. I know people usually say that Josuke doesn't do much in his own part (it felt like Koichi's story), but Highway Star made him look like a damn star.

People say that?

After mid-point DIU might as well only have 3 character, Josuke, Kira, Rohan

Jaxec

People say that?

After mid-point DIU might as well only have 3 character, Josuke, Kira, Rohan

I've seen it mentioned a few times, but I personally never thought that, especially due to the second half. I think it may be due to people feeling Koichi got more development.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Looking at that poster, it reminded me how "off" I was about the art, mainly the characters. It's really grown on me since then.
I was coming to post the exact same thing. I have warmed up to it now and I think it looks pretty great.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Up to the Scary Monsters chapters in Steel Ball Run.

what the fuck

"Reverse the dinosaur infection with the corpse eyes!"

"Do you know why the dinosaurs suddenly perished when they were prospering on this earth? It's because they were idiots who didn't understand the concept of respect!"

It's the best.

I've seen it mentioned a few times, but I personally never thought that, especially due to the second half. I think it may be due to people feeling Koichi got more development.

I originally thought that, but I soon realized I had that thought because the previous Jojos did everything or, in Jotaro's case, nearly everything.

Lunar15

Do we know who's composing for Part 4? I really really loved Iwasaki's stuff in Part 2, but wasn't a huge fan of Part 3's music.

Squishy3

Yeah, whatever deal they have with Warner in Japan doesn't let them upload the uncensored Blu-rays later either, since parts 1 and 2 are still censored.

It's not censored in parts 1 and 2 because that season was a late acquisition by CR, so it's technically the dvd/bd version. Both seasons of SDC were simulcast and they still just use the tv versions. Will likely be the same for Diamond.

It's not censored in parts 1 and 2 because that season was a late acquisition by CR, so it's technically the dvd/bd version. Both seasons of SDC were simulcast and they still just use the tv versions. Will likely be the same for Diamond.

Sad day

I really wanna see Kakyoins face split apart. Damn, I wonder if the black fog censoring the parts was added in post processing or if they baked it into the animation knowing it'd be censored anyways..

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of CR, what names do you reckon will be changed? I know most of the character names won't because they're Japanese, but what about the Stands? Will Red Hot Chilli Pepper be changed?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of CR, what names do you reckon will be changed? I know most of the character names won't because they're Japanese, but what about the Stands? Will Red Hot Chilli Pepper be changed?
Maybe they'll go with the Part 4 changes that were made in All-Star Battle? Though maybe they won't go as far as changing stuff like Echoes.

Jaxec

Do people really care if subs don't have the actual stand names? I mean I'd understand the complaint with the manga, but in the anime you'll still hear them say their stand names.

Astral

Do people really care if subs don't have the actual stand names? I mean I'd understand the complaint with the manga, but in the anime you'll still hear them say their stand names.

It's just a little annoying when the subs say one thing and the characters clearly say something different.

Lunar15

Doesn't bother me.

Also, Tizoc, you don't need to find a way to put that Chappelle/Prince image in the OT, you just go ahead and you do it.

The subs don't bother me much as a manga reader, but I just think sub changes will make anime-only watchers miss out on some of the charm. To their credit though, at least they are trying preserve the sames and have done so in creative ways. (Filthy Acts ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

We got some new preview images for the Part 4 anime:

tumblr_o48swi7fN81uk758zo1_1280.jpg

this is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom