• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

Those PV look great. This is turning out to be my favorite artstyle. The colors look amazing and I hope DP goes crazy with the colors throughout the whole part. I feel like they played it too safe with some of the color choices in part 3 so things are looking good.

Weiss

Banned
I feel like a strength of Steel Ball Run is that it only really focuses on Johnny and Gyro. Unlike Stone Ocean and Battle Tendency, the narrative is laser focused on the two protagonists so no one gets left to the wayside the way Anasui, Weather Report, and Lisa Lisa were. Interesting characters show up and tag along, but they play their part, usually die horribly, and the story stays on Johnny and Gyro.

Tizoc

EDIT: Could someone provide a decent sized image of Koichi and Okuyasu from the anime please? Need those for the OT :X
Crunchyroll is streaming Part IV same day as release, time TBA

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-942725/spring-2016-show-announcements

Resubbing to Premium on the day of premiere fuck yeah~

Oh and I'll have the draft posted on here again for y'all to inform me what I should fix etc.
For now though what do you want the subtitle to be?
What a Beautiful Duwang
Where in Morioh-cho is David Bowie?!

Weiss

Banned
Okay, reached the D4C chapters and the crazy has been ramping up. The visuals in Steel Ball Run have been a lot more graphic and horrifying than previous series, and Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price might just top even Scary Monsters and Sugar Mountain.

So how does Reprehensible Jobs at a Discount work? I'm kinda confused.

Jaxec

Okay, reached the D4C chapters and the crazy has been ramping up. The visuals in Steel Ball Run have been a lot more graphic and horrifying than previous series, and Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price might just top even Scary Monsters and Sugar Mountain.

Man you're in for a damn good ride now that you've reached the D4C chapters. In my opinion it's up there as probably the best arc in all of JoJo so I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts as you go along. Regarding D4C, I always took its ability to be jumping between different dimensions. Valentine has to be between two things in order for this to occur and he can interact with these other dimensions, such as pulling people between said dimensions. At least that's how I remember it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It allows Valentine to hop between universes. He needs to be between two objects for D4C to work. Valentine can also send other objects and people to the alternate worlds by doing this. Valentine can move around with no negative effects and can freely interact with other Funny Valentines, while other people will split apart into Menger sponges and die if they get too close to each other.

D4C also allows Valentine to move his consciousness into any other version of himself in the multiverse. Only the root universe Valentine has D4C.

Squishy3

EDIT: Could someone provide a decent sized image of Koichi and Okuyasu from the anime please? Need those for the OT :X

Resubbing to Premium on the day of premiere fuck yeah~

Oh and I'll have the draft posted on here again for y'all to inform me what I should fix etc.
For now though what do you want the subtitle to be?
What a Beautiful Duwang
Where in Morioh-cho is David Bowie?!
Probably just use a picture from the last character visuals released. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-and-theme-song-performer-announcement-posted

Tizoc

ok test time! No banner yet but if someone has good Photoshop skills, that'd be great help.DO NOT POST PART 4 MANGA SPOILERS, NOT EVEN IN SPOILER TAGS! AT THE VERY LEAST LIMIT WHAT MANGA EVENTS/SPOILERS YOU WANT TO POST.
BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW GAFFERS WHO PREFER TO FOLLOW THE SERIES VIA THE ANIME.

mNuc7Lp.jpg

Previously on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
7fXf9t6.jpg

Synopsis
Over a decade had passed since Kujo Jotaro defeated Dio Brando and ended the curse of the Joestars bloodline. It is now March 1999, Jotaro arrives at Morioh Town located within Japan’s Prefecture M, City S, looking for a young man with a peculiar pompadour.
Higashikata Josuke is a highschool freshman about to start the new school year, but little does Josuke know that he is about to enravel in a series of crazy escapades which will test his mettle and his wit, in this the 4th entry in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

While Part 3 was a world tour, Part 4 is more grounded and takes place mainly within the town of Morioh. In fact the town itself is modeled after the author's (Hirohiko Araki) hometown of Sendai.
Furthermore, Stands became so popular thanks to Part 3, that all later series start featuring them, with one neat twist: All Part 4 Stands and onward are named after bands or famous songs.

Where to watch
www.viz.com
www.crunchyroll.com

The cast

Higashikata Josuke
Josuke lived most of his life in Morioh and is rather fond of his hometown, and his pompadour moreso. All prospects of going through a normal high school freshmen year go the way of the Zeppelli when he meets Jotaro.

Kujo Jotaro
Jotaro travels to Morioh in search of Josuke, but what would a late 20s, muscular, bold marine biologist want with a young man like Josuke?

Hirose Koichi
A 15 year old teenager who goes to the same school as Josuke. Much like Josuke, he just wanted to have a normal freshman year at school, but hanging around people whose nicknames are JoJo generally means normal goes out the window.

Nijimura Okuyasu
A highschool punk who eventually joins Josuke and co. in the many Bizarre Adventures that are to come. Contrary to the Currency notes on his school uniform, he doesn’t have a Yen to his name.

Previews
Suggest not watching these as they spoil the first episode
http://youtu.be/IZd3H6qC1Gc
http://youtu.be/gagUdy3AY14
http://youtu.be/ofoOFCP6TTY

SERIOUSLY NO MANGA SPOILER DISCUSSION, BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW GAFFERS

"What a Beautiful Duwang" was ALWAYS going to be the thread title no question.

Want to put Rohan in the OP as the fifth main character or naw. Other then that I think you should put the Stands next to the characters.

Tizoc

"What a Beautiful Duwang" was ALWAYS going to be the thread title no question.

Want to put Rohan in the OP as the fifth main character or naw. Other then that I think you should put the Stands next to the characters.

Naaaah I'd rather those that avoided watching any previous discover them through the anime as they have some whacky designs like The Hand.
Rohan is ways off til he's revealed so I decided to focus on the first 2 story arcs for characters :3

EDIT: Also here's my lazily made banner :p
mNuc7Lp.jpg

Beckx

I would change "is about to enravel" to "is about to be entangled in" or something like that.

Unlike Part III, will everyone know up front that Okayasu is part of the crew? I guess the OP might show that, but might not. You might describe him as a young man hiding a secret in an old house in Morioh, and Koichi may not survive, etc. etc. etc.

I would change "is about to enravel" to "is about to be entangled in" or something like that.

Unlike Part III, will everyone know up front that Okayasu is part of the crew? I guess the OP might show that, but might not. You might describe him as a young man hiding a secret in an old house in Morioh, and Koichi may not survive, etc. etc. etc.

I mean...yes? Did they watch Part 1, 2 and 3 when a guy shows up early on as a bad guy and then turns into a villain? There's got to be a limit on not wanting to spoil people on shit they should pick up on anyway.

Tizoc

I know we're all excited for DTL's insanly entertaining posts but let things take their course before we start spreading such impressions :p

Yonafunu

Let's make absolutely clear that there's no manga talk to be had in the anime thread. The previous Jojo anime threads have been annoying as fuck with people talking about the manga all the time.

Let's make absolutely clear that there's no manga talk to be had in the anime thread. The previous Jojo anime threads have been annoying as fuck with people talking about the manga all the time.

Yeah thats not gonna happen. Even if you make it so that manga people wont talk, people watching the anime will still ask questions anyway. Unless we get a mod to be on people asses and enforce it, it isn't going to work.

Tizoc

Yeah thats not gonna happen. Even if you make it so that manga people wont talk, people watching the anime will still ask questions anyway.

Just answer them by telling them to do the following
1- Read the manga
2- Take it to the JoJo OT
or
3- Just wait til the next episode

Yonafunu

Yeah thats not gonna happen. Even if you make it so that manga people wont talk, people watching the anime will still ask questions anyway.

Never hurts to reiterate. And questions are whatever, I'm talking about manga readers having talks about what's going to happen and what's going to change and what they're looking forward to and all that stuff. We can have those discussions in this thread.

Maybe put a link to this thread in the OP.

Just answer them by telling them to do the following
1- Read the manga
2- Take it to the JoJo OT
or
3- Just wait til the next episode

yuup

Beckx

I know we're all excited for DTL's insanly entertaining posts but let things take their course before we start spreading such impressions :p

hahah, i haven't followed the anime threads to see complaining,

i was actually not expecting Okayasu to be Best Bud status (and wasn't expecting Buccaletti either!) but that may be more because i don't spend a lot of time thinking ahead.

Squishy3

Yup. I'm sure emcee will be back in there with us as a constant reminder that mods are watching.

Yeah thats not gonna happen. Even if you make it so that manga people wont talk, people watching the anime will still ask questions anyway. Unless we get a mod to be on people asses and enforce it, it isn't going to work.

Never hurts to reiterate. And questions are whatever, I'm talking about manga readers having talks about what's going to happen and what's going to change and what they're looking forward to and all that stuff. We can have those discussions in this thread.

Maybe put a link to this thread in the OP.

yuup
there's already some talking about stuff in the PV2 topic too. Like someone said they hope Joseph's in it and someone replied with "You're gonna wish Joseph wasn't in this part." :/

D-Man

there's already some talking about stuff in the PV2 topic too. Like someone said they hope Joseph's in it and someone replied with "You're gonna wish Joseph wasn't in this part." :/

That really bothered me too. Saying that Joseph is in this is already kinda "eeeh" but that part about wishing he wasn't in it just creates some weird expectations and it would suck to have newcomers get spoiled on the moment when Joseph comes in.

It'll be a real shocker for Joseph fans this part.

Which is weird, seeing as how Joseph is supposed to be the least JoJo of the JoJos, it seems like a fundamental misunderstanding of Joseph himself from his fans.

I forget when but it is stated that the men of the Joestar family tend to die young and have one lover.

Then you have 94 year old Joseph (still alive in Part 6) who cheats on his wife.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That comment is just stupid anyway. Joseph and Josuke's relationship is genuinely well done and Joseph's deteriorating condition adds to it.

Joseph cutting his wrists to save an invisible baby while looking cool in front of his estranged son completely redeems his characterization in part 4 for me. Plus Araki toned down his senility following that arc, too.

Welfare

Which is weird, seeing as how Joseph is supposed to be the least JoJo of the JoJos, it seems like a fundamental misunderstanding of Joseph himself from his fans.

I forget when but it is stated that the men of the Joestar family tend to die young and have one lover.

Then you have 94 year old Joseph (still alive in Part 6) who cheats on his wife.

tumblr_naet2ntbOy1sk6rb9o1_250.jpg

typical Part 2-stan "muh joseph" "muh best jojo"

we will see a lot of that

CR's synopsis (that other sites like ANN use) straight spoils that Josuke is Joseph's illegitimate kid, and yet I haven't seen any non-manga people even point it out. It's like something that will be revealed like 10 minutes into episode 1 anyway but it's still supposed to kinda be a shock.

Squishy3

CR's synopsis (that other sites like ANN use) straight spoils that Josuke is Joseph's illegitimate kid, and yet I haven't seen any non-manga people even point it out. It's like something that will be revealed like 10 minutes into episode 1 anyway but it's still supposed to kinda be a shock.
I still think most people still don't know even with that.

Although the subbed PV has Jotaro saying that he's Josuke's nephew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom