• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

aechris

I loved, loved, loved everything about the first ep. I thought they did an amazing job at keeping a good balance of "this is Morioh!" and "don't get too comfortable." They really gave the vibe there's some sinister shit lying under the surface.

Loved the tower reference as the taxi drove in, too. Can't wait for the rest of the season- this is gonna be a lot of fun!

I never thought this day would come. It's like a dream come true!

My thoughts during that opening scene: I don't remember this opening stuff from the manga. Oh...OH MAN

star-trek-mind-blown.gif

Edit: I hope people in the anime thread who have read the manga don't go too far with that.

Matsukaze

Do we have predictions to where the season will end? I think when Kira changes his face would be dramatic, but it's probably too far in to make the seasons even out.
That's where I assumed the first half would end, because it really does the best job setting the stage for the latter half, but that does strain the balance a bit. I just think it would be amazingly atmospheric if the mid-arc finale's ended with this:

Hatty

Maybe that's where that 39 episode thing comes from. The first set is 39 episodes and ends on sheer heart attack

Before any consideration into chapters I thought it would be amazing if they could have the break be there. Wouldn't want the rest of the show to suffer for it though.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
People hung up over Joseph having an extramarital affair as if the dude was ever some squeaky-clean gentleman absolutely baffle me.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yup. I know Takahashi has gone on record saying that Yugi always wearing his jacket is a reference to Jotaro, but Yu-Gi-Oh early on, is pretty much Part 4---the early art of the manga was also very JoJo-ish.

As for cameos, don't forget at the beginning they drove by Super Fly's telephone tower too.

Astral

What happened to Jotaro's dolphin pins? Did they change the design or does he just wear that stuff later? I don't remember.

Also, it looks like Hazamada won't go from tall as fuck to a midget. That's kind of a shame.

doop_

Banned
Watched the first episode of the new Season (Part 4) and I want to go back and watch other JoJo content.
Where do I start ?

Squishy3

What happened to Jotaro's dolphin pins? Did they change the design or does he just wear that stuff later? I don't remember.

Also, it looks like Hazamada won't go from tall as fuck to a midget. That's kind of a shame.
I'd guess they do it for Tamaki (or whatever his name is, I forget) but Hazamada seems to still be short.

And Jotaro puts on the dolphin getup later.

jgminto

He only wears his dolphin outfit during the rat fight.

Matsukaze

People hung up over Joseph having an extramarital affair as if the dude was ever some squeaky-clean gentleman absolutely baffle me.
Same here. I saw the words "character assassination" pop up in the other thread and thought to myself "Oh God, what will they say when he actually shows up?"

Hypron

Same here. I saw the words "character assassination" pop up in the other thread and thought to myself "Oh God, what will they say when he actually shows up?"

lol, they were already angry at his performance last season but this is going to be 10x worse.

Squishy3

Oh man the discussion about Jotaro's one-liners just made me remember the part 4 one liners.

That's gonna be a fun episode.

Alright guys work with me here

What if the last few episodes of DiB have Kira use Bites the Dust at the end of the OP like DIO does in End of the World

Alright guys work with me here

What if the last few episodes of DiB have Kira use Bites the Dust at the end of the OP like DIO does in End of the World

It will definitely happen, but hell if I know how they'll do it. We'll have to see the opening first, and even then it will probably be the second opening anyway.

Tizoc

^YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So does Araki have a thing against Led Zepplin or something? He kills of Zepellis, changes the name of Pucci's final stand from Stairway to Heaven.
Did LZ do something to him or some such?

^YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So does Araki have a thing against Led Zepplin or something? He kills of Zepellis, changes the name of Pucci's final stand from Stairway to Heaven.
Did LZ do something to him or some such?

No he just knows that Queen is superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom