• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeford

No matter whether it's the manga or the anime, I always laugh when Jotaro explains to Josuke that you can't bring back the dead with a Stand, because I always imagine he's thinking "Except for that one time when I totally brought your dad back from the dead after our weird vampire grandfather attacked him."

Nottle

I was wondering am I alone in thinking that Part 5 is the worst when it comes to stands making sense and being consistent? Gio's abilities out of the gate seem op when anything he brings to life that gets attacked can reflect back to the attacker. This ability is forgotten seemingly after his fight with Bucceratti.

cntr

Banned
8CVwPlD.png

BLJ7dro.png
Yo, the theorycrafting!

Oh wow I never even noticed the part 4 and 5 arrows looked different to begin with.

I was wondering am I alone in thinking that Part 5 is the worst when it comes to stands making sense and being consistent? Gio's abilities out of the gate seem op when anything he brings to life that gets attacked can reflect back to the attacker. This ability is forgotten seemingly after his fight with Bucceratti.

Considering to this day there are still discussions on how King Crimson and GER works I doubt anyone disagrees lol. Also, remember GE filling you with so much life with one punch your mind moves a fuckton faster than your body? Me neither.

cntr

Banned
Oh wow I never even noticed the part 4 and 5 arrows looked different to begin with.
It's not even a part 4 to 5 difference, it's that specific arrow. Polpo uses a normal hole arrow, Jolyne is pierced by a hole arrow shard, but Pucci has the beetle arrow.

Nottle

Considering to this day there are still discussions on how King Crimson and GER works I doubt anyone disagrees lol. Also, remember GE filling you with so much life with one punch your mind moves a fuckton faster than your body? Me neither.
Like it's dumb to get hung up on this, but vanilla gold experience should be invincible if you were to say just turn the dirt someone is standing on into a bunch of ants that are instantly squished and reflect the damage back or turn someone's clothes into a bunch of venomous snakes. Not to mention Purple haze, Metallica and King Crimson. Purple haze and Metallica should win as soon as the fight begins. Sort of hope the eventual anime adaption helps demonstrate some of part 5's abilities because personally I felt like that part was bad at conveying action unlike part 4 which if memory serves me right mostly keeps Josuke's powers consistent.

You think the music choices for the anime will be different decades for each part?

Parts 1&2: 70s
Part 3: 80s
Part 4: 90s
Part 5: 00s
Part 6: current decade
Part 7&8: Throw back decade choice?

Nottle

You think the music choices for each part will be different decades for each?

Parts 1&2: 70s
Part 3: 80s
Part 4: 90s
Part 5: 00s
Part 6: current decade
Part 7&8: Throw back decade choice?
I haven't read that far yet but I believe there are references in part 7 or 8 to Rhiannah or someone else pretty current right. I mean it's possible but so many references seem 90's and back. Though I guess when it was written names like Spice Girls and Green Day were still relevant. I just couldn't imagine something made like last year being in Jojo.

A buddy of mine took the time to read both the translations and the original Japanese part 5 (because he's multilingual), this was a few months ago though so I'm not sure if I remember 100% of what he told me. The way he put it though was that GER's power is all about removing the "effect" from a "cause," as opposed to just sending someone in a constant death loop. So when he began the "cause of killing Diavolo, he was never able to reach the "effect," i.e. his death.
On the flip side King Crimson supposedly removes the cause instead of erasing sections of time, and the reason why people forget what happened is that the reality in which that cause took place is gone and replaced with the cause that Diavolo creates through King Crimson.

A buddy of mine took the time to read both the translations and the original Japanese part 5 (because he's multilingual), this was a few months ago though so I'm not sure if I remember 100% of what he told me. The way he put it though was that GER's power is all about removing the "effect" from a "cause," as opposed to just sending someone in a constant death loop. So when he began the "cause of killing Diavolo, he was never able to reach the "effect," i.e. his death.
On the flip side King Crimson supposedly removes the cause instead of erasing sections of time, and the reason why people forget what happened is that the reality in which that cause took place is gone and replaced with the cause that Diavolo creates through King Crimson.

fuck

I still think the explanation that the arrows came from space is the most lazy part of the whole series. Like, I'd rather their origin be a mystery if Araki is gonna take the easy way out on that.

Matsukaze

I've heard it described similarly.

For me, I'm content to just acknowledge KC and GER as "It just works" and "It just wins".

that's how I've always thought of it.

KC = effect minus cause

GER = cause minus effect

cntr

Banned
Thinking about Over Heaven, the suggestion that
fucking Boingo/Thoth
is the source of Dio/Pucci's plan to restart the universe, that's inspiration.

from the anime thread "I want to see old man Joesph again. "

3c4FhGZ.png

This just makes me more upset that Joseph slacked off on his Hamon. Can you imagine how much better Part 3 would have been with a younger Joseph? Maybe not Part 2 young, but at least somewhat middle aged so that he's still responsible enough to get the Crusaders together.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What 2000's song would fit Part 5?

Though I get a feeling we'd get an Italian-specific song.

This just makes me more upset that Joseph slacked off on his Hamon. Can you imagine how much better Part 3 would have been with a younger Joseph? Maybe not Part 2 young, but at least somewhat middle aged so that he's still responsible enough to get the Crusaders together.

That and he didn't abandon his ripple training.

cntr

Banned
I always thought he didn't use hamon to deage himself on purpose, to avoid becoming like Straizo.

cntr

Banned
Specifically, Dio asks Boingo what would happen if Thoth predicted your death, and Boingo just says that you can't do anything about it, just prepare for it.

jgminto

Dumber than Dio somehow figuring out all that nonsensical method by himself?
It doesn't matter how Dio figured it out. Trying to plot out an exact timeline of unneccessary events like that is what makes people think the series is full of plot errors. There are plenty of answers the reader could come up with to fill those spaces if they wanted to.

Tizoc

I'm know i am jumping ahead but what should the part 5 subtitle be?
Atm i goT
Dtl & burubru's fabulous friendship odyssey

Erigu

Specifically, Dio asks Boingo what would happen if Thoth predicted your death, and Boingo just says that you can't do anything about it, just prepare for it.
Oh, it's not even about the (idiotic) method, then? Too bad, it would have helped explain that one away: "Dio did those seemingly arbitrary things for the same reason Hol Dorse did those other seemingly arbitrary things."

It doesn't matter how Dio figured it out.
Considering the nature of his plan and how ridiculously specific the method he used was, I'd say it should. As Red Letter Media would put it, I guess he was just an expert in things that have never ever happened before...

Trying to plot out an exact timeline of unneccessary events like that is what makes people think the series is full of plot errors.
Not sure how that could be an issue, here, really?
(and the series is full of plot holes)

I'm know i am jumping ahead but what should the part 5 subtitle be?
Atm i goT
Dtl & burubru's fabulous friendship odyssey

It's safe, but I thought using the Italian name for the series, Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio, could be fun stuff. Maybe not a subtitle though.

Tizoc

You gotta use the Italian name for Giogio.

Primary thread title will actually be in Italian-
Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio |OT| DTL & BruBru's Fabulous Friendship Odyssey

Stupid question but is the word 'anime' still 'anime in Italian :V

GioGio's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo|OT| This taste! It is that of an OT!

In SC he was still like, late 50s/early 60s? Even with Hamon training I don't think he's still be in fighting condition

Matsukaze

from the anime thread "I want to see old man Joesph again. "

3c4FhGZ.png
There's going to be such a backlash from the hardcore Joseph fans (the especially vocal ones, I mean). If anything can derail the thread (aside from talking about future parts), I figure it'll be the response to Joseph's arrival.

Also, add me to the list of people saying Gangsta's Paradise should be in Part 5.

Astral

How does David Pro choose the EDs anyway? Do they pick a song from the time period that they like or what? It can't be because the lyrics are fitting because Walk Like an Egyptian and I Want You really have nothing to do with their respective Jojos aside from saying the word "Egypt." Though sometimes I think about I Want You as a tribute to Part 4 from the fans because holy shit there is a Part 4 anime. Maybe they base it off the tone of the arc? Last Train Home would definitely qualify if this were the case but we can all think of songs more tonally fitting for Part 4 than I Want You. I'm thinking way too much into this....

Another One Bites the Dust for Part 4 second half and Gangsta's Paradise for Part 5 pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

How does David Pro choose the EDs anyway? Do they pick a song from the time period that they like or what? It can't be because the lyrics are fitting because Walk Like an Egyptian and I Want You really have nothing to do with their respective Jojos aside from saying the word "Egypt." Though sometimes I think about I Want You as a tribute to Part 4 from the fans because holy shit there is a Part 4 anime. Maybe they base it off the tone of the arc? Last Train Home would definitely qualify if this were the case but we can all think of songs more tonally fitting for Part 4 than I Want You. I'm thinking way too much into this....

Another One Bites the Dust for Part 4 second half and Gangsta's Paradise for Part 5 pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

From the interview with the director.

What was the process for choosing the ending theme songs like "Roundabout" and "Walk Like an Egyptian?" Is this a tradition that you want to continue in future parts?

Well, those came from the author of the original graphic novel, Hirohiko Araki. They're all songs that he was listening to back when he was drawing the individual parts. Mr. Araki only listens to Western music because he doesn't understand English, so none of the lyrics come across to him as language, but as pure sound. So we got a list of these songs that he was listening to back when he was writing each part, and we chose songs for the closing animation based on which ones Warner was able to secure the rights for. It was up to Warner to actually do the negotiating. So if there is an anime production of the next part, we'll probably go by the same process. Traditionally, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has been a gateway to learn about Western music for Japanese readers. For American fans, a lot of the music and names featured in JoJo's are more an acknowledgement of familiar artists, but this is also cause for Warner to be engaged in a lot of negotiations to secure those rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom