• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I hope they do something crazy and get an Italian singer for the Part 5 OP, given how popular Giogio is in Italy

Tizoc

So whatre the chances the hazamada encounter in the part 4 anime is covered so fast it ends with yukako reveal?

D-Man

Do yall think they gonna change Rikiya Koyama as Kira's VA? I hope not, unlike pucci I like that choice.
I honestly hope they don't change him. Just like Okuyasu, I thought Kira's voice in ASB and EoH was absolutely perfect. We can only hope that David Pro keeps him for the anime.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If we're gonna Part 5 OT better do it like how Araki did it by turning it Italian

How do you say OT in Italian? topic ufficiale?

Tizoc

If we're gonna Part 5 OT better do it like how Araki did it by turning it Italian

How do you say OT in Italian? topic ufficiale?
The ot will be in italian and english; italian first then english under it
It will be a simple ot where i only mention 2 characters; giorno and bruno
In fact u know how bruno's last name is written in 2 ways? One language will have bucciarti (sp) and the other bucelleti (sp)
I should start writing it up when the get back home hah

Tizoc

Wait hold up how does Highway Star work? It can create an illusion of some sorts to lure its prey otherwise it can just go at whoever its user wants someone's life force?

Boss Doggie

You know outside of GER and "final boss" Stands since Part 4, Kars could still take out later characters, except maybe Vanilla Ice.

Hypothetically, I wanna say that Vanilla Ice, The Hand, and D4C are the only ones with a chance of actually killing Kars. MAYBE Killer Queen if the explosion destroys him enough to not pull out a part 2 Straizo. I'd say Purple Haze too but the "perfect life form" bs would probably mean he'd be able to develop an antibody for that himself or something.

Tusk Act 4, D4C, Killer Queen with BTD, GER, The Hand, Heavens Door, Made in Heaven, Whitesnake could beat Cars. Crazy Diamond, Soft and Wet, Gold Experience could workshop a method. The trick is you can't actually kill him so you need an OP stand that can wipe out his existence or defeat him another way. Even stands like Purple Haze or green day won't work.

Notorious B.I.G. and Cars would just fight forever.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this is from the Twitter of one of the guys from Savage Garden:

smeyphE.jpg

https://twitter.com/darrenhayes/status/718702028055121920

Nah, DIO mustn't touch him otherwise auto eat/auto hamon, and even then isn't auto hamon a good defense against vampire stand users since DIO backed out attacking Joseph who had purple hermit hamon armor?

If Kars was in God-mode then he could kick Dio's ass to the moon and back.

Yeah but Kars would look at DIO and think 'You are beautiful'

Or DIO would somehow get the AJA stone mask and empower himself to Kars level

Pretty sure that'd do nothing. The Aja stone mask only did to Kars what a regular stone mask did to Dio. The Aja wasn't needed to strengthen the end results of the mask, it was needed for it to work at all on pillar men.

Pretty sure that'd do nothing. The Aja stone mask only did to Kars what a regular stone mask did to Dio. The Aja wasn't needed to strengthen the end results of the mask, it was needed for it to work at all on pillar men.

....DIO uses the AJA stone to amplify the Worlds own time stop power, then carries him to an already flying rocket, and sends him out to space. And the rocket blows up for good measure so Kars can't return

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So whatre the chances the hazamada encounter in the part 4 anime is covered so fast it ends with yukako reveal?

I doubt the fight will be over that fast, the fight's about as long as the fight with Angelo, so it would probably take at least one to one and a half episodes to cover it.

Ezalc

Tusk Act 4, D4C, Killer Queen with BTD, GER, The Hand, Heavens Door, Made in Heaven, Whitesnake could beat Cars. Crazy Diamond, Soft and Wet, Gold Experience could workshop a method. The trick is you can't actually kill him so you need an OP stand that can wipe out his existence or defeat him another way. Even stands like Purple Haze or green day won't work.

Notorious B.I.G. and Cars would just fight forever.

How would Kiler Queen, Tusk Act 4, Heavens Door, and Whitesnake do anything against Kars?

Crazy Diamond and Gold Experience wouldn't be able to do anything either.

We dont know that tho...we know it amplifies hamon, direct light, a candle flame, so maybe you can make the argument that it only affects light..

You're just applying araki asspulls to get dio to win.

You're just applying araki asspulls to get dio to win.

It's not like they explored the AJA any further!

We do know that it amplifies things. Hamon, fire, light, and the stone masks.

THEREFORE IT COULD AMPLIFY A STANDS POWER

I mean....they never said it COULDN'T amplify a stands power. Therefore we have to assume it can.

muda muda muda muda

also killer queen could theoretically keep kars stuck in a loop

Matsukaze

I intended to stay out of power discussions, but I'm curious - Why are we assuming Cars can see or even sense Stands? I have a difficult time envisioning Cars instantly evolving to victory every time if he has no idea there's danger afoot.

How would Kiler Queen, Tusk Act 4, Heavens Door, and Whitesnake do anything against Kars?

Crazy Diamond and Gold Experience wouldn't be able to do anything either.

Killer Queen - Time Loop

Tusk Act 4 - You serious? He needs to hit him once and he can never move again.

Heaven's Door - Has 100 different ways to deal with an opponent.

Whitesnake - Make him inanimate

Crazy Diamond and Gold Experience could do some trickery and trap him.

Ezalc

Killer Queen - Time Loop

Tusk Act 4 - You serious? He needs to hit him once and he can never move again.

Heaven's Door - Has 100 different ways to deal with an opponent.

Whitesnake - Make him inanimate

Crazy Diamond and Gold Experience could do some trickery and trap him.

A time loop where he never dies and Kira would also be stuck in since the point is to eliminate anybody that finds out about him but Kars can't be killed.

I don't remember Tusk act 4 being able to restrict somebody's movement.

Which can be overcome IIRC, I don't think it'd have as big as an effect on Kars as people think. He'd probably DNA a sentient being to kill rohan.

How would whitesnake do this? Take away his memories and non-existent stand disc?

Crazy diamond and gold experience deal with generating/manipulating life and things. Both of which Kars can do to an extent. He was able to withstand a volcano and create beings from his body.

If you get hit by Tusk Act 4 you are fucked. You just spin forever. It can't even be stopped by The World or D4C so it isn't even affected by space and time. You can't beat that unless you have GER.

Squishy3

I thought the special mask was specifically designed for pillar man
They just needed the energy of the Aja for the mask to be able to pierce their skulls. It'd just break otherwise, since presumably their bones are strong enough to prevent it from reaching their brains.

I'm also going to guess that just hypothetically speaking this might be why Araki never really revisited the Pillar Men exactly (now that we have SBRverse) as something similar might prevent them from having Stands awoken by the Stand arrow.

remz

They just needed the energy of the Aja for the mask to be able to pierce their skulls. It'd just break otherwise, since presumably their bones are strong enough to prevent it from reaching their brains.

I'm also going to guess that just hypothetically speaking this might be why Araki never really revisited the Pillar Men exactly (now that we have SBRverse) as something similar might prevent them from having Stands awoken by the Stand arrow.

What about the
Rock People, like that architect and the guy who got hit by a bus
from Jojolion? I feel they're the pillar man expies

cntr

Banned
The problem with Ultimate Kars is that while he's OP, we don't know how OP he is in overall terms.

He's unbeatable in Part 2 because he's immune to the Ripple, and Joseph has nothing else. What Kars would do in the stand parts, is unknown.

What about the
Rock People, like that architect and the guy who got hit by a bus
from Jojolion? I feel they're the pillar man expies
Yeah, they're Pillar Men references, but the only ability they share is turning into rocks. No vampire abilities.

...besides, the Bow and Arrow doesn't exist in the SBR-verse.

I intended to stay out of power discussions, but I'm curious - Why are we assuming Cars can see or even sense Stands? I have a difficult time envisioning Cars instantly evolving to victory every time if he has no idea there's danger afoot.

It's not that we're assuming that he can see a stand, it's that he's so goddamn OP that stands wouldn't really be a problem for him.

Boss Doggie

The problem with Ultimate Kars is that while he's OP, we don't know how OP he is in overall terms.

He's unbeatable in Part 2 because he's immune to the Ripple, and Joseph has nothing else. What Kars would do in the stand parts, is unknown.

but most of the stand users have effects that we do know they counter, only people like MR PRESIDENT, GAY PRIEST, and SHIT JUST WORKS could kill him. Maybe ZA HANDO and ICE ICE BABY.

Would Kira be able to kill him? I am still a bit confused on how BtD works. So you explode and die, and then Kira rewinds himself?

but most of the stand users have effects that we do know they counter, only people like MR PRESIDENT, GAY PRIEST, and SHIT JUST WORKS could kill him. Maybe ZA HANDO and ICE ICE BABY.

Would Kira be able to kill him? I am still a bit confused on how BtD works. So you explode and die, and then Kira rewinds himself?

Bites the dust causes the victim to be stuck in a death loop. So lets say the vixtim blows up at 5 PM. Until Kira finds out who that victim is and recalls BtD, the victim will perpetually be stuck in in a centralized time loop where they will keep dying at 5 pm. Even if they try to stop it or so something different theyll keep blowing up at that time. Its a defensive measure to protect Kiras identity so even he might not know who is the victim, but he does have a sense of the loop happening.

So not so much kill kars completely as so much leave him trapped in a loop for as long as Kira keeps BtD on the victim.

dani_dc

I wouldn't assume that Kars can't be killed, he was melting inside the Volcano and only survived because he created a protective barrier around himself, if he couldn't be killed there wouldn't be any need for a protective barrier of any kind. He just couldn't be killed by anything in Part 2.

A few of the stands mentioned on this page could certainly deal with him.

Bites the dust causes the victim to be stuck in a death loop. So lets say the vixtim blows up at 5 PM. Until Kira finds out who that victim is and recalls BtD, the victim will perpetually be stuck in in a centralized time loop where they will keep dying at 5 pm. Even if they try to stop it or so something different theyll keep blowing up at that time. Its a defensive measure to protect Kiras identity so even he might not know who is the victim, but he does have a sense of the loop happening.

So not so much kill kars completely as so much leave him trapped in a loop for as long as Kira keeps BtD on the victim.

There wouldn't be any time loop. BtD only rewinds time when it first kills someone. Remember that time continued as usual after Rohan died automatically and only rewinded when Jotaro and the others exploded too .

I wouldn't assume that Kars can't be killed, he was melting inside the Volcano and only survived because he created a protective barrier around himself, if he couldn't be killed there wasn't any need for a self of any kind. He just couldn't be killed by anything in Part 2.

Stands that can defeat him on a level higher then just being merely killed like the hand or d4c have the best chance. Even if you are immortal you can't survive being de materialized

Boss Doggie

Ah so it's something not even Kira knows then. Interesting.

I wouldn't assume that Kars can't be killed, he was melting inside the Volcano and only survived because he created a protective barrier around himself, if he couldn't be killed there wasn't any need for a self of any kind. He just couldn't be killed by anything in Part 2.

I thought it was the earth itself wanting to shit out Kars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom