• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Stands that can defeat him on a level higher then just being merely killed like the hand or d4c have the best chance. Even if you are immortal you can't survive being de materialized

Clearly Jorge Joestar fanfiction novel proves that Kars is able to survive interaction with Kars of different universes without being materialized, thus making d4c useless against him!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah did the pictures of women being gagged and tied and the collection of dead paraphernalia in the early part of Jojolion ever amounted to anything? Like, I don't think Kira 8 was into kinky shit.

dani_dc

Oh yeah did the pictures of women being gagged and tied and the collection of dead paraphernalia in the early part of Jojolion ever amounted to anything? Like, I don't think Kira 8 was into kinky shit.

Not to mention the girl that claimed to have been kidnapped by Kira.

Honestly I don't expect it to be addressed, Araki probably wrote that before deciding to give Kira some parallels with Jotaro.

Squishy3

Kira would have no reason to kill Cars, because Cars would be like "hahahahaha you cut off people's hands and play house with them? You do you fam, PEACE OUT" as Cars flys away with his locks flowing majestically in the wind

Hatty

It was planted by Ojiro Sasame. For what purpose? Who knows, you can't trust a man who can't decide if he's a man of the land or a man of the sea to make rational decisions.

Matsukaze

Kyo: I miss my brother so much. Hm? What are these pictures...?

Josuke: Uhhhhh.....

Boss Doggie

It was planted by Ojiro Sasame. For what purpose? Who knows, you can't trust a man who can't decide if he's a man of the land or a man of the sea to make rational decisions.

Yeah but were they really Kira's? Reading back apparently the girl didn't even know Kira.

Squishy3

Yeah but were they really Kira's? Reading back apparently the girl didn't even know Kira.
He kidnapped both her and Kira at the same time. I'm going to guess that this is something we'll see in the continuation of this flashback (as we saw the incident leading to why Ojiro hates Kira already) and he's probably going to return to his apartment sometime soon.

Astral

He kidnapped both her and Kira at the same time. I'm going to guess that this is something we'll see in the continuation of this flashback (as we saw the incident leading to why Ojiro hates Kira already) and he's probably going to return to his apartment sometime soon.

Why does he hate him again?

cntr

Banned
Not to mention the girl that claimed to have been kidnapped by Kira.

Honestly I don't expect it to be addressed, Araki probably wrote that before deciding to give Kira some parallels with Jotaro.
naw, I think Araki was trying to dupe us into thinking Jojolion Kira is a serial killer like the original

Hatty

Why does he hate him again?

Kira is kind of a dick

Screen_Shot_2016_04_13_at_12_24_24_PM.png

Jaxec

Araki's use of violence against women (and whether it's excessive or not) would be a really good discussion in the manga thread too. I had some very particular thoughts over something in one of the latter parts.

Decided to quote this from the off topic anime discussion and bring it here as to not spoil the anime watchers. I could be wrong, but are you referring to Scalet Valentine?

fertygo

Araki isn't really progressive is quite unfortunate yeah Part 6 is outlier, but even then there's some creepy sexualized part at early part 6 that Feminist won't appreciate, after that its quite smooth sailing beside Annasui characterization that want to marry Jolyne and even had proposing to Jolyne's father scene. yeah fuck that.

Also let not talk for part 7

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Decided to quote this from the off topic anime discussion and bring it here as to not spoil the anime watchers. I could be wrong, but are you referring to Scalet Valentine?

I actually forgot about Scarlet Valentine - I do feel that was pretty brutal, but it didn't bother me when I first read it.

Anyway, Jojolion spoilers.

Was referring to the rape attempts on Yasuho. Man, that had my eyes rollin'. I guess that wasn't the same sort of bloody violence people were talking about in the anime thread, but it was still pretty suspect. Especially since she was already under attack from Paper Moon King's bizarre sameface stand effect, which Araki could have played up even weirder instead of resorting to random sexual assault.

Up until that point I never really felt like he got excessive with women. Like you said in the anime thread, so much of his violence is aimed at men. That particular part I mentioned was dumb af though.

cntr

Banned
yeah, that bit was really weird, but overall I think he's improved with writing women

Part 6 characters are pretty good, and so are Hot Pants and Yasuho.

Yeah that part was very uncomfortable to put lightly, but stag beetles fighting healed those wounds. Three chapters of stag beetles fighting almost healed Part 5 wounds (no, I'm not rereading it with the good translations.).

Boss Doggie

stag beetles are always great

also let me see if I get my stuff right

pre-7 = stands are from arrows
7 = stands are from contact with jesus body parts
8 = stands are from contact with the walls with eyes

since the rockboys have them, I guess there's a though that they came from the walls? also damo apparently is human rather than a rockman?

stag beetles are always great

also let me see if I get my stuff right

pre-7 = stands are from arrows
7 = stands are from contact with jesus body parts
8 = stands are from contact with the walls with eyes

since the rockboys have them, I guess there's a though that they came from the walls? also damo apparently is human rather than a rockman?
Don't stands in part 7 come from crossing a certain part of a certain desert that has magic dust in it? I remember Gyro mentioning that at some point but I could be wrong.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I need to reread JoJo to refresh my memory but my main point about violence against women is it seems a lot of it is connected to rape or being taken advantage of more often than not---you also have the girl in Part 8 trapped in the tub and naked the whole time too. Maybe I exaggerated a bit by saying it was a huge problem but I don't think I'm totally looking too far into this. The men seems to more often have crazy shit happen to them while the women tend to get abused.

And yeah, it's hard to like that one dude in Part 8 who is meant to be comic relief when he did attempt rape.

Matsukaze

Probably just my bad memory, what chapter was there a rape attempt? I genuinely don't recall
Chapter 25: Go Meet with Higashikata Josuke (or Paper Moon Deception - Part 3), in which Tsurugi has tricked Yasuho by messing with everyone's faces.

This was the moment I realized Joshuu was always going to be dogshit, no matter what.

EDIT: Removed the page image b/c it might be against the TOS.

Nottle

I need to reread JoJo to refresh my memory but my main point about violence against women is it seems a lot of it is connected to rape or being taken advantage of more often than not---you also have the girl in Part 8 trapped in the tub and naked the whole time too. Maybe I exaggerated a bit by saying it was a huge problem but I don't think I'm totally looking too far into this. The men seems to more often have crazy shit happen to them while the women tend to get abused.

And yeah, it's hard to like that one dude in Part 8 who is meant to be comic relief when he did attempt rape.
I've only read up to part 6, but yeah, some women in the series absolutely have creepy sex things happen to them. From my recollection the women that seem abused or objectified are: the stow away girl from part 3, the women the nazis were skeaving on in Mexico in part 2, Sherry Polnareff, Holly Kujo, the woman who gave birth to Baby Face and, pretty much all victims of Dio and Kira.

On the other hand Lisa Lisa, Enya Geil, Trish Una, Yukako, Cinderella's stand user, Mariah, Bett Midler, Nena, and the cast of what I've read so far of 6 are treated like equals to men when it comes to violence which is refreshing. Also Alessi totally skeaves on baby Polnareff but with less male gaze going on because it's supposed to be really creepy.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

There's also the scene in which (mid-part 7 spoilers)
Funny Valentine tries to rape Lucy after he realizes that she's not really Scarlet

There's an information page that says that the rockmen have a 95% rate for acquiring a Stand, and it's not really said where they originally come from. I don't think it's been said if Damo is a rock human yet, but he probably is.

It's a shame, because I'd probably be alright with Joshuu but that part is just...yeah. I won't really be bummed if Joshuu is actually dead.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
There's also the scene in which (mid-part 7 spoilers)
Funny Valentine tries to rape Lucy after he realizes that she's not really Scarlet

That's the first thing that popped into my mind while reading what Semblance posted in the other thread.

Much like Scarlet Valentine, this completely slipped my mind as well (I'm thinking I need to reread this part with how much I'm forgetting, it's kind of embarrassing).

That was pretty lame though.

Did the creepypasta about the murderer mimicking the dog by licking the hand from under the bed come from Jojo, or did Araki just use that pre-existing story?

Squishy3

Did the creepypasta about the murderer mimicking the dog by licking the hand from under the bed come from Jojo, or did Araki just use that pre-existing story?
From Wikipedia:
There is a forerunner in the 1919 story 'The Diary of Mr Poynter' by M. R. James, where a young man absently strokes his dog (as he thinks) while reading an old manuscript account of the sinister death of a young student obsessed with his own hair. Of course the creature crouching at his side is not the dog.
The First published example of this story is found in 1983 in a story entitled "Bedtime for Sam" by Horror author David M Brown.
This legend was featured in the film Campfire Tales.
The story is a plot point in Volume 35 of Part 4 of the Japanese manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Astral

I legit want a Jojo-esque wardrobe. I don't know about you guys but some of this shit is fly as fuck. Jotaro and Josuke specifically have an awesome wardrobe.

Matsukaze

I legit want a Jojo-esque wardrobe. I don't know about you guys but some of this shit is fly as fuck. Jotaro and Josuke specifically have an awesome wardrobe.
Were I to come across Jotaro's Part 6 gear, Gyro's hat, or a pair of Guido's pants in a store, I don't think I could resist the purchase.

Ah, who am I kidding? If I found just about any spitting image JoJo clothing, I'd buy it in a heartbeat lol.

Boss Doggie

That's why I seriously hope Joshuu isn't meant to be the Okuyasu. I mean sure there's Kyo, but still...

There's an information page that says that the rockmen have a 95% rate for acquiring a Stand, and it's not really said where they originally come from. I don't think it's been said if Damo is a rock human yet, but he probably is.

I guess he is though, since weren't rockmen said to be parasitic in nature and never really go well with humans? It'd be odd if he a long, good relationship with them despite being human.

cntr

Banned
He has an Okuyasu-like position as "the guy with Josuke", but Joshuu is a shit rather than a good guy, and Jo2uke knows it.

So it's Yoshikage Bowie, right?

Such a creepy entrance, and I now know that breakfast scene in the anime was foreshadowing him.

Does Kira have a hand fetish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom