• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Dio not becoming a vampire means William survives, so caesars dad doesn't have to protect the pillar men early, so caesar had a normal relationship with him, and his dad wasn't eaten by the pillar men to wake them up.

I thought they were woken up by nazis

Boss Doggie

I thought only Santana was? I know they eventually found them, but I always assumed that they only started waking up when Caesars dad was eaten, and wouldn't have woken up when the nazis found them without that catalyst.

Wait, Caesar's dad getting was important for awakening the Pillar Men? I thought it was just him being their daily noms like many Italian hobo who "pressed" the gems.

And I thought it was nazis waking up Santama that led them looking up the actual pillar men wall emboss.

I think it was Straizo waking up Santana(Which never happens in teh alt universe) which led the Nazis to looking for the other stone emboss?

.....Who knows. King Crimson did it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We never learned Santana's real name.

Stroheim guessed Santana's name correctly. It was his real name.

I don't know which explanation is more hilarious

The fact that Kars just calls Santana by the name given to him by Nazis

Or that Stroheim guessed it correctly

It's great, it's all great.

Nairume

Banned
Alternative explanation is that while picking up english/german/italian, Kars and co (and I guess Santana himself) just accepted "Santana" as the translation for whatever his actual name was.

Though, I do prefer the more hilarious interpretation of Kars and co just caring so little about Santana that they just went with what other people call him.

Of course we all know the real explanation, lol

Lirlond

Wait, Caesar's dad getting was important for awakening the Pillar Men? I thought it was just him being their daily noms like many Italian hobo who "pressed" the gems.

And I thought it was nazis waking up Santama that led them looking up the actual pillar men wall emboss.

I thought Caesars dad was there to STOP people getting eaten no?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Caesars dad was there to STOP people getting eaten no?

Yeah, Caesar's dad left his family when Caesar was young to prevent the pillar men from awakening, caused by the absorption of blood, shown with Santana absorbing the blood of the people killed by the nazis and the "awaken my masters" sequence. He was there trying to figure out how to kill the pillar men while stopping them from fully waking up, which is why he tells Caesar to inform Lisa Lisa of his death and the pillar men's impending awakening. He believed that she was the only person that could have defeated them if they did wake up.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was more of Caesar not knowing it was his dad.

Caesar knew it was his dad, he wanted to kill him for abandoning his family, which is why he followed him into the lair under the colosseum. Caesar's dad didn't recognize his son, and his father's selfless act redeemed him in Caesar's eyes.

Hatty

So Caesar not only accomplished less than Dire did in Part 1 he actually ended up contributing to the Pillar Man revival?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So Caesar not only accomplished less than Dire did in Part 1 he actually ended up contributing to the Pillar Man revival?

Yes.

At least he saved Joseph's life twice, so I guess there's that. Though he probably would have survived his fight with Wham if he had teamed up with Joseph, plus they still would have been managed to get the antidote ring. It's really too bad that Caesar didn't know how to use any techniques that were perfect in both attack and defense

This Pillar Men talk begs to me the question.

Who put them into the Pillar's in the first place? They are immortal right? Why not just find some cave somewhere and chill for a while until you find the stone?

Caesar is also great, bubble hamon >>>

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
SHABON RAWNCHA

Neol

Nice little Rohan tease in today's episode.

8JOEWSt.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I forgot how creepy Hazamada was, kind of weird they sort of tried to "redeem" him later somewhat...I mean he's always a creep, but he hangs out with the heroes later on.

I also realize none of the stuff with him talking about a "group" going after Jotaro ever amounts to anything.

Squishy3

I forgot how creepy Hazamada was, kind of weird they sort of tried to "redeem" him later somewhat...I mean he's always a creep, but he hangs out with the heroes later on.

I also realize none of the stuff with him talking about a "group" going after Jotaro ever amounts to anything.
I think it's just supposed to imply that all the school Stand users are in cahoots (Akira, Hazamada, Yukako) but ultimately only one of them really gives a shit about doing anything to Jotaro with villainous intent and Yukako never cared and just wanted Koichi.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Great, I feel like we need to make a list of all Part 4 changes now that we're getting even more of them happening in the anime than what happened in All-Star Battle.

Surface got changed to "Show-Off", which is even more obvious when the name is STILL SHOWN IN ENGLISH, but the subs say "nah, he said Show-Off, ignore that box that says Surface"

Astral

Damn that means we're getting Echoes Act 2 in a week or two. Guess they're gonna update the opening again so soon. I really hope once the whole gang is introduced, they all show up pointing up together like that one cover. I've always loved that one.

Part 4 is really weird about trying to redeem characters or make them sympathetic. Okuyasu is an accomplice to his brother's murders release of a serial killer child rapist, Tamami is a con artist that becomes a loan shark and no one seems to care, Hazamada is the Japanese equivalent of a school shooter waiting to happen that abused animals, Rohan is a sociopath that tortures spiders, etc.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Great, I feel like we need to make a list of all Part 4 changes now that we're getting even more of them happening in the anime than what happened in All-Star Battle.

Surface got changed to "Show-Off", which is even more obvious when the name is STILL SHOWN IN ENGLISH, but the subs say "nah, he said Show-Off, ignore that box that says Surface"

Get hyped for Harness, Superb Mosquito, and Discount Ruse.

Thinking about starting this.

dub or sub?

This is the manga thread, so I'd advise getting out of here unless you want to get spoiled....

BUT TO ANSWER:
The dub of the anime has gone through Parts 1 and 2 of the anime so far with a Part 3 dub in production now. The anime is currently airing Part 4 in Japan. The dub will likely replace the copyrighted names with localized versions, and the original voices are better anyway imo.

So in conclusion: sub.

EDIT: Current anime thread

Boss Doggie

Huh, wow.

California King Bed
King Nothing
Nut King Call
Paper Moon King
Speed King

...holy shit you're right!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Still hoping for Temple of the King to make the list (but no way it's going to happen).

Boss Doggie

wasn't Chernobog referred to something as a king? Maybe he could add some Disney shit in his works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom