• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big0Bear

You're right, I didn't get the pop up earlier, for some reason.
August 7, though, not 8. And yeah, it only says it's a new trailer, nothing about it being the last one.

yea I saw the kanji said latest not last (in my defense there is only one kanji different from latest and last)

dan2026

This may be the best piece of merchandise ever created.

frog.jpg

Astarte

Whoops, it's a scan
Funny valentine and btd kira confirmed for asb

So the addition of btd kira means that the leak list was wrong, seeing as how it specified DIO and dio

The question is if it's ALSO just an alt for regular Kira or if the costume part of the trailer was technically a leak :v

Also, Valentine's special being having his oopponents meet their alt version resulting in an inky mess is all kinds of awesome.

When this game was first announced, I just crossed my fingers that I would get to play as Kira...

...and now you're telling me, I don't get just one, but two Kiras?!? How will I ever decide which one to main?!

(This game is godlike. C'mon Diego and a couple more Stone Ocean reps...)

EDIT:

Also, this answers my question from the ASB thread:

Also, WHY DOES KILLER QUEEN NOT HAVE STRAY CAT??? (Or did I just miss it...?)

I mean 3 Dios? If it was any other game I'd be like overkill but everyone loves Dio sama. We need that turtle neck raptor action

In Diego's case, I don't consider it "three" Dios anymore than I consider the game having "two" Jonathans, William/Caesars, Jousukes, etc. Diego is a completely separate character with his own personality and abilities, and he is incredibly central to the plot of Part 7, moreso than many characters already in the game. I'd be very surprised if he didn't get in.

----------

Also, I think I posted it awhile back, but now that we know BtD Kira is in the game, he should obviously have Bites the Dust as a super, and here's how I dream it will work:

Once the super connects, the opposing player blows up, but then time rewinds ten or so seconds. In other words, both players are now in the positions they were in ten (or some other value) seconds ago, with the same health, meter, etc. that they had at that time. Gameplay resumes, but at the ten second mark, Bites the Dust activates and the opposing player immediately blows up again.

What are the advantages of this? If you took heavy damage recently, Bites the Dust gives you a "redo", essentially healing yourself. Defensively, it also gives you a safeguard in case you get caught in a combo, since Bites the Dust will break you out of it. Offensively, if you wait for the explosion and position yourself correctly, you can follow it up with another combo.

But what will be even more hilarious are the rare scenarios where the initial explosion kills the opposing player, but the time rewind gives that player ten seconds to escape their fate by KO'ing Kira before the detonation.

Oh god, getting myself too hyped. >.<

Is anyone interested in doing the OT for All-Star Battle since it's coming out so soon?

I want to do it if no one else does

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, Diego ain't Dio.

I just hate that crap they pulled near the end of SBR with DioDiego.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Whoops, it's a scan
Funny valentine and btd kira confirmed for asb

So the addition of btd kira means that the leak list was wrong, seeing as how it specified DIO and dio

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna be pretty steamed if we don't get F.F. or Lisa Lisa. :lol

Will still buy for Jolyne and Hermes.

We can never have too many Dios. I still remember my Dio "wishlist" from when the game was announced.

-shota Dio
-non-vampire adult Dio with the kick ass cape.
-Vampire Dio
- Head-in-a-jar Dio
-Shadow Dio
-DIO
-DIO with Joseph's blood
-Pucci's flashback Dio
-Dio's toe bone
-Green Baby (technically somewhat Dio)
-Jesus-powered raptor Dio aka regular Diego
-Diego from that one alt universe where they were actually looking for diamonds instead of Jesus
-ZA WARUDO Diego

Is anyone interested in doing the OT for All-Star Battle since it's coming out so soon?

I'd always thought GB would eventually do the OT but I don't really know anymore.

Tizoc

I think God's Beard is making it.
Otherwise...where can I read up on a quick breakdown of the gameplay? Cuz I'm thinking of beating him to the punch and making the OT myself lol.

Speaking of ASB...Parts 3, 5, 6 and 7 have some characters that can be in the game, would be wicked if they have been saving them for the last month to be revealed: INFORMATION OVERLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAD!

At any rate, 4 DAYS TIL THE NEW TRAILAAAAA!

Astarte

I think God's Beard is making it.
Otherwise...where can I read up on a quick breakdown of the gameplay? Cuz I'm thinking of beating him to the punch and making the OT myself lol.

Speaking of ASB...Parts 3, 5, 6 and 7 have some characters that can be in the game, would be wicked if they have been saving them for the last month to be revealed: INFORMATION OVERLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAD!

At any rate, 4 DAYS TIL THE NEW TRAILAAAAA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bds87r04IyY

Here, this guy's channel is full of different analyses for different matches and the game itself.

The wait for more part 8 chapters hurts

Okay so, v-jump basically accidentally confirmed that the final roster will be 34 people. One more reveal before cutoff.

Okay so, v-jump basically accidentally confirmed that the final roster will be 34 people. One more reveal before cutoff.

Dammit. Don't make me pit Part 6 against Part 7! :(

Eh, can't complain since there are already waaaay more characters than I expected (although I would have traded someone like Hol Horse to give either 6 or 7 more representation). I'm betting it'll be Diego, he'd be a good "final reveal" type of character. Or, maybe it'll be Annasui, we had that supposed voice actor leak, right?

Also, if Kira is DLC, who's to say there won't be more? F.F., Weather Report, and Annasui all seem like prime candidates, along with characters like Iggy or Lisa Lisa.

JohnDoe

Banned
So I was watching Purple Rain the other day and I saw this guy in the audience
kNAR61N.jpg

Could he be inspiration for Jotaro's design? :p

Tizoc

Please tell me it was mistranslated/interpeted and it means the game will have a starting roster of 34 (Excluding Kira)?

Oh and new trailer in a few hours right?

Big0Bear

I should be free from work by then >=3
Big0Bear, read anything about how many characters will be in this game, or at elast what the initial roster is?

I actually know a guy on the team making it he doesn't know much about jojo but said the number of leaked characters on the list sounded right. I have no proof so I kept this fact to my self

Tizoc

I actually know a guy on the team making it he doesn't know much about jojo but said the number of leaked characters on the list sounded right. I have no proof so I kept this fact to my self

Interesting....it would be kickass if we get a lot of reveals in coming weeks before the game's release.

As is, excluding DLC Kira there are 32 characters. Supposed Leak list had 45 characters, so we'd have 12-13 characters to be announced (4 characters each week of August would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet).

My guess on who they'd be include:
Part 3: Iggy, Old Josef, Vanilla Ice
Part 5: Trish, Nero, Cicollata
Part 6: Anasui, FF, Weather Report, 1 extra villain
Part 7: Diego, 1 extra character

Big0Bear

Interesting....it would be kickass if we get a lot of reveals in coming weeks before the game's release.

As is, excluding DLC Kira there are 32 characters. Supposed Leak list had 45 characters, so we'd have 12-13 characters to be announced (4 characters each week of August would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet).

My guess on who they'd be include:
Part 3: Iggy, Old Josef, Vanilla Ice
Part 5: Trish, Nero, Cicollata
Part 6: Anasui, FF, Weather Report, 1 extra villain
Part 7: Diego, 1 extra character

Wish I knew more. All I know is that cc2 is making it but they have to follow badais orders so if they cut characters or have some crappy Dlc it's because bandai made then do it

Tizoc

Is there any reason why the Asian version of the ASB game is cheaper than the Japanese version? I'll probably go with the Asian one if they are the same games... Btw, does anyone have a spare Play-Asia coupon left they won't use?

Check in the Play asia thread in Gaming general forum.

Does the Asian ver. have English menu options? What about the pre-order Kira DLC, is it offered as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom